You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - We’re not Brasil we’re Tuaisceart Éireann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login


We’re not Brasil we’re Tuaisceart Éireann

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 351352353354355 358>
Author
Message
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton


Joined: 25 Nov 2014
Status: Offline
Points: 5582
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2022 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

What rational person, in response to a senior player using a sectarian slur at the slightest provocation, would then equivocate by saying "so and so tweeted a nasty comment about Rylan Clark a decade ago"? What planet do you live on? 
A few days ago, 'Artie Zif' pointed out that:
You are only calling [Lafferty] out because he's a protestant. I have never once seen you post it up when a catholic player does or say anything sectarian. That's the point."
To which you replied:
"Post a few examples."

Well, we've got a couple from Shane Duffy, as well as Baggio's notorious sectarianism, none of which you have ever condemned, despite being cxhallenged over them. Anthony Stokes is another one who springs to mind:

As I say, not just bigoted, but shamelessly hypocritical too.


Edited by Territorial - 03 Oct 2022 at 12:31pm
Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Avatar
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Joined: 25 Jan 2010
Location: Irish Riviera
Status: Offline
Points: 36505
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2022 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Terrence, am I allowed call a Jewish Spurs supporter a 'Yid' or would that be offensive?

Some Spurs fans wear it as a badge of honour and call themself yids.  Just want to be sure before I attend the next North London derby and start calling random sallow skinned lads that in Spurs tops.
What on earth has any of that got to do with the issue at hand?

As I said, stick to spoofing Roy Keane - at least that way you can more easily avoid exposing your own idiocy and/or prejudice.

If you dont ser what it has to do with your post then you are a bit simple.  You are the bigot.  Trying to excuse Lafferty posting up articles downplaying it.   You have a very thin veil Terrence.  The mask slipped with that article.

Why dont you post another link from some Uncle Tom from Alabama who liked being a slave to his kind master.  That makes slavery ok you know.
Insert pathetic Baldrick post below
Back to Top
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton


Joined: 25 Nov 2014
Status: Offline
Points: 5582
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2022 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

If you dont ser what [Spurs/Yids] has to do with your post then you are a bit simple.

OK, Im simple, explain it to me.

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

You are the bigot.
Quote me anything I've posted that is bigoted.

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Trying to excuse Lafferty posting up articles downplaying it.   You have a very thin veil Terrence.  The mask slipped with that article.
This is what Ive posted on this thread:
"I still think Lafferty was out-of-order."

"And because I care for my team, I also condemn those from my "own" side [i.e. Lafferty] who damage the team."

"I have made my view clear.that there is no excuse for Lafferty, unlike McMernamin"

"Lafferty's conduct was indefensible"

"No excuse for Lafferty, and the IFA was quite right to send him home."

And as I said earlier, I posted that article because it contributes to the debate by putting forward an alternative view to my own (though not to one or two other posters on here, who escape your ire).

And I respect carefully reasoned views from other qualified people, even when I don't agree with them.

See, your problem is that  you cannot accept that one of 'Themmuns' doesn't automatically conform to the prejudiced stereotype you invaribly ascribe to people like me.

And in the same veiin, when someone from "your" side makes an observation which also contradicts your case, even when he is infinitely better qualified than you, when you find yourself unable to "playi the ball" (what he said), you resort instead to "playing the man" (Uncle Tom), thereby plainly exposing the fact that you have no argument.. Which would be embarrassing, had you any self-awareness.

Either way, in the context of this thread, your casting of "bigot" aspersions, is richly ironic.

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Why dont you post another link from some Uncle Tom from Alabama who liked being a slave to his kind master.  That makes slavery ok you know.
Irrelevant garbage.
Back to Top
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Avatar
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Joined: 25 Jan 2010
Location: Irish Riviera
Status: Offline
Points: 36505
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2022 at 7:04pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

If you dont ser what [Spurs/Yids] has to do with your post then you are a bit simple.

OK, Im simple, explain it to me.

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

You are the bigot.
Quote me anything I've posted that is bigoted.

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Trying to excuse Lafferty posting up articles downplaying it.   You have a very thin veil Terrence.  The mask slipped with that article.
This is what Ive posted on this thread:
"I still think Lafferty was out-of-order."

"And because I care for my team, I also condemn those from my "own" side [i.e. Lafferty] who damage the team."

"I have made my view clear.that there is no excuse for Lafferty, unlike McMernamin"

"Lafferty's conduct was indefensible"

"No excuse for Lafferty, and the IFA was quite right to send him home."

And as I said earlier, I posted that article because it contributes to the debate by putting forward an alternative view to my own (though not to one or two other posters on here, who escape your ire).

And I respect carefully reasoned views from other qualified people, even when I don't agree with them.

See, your problem is that  you cannot accept that one of 'Themmuns' doesn't automatically conform to the prejudiced stereotype you invaribly ascribe to people like me.

And in the same veiin, when someone from "your" side makes an observation which also contradicts your case, even when he is infinitely better qualified than you, when you find yourself unable to "playi the ball" (what he said), you resort instead to "playing the man" (Uncle Tom), thereby plainly exposing the fact that you have no argument.. Which would be embarrassing, had you any self-awareness.

Either way, in the context of this thread, your casting of "bigot" aspersions, is richly ironic.

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Why dont you post another link from some Uncle Tom from Alabama who liked being a slave to his kind master.  That makes slavery ok you know.
Irrelevant garbage.


Jesus.
If you were really anti sectarianism you would ave condemned Lafferty and left it at that.  There is no ''alternate view''.  Its either right or wrong what he did and it was 100% wrong.  There is no alternative view unless you are yourself sympathetic towards this views.  The mere fact you put forward an ''alternate view'' shows you do not fully condemn Lafferty in your heart despite what words you type out.

You may as well put forward an alternate view for calling a black man the N word.  To do so would expose anyone as a racist.  What you did was nothing different excpet instead of racism it was a sectarian insult.

You claim I am narrow minded.  This shows what a warped environment you lot grow up in.  Because I condemn your post you think I am criticising you because you are a ''themmun''.  I couldn't give two f**ks what religion you are or if you support NI or not or if you identify as Unionist.  I literally couldn't give two f**ks.   The only narrow minded person here is you.  You can't see that Billy Bingham was whipping up the crowd.  You excuse it.  You have no option to admit Lafferty was dishing out disgusting sectarian abuse yet you try to play it down despite what you say. 

Your post translated as ''I disagree with Lafferty for what he said but look, here's another taig who wasn't too offended so is he being treated a bit harshly?'' 

I know you are a Spurs fan so I will ask you again.  If I call a Jewish Spurs supporter a Yid would he be offended?    If you don't see the parallels between that and Lafferty then I am nt prepared to get out a whiteboard and Ladybird it for you.


Insert pathetic Baldrick post below
Back to Top
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton


Joined: 25 Nov 2014
Status: Offline
Points: 5582
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2022 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

If you were really anti sectarianism you would ave condemned Lafferty and left it at that.  There is no ''alternate view''.  Its either right or wrong what he did and it was 100% wrong.  There is no alternative view unless you are yourself sympathetic towards this views.  The mere fact you put forward an ''alternate view'' shows you do not fully condemn Lafferty in your heart despite what words you type out.

And you call me "simple"?

Let me make it even simpler for you. Lafferty's sectarian slur was wrong, end of. Both Johnston and I agree on that. And I feel that the consequences for Lafferty should be strict.

By the same token, McMenamin's IRA remark is equally to be condemned, but because of the particular circumstances (age, apology, and years past etc), I beleive the consequences should not be so strict.

Johnston agreed with me on McMenamin, but disagreed on Lafferty.

All of which I thought a useful contribution to the debate, but instead of your discussing it and explaining why you disagree with him etc, all you could do was to make a nasty, disgraceful slur against the man. This is clearly because you cannot abide someone who you consider should be on your "side" veering from the otrhodoxy which you would impose on everyone else and disrregards that he knows far more about the situation in NI than you ever will. I mean, have you ever been to a football match iat Windsor? I'm guessing not, all of which says more about you than it does about him.

(Btw, have you anything to say about McMenamin's remark? Did I miss something?)

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

You claim I am narrow minded.  This shows what a warped environment you lot grow up in.  Because I condemn your post you think I am criticising you because you are a ''themmun''.  I couldn't give two f**ks what religion you are or if you support NI or not or if you identify as Unionist.  I literally couldn't give two f**ks.   The only narrow minded person here is you.  You can't see that Billy Bingham was whipping up the crowd.  You excuse it.
No it is not because you condemn my post per se, rather it is because you made no real attempt to address the points I made, never mind Johnston's points, but instead ignored the sdalient points, distorted my reasoning to suit you own narrow and intolerant stance, introduced irrelevancies and resorted to ad hominem ranting.

As for my use of "Themmuns", it encompasses far more than mere religion (you have no idea what my religion is, either). Rather it is an all-encompassing shorthand term in NI for members of the other "tribe", whether that tribe be defined eg by politics, religion, class, colour or, as in this case, football team. On which last point, the NI support includes Catholics as well as Protestants, which you'd know if you'd ever been near the place.

And as for your Bingham slur, it is bad enough your bringing up an event nearly 3 decades old, but if you must do so, at least refrain from also repeating malicious llies about it. For when he was "whipping up the crowd" with his trademark wave of the hand, he was doing so against a chorus of "One Team in Ireland". And how do I know this?

Simple. I was there, and you werent't.

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

You have no option to admit Lafferty was dishing out disgusting sectarian abuse yet you try to play it down despite what you say
"Despite what I say", is it?

In other words, if I say something consistently and repeatedly which doesn't conveniently suit your agenda, you reserve to yourself the right to disregard it. This is the same narrow-minded, intolerant attitude as that of the likes of Houlihan, when eg he refuses to accept that just because I am an NI fan, I am not also a Rangers fan.

Congratulations, you are in good company.

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Your post translated as ''I disagree with Lafferty for what he said but look, here's another taig who wasn't too offended so is he being treated a bit harshly?'' 
Once again, I don't think Lafferty is being treated too harshly. In that respect, I am at one with the IFA, and most of the GAWA, as it happens.

But I also accept that other qualified observers may disagrree.

Unlike you, who instead takes it upon himself to be the sole arbiter of how people like Johnston should react.

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

I know you are a Spurs fan so I will ask you again.  If I call a Jewish Spurs supporter a Yid would he be offended?    If you don't see the parallels between that and Lafferty then I am nt prepared to get out a whiteboard and Ladybird it for you.
I still don't see why you want to bring Spurs into this, other than that you're not really interested in debating the Lafferty incident, rather you just want to have a pop at me, and you think you might find another stick with which to beat me at WHL

But if you genuinely want to debate the issue of anti-Semitism at Spurs matches, then I suggest you address this in the Spurs thread, or a thread of its own, and I'll see if I'm minded to respond.

And in the meantime, you may wish to educate yourself on the nuances involved - hear are some useful pointers:
https://www.thejc.com/lifestyle/features/how-tottenham-became-the-jewish-football-team-1.53784?reloadTime=1664893324434

https://www.thejc.com/lets-talk/all/when-spurs-fans-chant-yid-it-is-the-opposite-of-derogatory-1.478784

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-27910263

https://www.thejc.com/news/uk-news/jonathan-goldstein-says-he-has-changed-his-mind-on-tottenham-hotspurs-fans-use-of-yiddo-1.496967

https://twitter.com/stephenpollard/status/1227602466335793152
Back to Top
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Avatar
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Joined: 25 Jan 2010
Location: Irish Riviera
Status: Offline
Points: 36505
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2022 at 5:18pm
Terrence you muppet  I never once mentioned that fella you mentioned.  Never once had a I a pop at him.  I was having a pop at you because you say on one hand you condemn Lafferty's actions but on the other hand your actions of putting up an article putting forward a sly little ''one of you lot wasn't too offended'' totally undone any condemnation you may have made.

As I repeat you are the bigot because you think I am having a pop at you because you are a NI fan from a protestant background.  I am have issues wit your post because you are an arsehole. 

You are a great man for saying how we are narrow minded bigots when its you that is.  You are narrow minded yourself because you yourself have this image of us.me that we/I hate all things NI and its all one sided narrative. You are the bigot because you think everyone else is against you when you know f**k all about anyone you interact with on here.

I never even heard of that chap you quoted or even McMenamin.  Never heard of him.  I don't even know what he did but saw he was suspended probably for something he tweeted as a kid.  I don't even know what he said.

As I said if you really were a fair an open minded person you would have posted your condemnation and left it at that.  But you didn't which says a lot.


Now that's the end of my interaction with you on the matter.  You willfully refuse to see the parallels between what you posted with that article and the examples I gave you.  So no I couldn't be arsed clicking on any sh*te links you posted.





Insert pathetic Baldrick post below
Back to Top
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton


Joined: 25 Nov 2014
Status: Offline
Points: 5582
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2022 at 10:54am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Terrence you muppet  I never once mentioned that fella you mentioned.  Never once had a I a pop at him.  I was having a pop at you because you say on one hand you condemn Lafferty's actions but on the other hand your actions of putting up an article putting forward a sly little ''one of you lot wasn't too offended'' totally undone any condemnation you may have made.

As I repeat you are the bigot because you think I am having a pop at you because you are a NI fan from a protestant background.  I am have issues wit your post because you are an arsehole. 

You are a great man for saying how we are narrow minded bigots when its you that is.  You are narrow minded yourself because you yourself have this image of us.me that we/I hate all things NI and its all one sided narrative. You are the bigot because you think everyone else is against you when you know f**k all about anyone you interact with on here.

I never even heard of that chap you quoted or even McMenamin.  Never heard of him.  I don't even know what he did but saw he was suspended probably for something he tweeted as a kid.  I don't even know what he said.

