You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - We’re not Brasil we’re Tuaisceart Éireann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login


We’re not Brasil we’re Tuaisceart Éireann

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 329330331332>
Author
Message
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady


Joined: 04 Aug 2020
Status: Online
Points: 2757
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 12:52am
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

It's rich that you're accusing me of saying and implying things about your character when you've repeatedly called me a bigot on this thread with little of substance to back it up.

When, for example, Baggio posted an ouright bigoted slur ("cheating Orange bastards"), you defended him.

You have repeatedly accused me of being a Rangers fan  despite my having made it perfectly and repeatedly clear that I have no more time for them than I have eg for Celtic.

More generally, on this thread you invariably tar all NI fans with the same brush, on the strength of the actions of a minority. (Or as with one famous example, the actions of some Chelsea fans).

Thiese are just the first examples which come to mind of your total inability and/or unwillingness to accept that "themmuns" are not "all the same.", since to do so would challenge your pre-conceived view of people like me.

Which is the very essence of bigotry.

Rangers have always had board members and staff members who are members of the Orange Order. Plenty of their fans have links to the Orange Order. Are you denying this? Aside from that, I interpreted his comment as being made in jest. No different to Rangers boards constantly referring to Catholics and Irish as "tarriers" or "tatty munchers" or "papists" with no reproach from moderators. In fact, I'd argue RB's comment is tame in comparison since it is not a derogatory slur based on race or religion.

For someone who has no time for Rangers, you have all the time in the world for defending the actions of their fans and the club as a whole, which strikes me as highly suspicious.

Ergo, you blaming the sectarian actions of a large segment of NI fans in Belfast on "them Chelsea fans" despite video evidence to the contrary.

Seeing you for what you are and taking a dim view of your defense of the bigoted actions of a vocal cohort (stain) of NI fans does not make me a bigot, no matter how many times you level that slur against me.

Take ownership of the actions of segments of your fanbase. Blaming Chelsea fans or your whataboutery re: "Celtic fans are just as bad" gets nobody anywhere. 
Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown.
Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Avatar

Joined: 27 Mar 2012
Location: Dubai
Status: Offline
Points: 10624
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 4:37am
Originally posted by Floreat Ultonia Floreat Ultonia wrote:

Afternoon all. My brief take on the Lewis dismissal:

* yes, the refereee was overfussy (as they usually are at this level), and even by that standard eccentric. But I'd share the blame around, including to

* Lewis himself. When you've already had an early booking for a crude foul, don't fcuk about to risk another. We can't afford to lose players for daydreaming or gormlessness

* Baraclough. Don't send out a player completely lacking in form, confidence and match practice, don't gurn about teams needing to win not time-wasting when you clearly picked a side looking for 0-0 at best, and overall take the blame yourself

* Davis. As widely agreed he was warned earlier about time-wasting but clearly didn't stress it to the players. Of course this should have been done before the game, not halfway through it

* Gillespie. Yes, he's just a bland pundit but his habit of agreeing with whatever the previous speaker said is telling. So to the Five Live presenter, it was all 'the referee's a disgrace',  but on Radio Ulster he echoed Magilton  who made largely the same points as mine above Smile

This is not the thread for balanced opinions.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Back to Top
Martiponti View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane
Avatar

Joined: 23 Dec 2018
Location: Montreal
Status: Offline
Points: 342
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martiponti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 6:06am
Yeah, the ref was an eccentric.
  The two different boots and his customised whistle that played Ode to Joy were the giveaways.
FIFA will have to tighten their selection process
Back to Top
Martiponti View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane
Avatar

Joined: 23 Dec 2018
Location: Montreal
Status: Offline
Points: 342
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martiponti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 8:47am
I'd be pretty sure FIFA have a process for appealing against red cards. If there is, why wasn't it used? 

Edited by Martiponti - 14 Oct 2021 at 8:47am
Back to Top
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Avatar
Born n bred in darndale.

Joined: 03 Feb 2010
Location: Ireland
Status: Online
Points: 31350
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 8:55am
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

So if I haven’t played at the level Hackett reffed at, I cant have an opinion?
No, you can't have an opinion because you're "... always after a good opportunity to get sucking up to [me]"

Don't ever forget that "People like you have always despised Northern nationalists, to the point where you're happy to take to bed with Unionists."

And that trumps any opinion you may have on refereeing (or anything else for that matter).

LOL


In fairness, there is an element within Southern Ireland who do that that attitude. 


     
Back to Top
Het-field View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton


Joined: 08 Mar 2016
Status: Offline
Points: 7584
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 9:10am
Originally posted by Martiponti Martiponti wrote:

I'd be pretty sure FIFA have a process for appealing against red cards. If there is, why wasn't it used? 

Does it? Red cards resulting from two yellows were historically seen as too complex, as you would have you revoke one of the cards. A straight red is an easy appeal. Two yellows, not as much.
Back to Top
Het-field View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton


Joined: 08 Mar 2016
Status: Offline
Points: 7584
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 9:22am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

So if I haven’t played at the level Hackett reffed at, I cant have an opinion?
No, you can't have an opinion because you're "... always after a good opportunity to get sucking up to [me]"

Don't ever forget that "People like you have always despised Northern nationalists, to the point where you're happy to take to bed with Unionists."

And that trumps any opinion you may have on refereeing (or anything else for that matter).

LOL


In fairness, there is an element within Southern Ireland who do that that attitude. 



Yeah, but it doesn’t mean posters have the right to throw it at me without anything to back it up.
Back to Top
Martiponti View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane
Avatar

Joined: 23 Dec 2018
Location: Montreal
Status: Offline
Points: 342
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martiponti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 9:24am
So you can't appeal a red card resulting from two yellows?
  That'll be the answer, then!
   I didn't know that
Back to Top
Martiponti View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane
Avatar

Joined: 23 Dec 2018
Location: Montreal
Status: Offline
Points: 342
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martiponti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 9:32am
Ruth Dud-Edwards is never going to say outright "I hate Northern Nationalist scum., the ones we put up for adoption who will appear back at the door and possibly upset the home we've built" 
Back to Top
notpropaganda73 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane
Avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2016
Location: Donegal
Status: Offline
Points: 332
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 9:48am
Originally posted by Martiponti Martiponti wrote:

Ruth Dud-Edwards is never going to say outright "I hate Northern Nationalist scum., the ones we put up for adoption who will appear back at the door and possibly upset the home we've built" 
she probably has said that somewhere in fairness the wagon 
Back to Top
Martiponti View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane
Avatar

Joined: 23 Dec 2018
Location: Montreal
Status: Offline
Points: 342
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martiponti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 10:01am
LOL
Back to Top
Het-field View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton


Joined: 08 Mar 2016
Status: Offline
Points: 7584
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 10:22am
What RDE says is irrelevant to your “people like you...” comment. It was unsubstantiated and baseless and unfair.
Back to Top
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton


Joined: 25 Nov 2014
Status: Offline
Points: 5003
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Rangers have always had board members and staff members who are members of the Orange Order. Plenty of their fans have links to the Orange Order. Are you denying this? Aside from that, I interpreted his comment as being made in jest. No different to Rangers boards constantly referring to Catholics and Irish as "tarriers" or "tatty munchers" or "papists" with no reproach from moderators. In fact, I'd argue RB's comment is tame in comparison since it is not a derogatory slur based on race or religion.

There you go again, polluting the NI thread with anti-Rangers stuff, like a "pound shop tonyjaa".

Fact is, not all NI fans are Rangers fans and not all Rangers fans are NI fans, nor are they/we all members of the OO. Therefore to lump everyone all in together is pure, blinkered prejudice.

Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

For someone who has no time for Rangers, you have all the time in the world for defending the actions of their fans and the club as a whole, which strikes me as highly suspicious.
Provide me with one example of where I have denied or condoned, never mind defended Rangers (club or fans) when they have misbehaved. You won't, because you can't

My view is quite simple. From what I can see (never been to Ibrox), the majority of Rangers fans are probably decent enough, while a minority are bigoted scum. And while you can argue all day over the respective percentages, I would say exactly the same about Celtic fans.

Further, I would say pretty much the same about most other teams, including my own NT (and yours).

But the reason I have particular disdain for the OF is simple. While other clubs or Associations are usually concerned to try to exclude the minority which shame them, Rangers and Celtic routinely condone their presence, whilst conspicuously avoiding taking any serious, effective action against them - at least so long as they continue to dominate Scottish football and Ibrox and Parkhead are sold out every week.

For that reason, I am contemptuous of both clubs and would never even consider supporting either..

Now let's see you try to twist that to "prove" that I'm really a Rangers fan.

Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Seeing you for what you are and taking a dim view of your defense of the bigoted actions of a vocal cohort (stain) of NI fans does not make me a bigot, no matter how many times you level that slur against me.
Provide me with one example of where I have defended "the bigoted actions" of any NI fan.

Fact is, it is your determination to ascribe thoughts and opinions to me which I simply do not hold, even in the face of numerous unequivocal posts to the contrary (eg "Rangers fan"), which makes you a bigot.

Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Take ownership of the actions of segments of your fanbase. Blaming Chelsea fans or your whataboutery re: "Celtic fans are just as bad" gets nobody anywhere. 
I have never denied that a minority of NI fans sometimes behave deplorably.

But I resent it when you attempt to use their misbehaviour - never mind that of Rangers and Chelsea - to try to tar us all with the same brush, as you rotinely do, without evidence, discernrnent or discrimination.

Which would be bad enough, but I'm prepared to bet you've never been to an NI game - at least in NI - in your entire life. In fact, I doubt you've ever had a serious conversation with an NI fanabout any of this, at least face-to-face and away from the anonymity of the keyboard.
Back to Top
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady


Joined: 04 Aug 2020
Status: Online
Points: 2757
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 5:13pm
LOL. Now he's threatening me. LOL
Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown.
Back to Top
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady


Joined: 04 Aug 2020
Status: Online
Points: 2757
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 5:21pm
https://www.irishnews.com/news/northernirelandnews/2021/08/13/news/chelsea-fans-follow-loyalist-flute-band-ahead-of-uefa-super-cup-clash-2416671/

Have a read of this, Terri. When a club's supporters engage in sectarianism or racism, you're supposed to condemn it, not blame Chelsea and engage in whataboutery about Celtic fans.

Rangers and Celtic fans both have dodgy elements but you're being facetious if you say that Celtic's problems with their fanbase are in any way comparable to that of Rangers when thousands of Rangers fans still engage in sectarian chanting on a weekly basis. But, then again, you're keeping your head in the sand about the links between Chelsea, Rangers and Linfield, so no surprises there!

But you're more than welcome to tell us all what the point was of a loyalist flute band leading Chelsea fans to Windsor and creating a toxic atmosphere at a match played between an English side and a Spanish side.

You can call me a bigot and assert that you don't have an allegiance to Rangers on this issue all you want.

When a vocal segment of RoI fans engage in sectarian chanting at our home matches you can also compare the two sets of supporters, but again, we all know it's complete and utter nonsense to say that Ireland supporters have the same problem with inclusivity that the North does.

I never said all NI fans are bigots by the way, and you know this, but it's telling that you get so defensive when I bring up the issues within a segment of your fanbase.

Nor did I say all NI fans are Rangers fans. I implied that you are, and with good reason. Don't make stuff up.


Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 14 Oct 2021 at 5:38pm
Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown.
Back to Top
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton


Joined: 25 Nov 2014
Status: Offline
Points: 5003
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 5:43pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

https://www.irishnews.com/news/northernirelandnews/2021/08/13/news/chelsea-fans-follow-loyalist-flute-band-ahead-of-uefa-super-cup-clash-2416671/

Have a read of this, Terri. When a club's supporters engage in sectarianism or racism, you're supposed to condemn it, not blame Chelsea and engage in whataboutery about Celtic fans.

Rangers and Celtic fans both have dodgy elements but you're being facetious if you say that Celtic's problems with their fanbase are in any way comparable to that of Rangers when thousands of Rangers fans still engage in sectarian chanting on a weekly basis. But, then again, you're keeping your head in the sand about the links between Chelsea, Rangers and Linfield, so no surprises there!

But you're more than welcome to tell us all what the point was of a loyalist flute band leading Chelsea fans to Windsor and creating a toxic atmosphere at a match played between an English side and a Spanish side.

You can call me a bigot and assert that you don't have an allegiance to Rangers on this issue all you want.

When a vocal segment of RoI fans engage in sectarian chanting at our home matches you can also compare the two sets of supporters, but again, we all know it's complete and utter nonsense to say that Ireland supporters have the same problem with inclusivity that the North does.

I never said all NI fans are bigots by the way, and you know this, but it's telling that you get so defensive when I bring up the issues within a segment of your fanbase.


"Blah blah Rangers blah blah Chelsea blah blah blah the North blah Orange Order blah blah...."

Why do you bother? Why not just post "Themmuns!" and be done with it?

Hell, why do I bother, when your own words condemn you more eloquently than I ever could?

Anyhow, I'll leave you to simmer in your own stew of resentment, suspicion and prejudice.


Edited by Territorial - 14 Oct 2021 at 5:45pm
Back to Top
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Avatar

Joined: 17 Jul 2009
Location: Monaghan/Dublin
Status: Offline
Points: 31522
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

LOL. Now he's threatening me. LOL
Where’s he threatening you? 
Back to Top
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady


Joined: 04 Aug 2020
Status: Online
Points: 2757
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

LOL. Now he's threatening me. LOL
Where’s he threatening you? 

I wouldn't say it to his face because he'd beat me up I believe is the nuance. My dad is bigger than your dad kind of stuff.

I wouldn't want to be in a room alone with him but it's because of his personality type not anything else.
Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown.
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 329330331332>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd.