You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We’re not Brasil we’re Tuaisceart Éireann

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 319320321322323 369>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2021 at 9:17pm
Originally posted by Landsdowne90 Landsdowne90 wrote:

who’s the lad on commentary on Sky? 

“the Republic are after all our players”... please

Jim Wells?
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Sponsored Links

Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2021 at 9:18pm

7 of the players in their starting lineup are either English or Scottish. The majority of their squad are English.

Maybe they should stop poaching English and Scottish players with no connection to their country if they want to offer a pathway to NI youngsters.

And, you know, stop inducing young lads from the south, like Jimmy Dunne, Michael O'Connor, Rio McEvoy et al if they want to maintain some semblance of a moral upper hand, however transparently ridiculous.

It's absolutely pathetic.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2021 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Jim Wells?

Jim Allister? 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
NIGreenWall View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NIGreenWall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2021 at 10:29pm

Very loud 'f**k The 'IRA' chants just there.  Following on from a very loud 'No Surrender' during the anthem.

Not a minority, let's call it as it is. 

Hearing test needed, if was F**k the IFA actually, have you not been following the news about the about their disgraceful membership scheme and the ticket prices for the games.
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2021 at 10:34pm
Originally posted by NIGreenWall NIGreenWall wrote:

Very loud 'f**k The 'IRA' chants just there.  Following on from a very loud 'No Surrender' during the anthem.

Hearing test needed, if was F**k the IFA actually, have you not been following the news about the about their disgraceful membership scheme and the ticket prices for the games.

😂😂😂 Have a day off
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2021 at 10:51pm
The 'No Surrender' was a reference to the Bruce Springsteen song.
BaileNuisBhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaileNuisBhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 12:01am
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

7 of the players in their starting lineup are either English or Scottish. The majority of their squad are English.

Maybe they should stop poaching English and Scottish players with no connection to their country if they want to offer a pathway to NI youngsters.

And, you know, stop inducing young lads from the south, like Jimmy Dunne, Michael O'Connor, Rio McEvoy et al if they want to maintain some semblance of a moral upper hand, however transparently ridiculous.

It's absolutely pathetic.
👏 Stephen Craigan talking absolute sh!te as usual

Edited by BaileNuisBhoy - 09 Sep 2021 at 12:02am
Say no to Egg Chasing!!!
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 6:16am
Starting line-up had six English or Scottish players, it was eight out of eleven at the end after substitutions. Squad on the night featured eight players from League One, others from SPL and even an obscure Cypriot club where that big donkey Kyle Lafferty plys his trade these days. No PL regulars to call on so this rag, tag and bobtail outfit does punch above its weight, though they will certainly not qualify. Ciaron Brown was maybe their best player last night, he's with Cardiff and big Mick refused to sell him to Middlesbrough during the window.

Edited by Green Cockade - 09 Sep 2021 at 6:17am
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 8:20am
Any Irish lads in their squad?
Chips don't bounce
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 8:38am
Originally posted by NIGreenWall NIGreenWall wrote:

IF...it was 'f**k The IFA' I'll hold my hands up. However there is no denying the very loud 'No Surrender' chants during the anthem, which you conviently  have ignored. 

On the pitch, I thought the North were well deserving of a draw. Set up well and difficult to break down. Swiss were poor enough 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 8:39am
Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

Any Irish lads in their squad?

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
GAWA View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAWA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 8:53am

Scundered (to coin a local phrase) for you. Still running a mile to be offended I see?? Fcuk the IFA I think you’ll find after they ripped off the fans. But I fully agree with what you thought it meantSmile
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 9:11am
Originally posted by GAWA GAWA wrote:

Scundered (to coin a local phrase) for you. Still running a mile to be offended I see?? Fcuk the IFA I think you’ll find after they ripped off the fans. But I fully agree with what you thought it meantSmile

Was the No surrender chants to the ticket price increase too?
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
GAWA View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAWA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 9:23am
sung by a minority. Sounds much louder than it actually is as it’s in natural lull in the song. It’s not something I say (I don’t even sing the anthem) but again you’ll always cry about something. You don’t hear NI fans going on about your fcuk the queen song do we?? Why, cos we’ve more important stuff to worry about than constantly wanting to be offended.

Edited by GAWA - 09 Sep 2021 at 9:24am
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 9:31am
Jamie Bryson was at the match no chance he shouted No surrender, they are all well behaved.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

Starting line-up had six English or Scottish players, it was eight out of eleven at the end after substitutions. Squad on the night featured eight players from League One, others from SPL and even an obscure Cypriot club where that big donkey Kyle Lafferty plys his trade these days. No PL regulars to call on so this rag, tag and bobtail outfit does punch above its weight, though they will certainly not qualify. Ciaron Brown was maybe their best player last night, he's with Cardiff and big Mick refused to sell him to Middlesbrough during the window.

They had 6 English/Scottish players in the starting lineup last night. They brought on 3 more English/Scottish players off the bench.

9 players on the pitch who weren't even born on this island and yet the usual WUM's will persist with their verbal diarrhea about ROI "stealing" their players and how they offer a better pathway to "their" youngsters than we do.

A better pathway to Intl football and a higher profile for English lads like McCalmont, Brown and Ballard, certainly.

Don't get me started on the rank hypocrisy over lads like Dunne and O'Connor being tapped up, and lads from the south switching to-and-fro between Intl setups.

All the while, the usual excuses being made for disgusting sectarian chants happening at every single Intl game.

If they wanted to do something about it, it should be quite simple. It's a small and modern stadium that holds approximately 15,000 people. They could easily find out who the culprits are and send a message that it's 2021 and this kind of behaviour is no longer acceptable.

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 09 Sep 2021 at 12:50pm
GAWA View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAWA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 1:24pm
Evidence of sectarian chanting at matches please?
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by GAWA GAWA wrote:

Evidence of sectarian chanting at matches please?

Did you not watch the match?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 319320321322323 369>
  Share Topic