As I said if you really were a fair an open minded person you would have posted your condemnation and left it at that.  But you didn't which says a lot.


Now that's the end of my interaction with you on the matter.  You willfully refuse to see the parallels between what you posted with that article and the examples I gave you.  So no I couldn't be arsed clicking on any sh*te links you posted.

Trap Jr's "Saipan moment" - how apt! 

I hope your Tiggs is ready for a good long walk...LOL
Back to Top
williemc83 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan


Joined: 10 Sep 2010
Status: Offline
Points: 118
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote williemc83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2022 at 9:24am
The north got a nice draw. It's amazing how a 5th seeded team can get a more favourable draw than at least 2 3rd seeded teams. 
Back to Top
cwh2018 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira


Joined: 29 Jan 2022
Status: Offline
Points: 17
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwh2018 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2022 at 11:11pm
would many here give ni much chance of qualifying? they really got a dream draw with Finland and Slovenia being great picks. I think they will beat sm twice obviously and can win 2 of 3 in Belfast against the 2 above and Kazakhstan. Then they are only a win or 2 away as I think this group will be really close for the second spot.
Back to Top
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2008
Location: Sunderland
Status: Offline
Points: 40554
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2022 at 3:44pm

The Scottish FA has banned Kyle Lafferty for 10 matches after the striker was found guilty of using sectarian language.

The punishment comes after a video was shared on social media last month showing the striker making a comment to a man in a bar who said "Up the Celts".

Kilmarnock have accepted the ban which will rule Lafferty out of action until January 14/15 next year, when the club face Celtic in the Scottish League Cup semi-final at Hampden Park.


Edited by Double Maxim - 20 Oct 2022 at 3:44pm
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Back to Top
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton


Joined: 04 Aug 2020
Status: Offline
Points: 6088
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2022 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:


The Scottish FA has banned Kyle Lafferty for 10 matches after the striker was found guilty of using sectarian language.

The punishment comes after a video was shared on social media last month showing the striker making a comment to a man in a bar who said "Up the Celts".

Kilmarnock have accepted the ban which will rule Lafferty out of action until January 14/15 next year, when the club face Celtic in the Scottish League Cup semi-final at Hampden Park.
No Laffing matter.
Don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner.
Back to Top
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2008
Location: Sunderland
Status: Offline
Points: 40554
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2022 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:


The Scottish FA has banned Kyle Lafferty for 10 matches after the striker was found guilty of using sectarian language.

The punishment comes after a video was shared on social media last month showing the striker making a comment to a man in a bar who said "Up the Celts".

Kilmarnock have accepted the ban which will rule Lafferty out of action until January 14/15 next year, when the club face Celtic in the Scottish League Cup semi-final at Hampden Park.
No Laffing matter.


One of your better ones.

Big smile
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Back to Top
turbo10 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan


Joined: 15 Oct 2011
Status: Offline
Points: 132
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turbo10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2022 at 4:28pm
"I want to deeply apologise to the club, supporters and my family for the distress caused over the past month. I totally acknowledge that my reaction to the incident was completely out of order.

"There is no excuse, it’s something that I immediately regretted and have been embarrassed about ever since. I absolutely accept that I should not have responded to provocation in that manner."

So basically apologies to everyone bar the lads he called fenians. Plus talk of provocation implies he was a victim in some way - they only said 'up the celts' to him. Enjoy your break Kyle.

Back to Top
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Joined: 22 Feb 2011
Location: Dublin/Donegal
Status: Offline
Points: 6705
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2022 at 11:30am
Mad ban altogether
Back to Top
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton


Joined: 04 Aug 2020
Status: Offline
Points: 6088
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2022 at 11:50am
"Provocation" LOL
Don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner.
Back to Top
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Avatar
MAYO FOR SAM

Joined: 13 Jan 2009
Location: The local
Status: Offline
Points: 6554
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2022 at 12:06pm
I never knew being called a fenian was a slur up north before all of this. There's a GAA club called Fenians in Kilkenny and probably more around the country and world.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Back to Top
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Avatar
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Joined: 25 Jan 2010
Location: Irish Riviera
Status: Offline
Points: 36505
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2022 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

I never knew being called a fenian was a slur up north before all of this. There's a GAA club called Fenians in Kilkenny and probably more around the country and world.


Shut up you Dublin bastard
Insert pathetic Baldrick post below
Back to Top
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Avatar
Born n bred in darndale.

Joined: 03 Feb 2010
Location: Ireland
Status: Online
Points: 32474
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2022 at 12:11pm
Tarriers is a new one.

They have loads of derogatory names for Irish people. 
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 351352353354355 358>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd.