You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We’re not Brasil we’re Tuaisceart Éireann

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 311312313314315 369>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2021 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

You're being pernickety about Bradley's position yet you label Smyth as a "striker". They both can play a wide position, and Smyth has played more of a midfield position than that of an out-and-out forward in recent times.
When Smyth has played for NI, it has been a striker, full stop. Bradley is not a striker, so they were not competing for the same position.

You keep bleating on about these NI programs that NI based players who may identify as Irish participate in as if participating in them because that's the part of the country they happen to have been born in makes them a slave to the IFA. They're under no obligation to remain with NI no matter what inducements are given to them.
Er, who was it accused Jim Magilton of "trying to coerce and pressure players from a Catholic background into not playing for ROI"?

If they're not "slaves" [sic], which they patently aren't, how's the "pressure" and "coercion" going to work, then?

Pretty sure Bradley isn't an Irish surname BTW. And I only brought up Smyth because he covers a similar position.
You were the one who seized upon Bradley having "a Catholic background", while you only seized upon Smyth because you couldn't find another example - and it was plainly and factually wrong.

Just as you completely ignored the example of Sam McClelland and were doubtless entirely unaware of the Club NI project, which was set up to identify the best young talent at the earliest age and fast track them through to professional football as quickly as possible.

As such, graduates like Bradley and McClelland are chosen solely on account of their ability and potential and entirely regardless of their religious background - as are the coaches, officers and managers of the scheme.

Which lies at the very heart of your original rant. For it is clear that you cannot observe anything other than through the prism of your closed and prejudiced mindset.

Meaning that it is beyond your comprehension that people like young Bradley and his family might not be a damned biit interested in any of that crap, but just appreciate the opportunity for the lad to make a career in professional football, whilst also enhancing his education.

(Meanwhile, your original "child" and "creepy" implications suggest that it may not just be your politics which are seriously f**ked-up, but your personal obsessions too. Shocked )
Sponsored Links

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2021 at 3:51pm
The English FA are threatening to ban anyone singing that old Windsor Park favourite “Ten German Bombers” at the Germany game next week

Get the family down to Windsor it’s great craic, nothing offensive here anymore 

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 25 Jun 2021 at 3:53pm
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2021 at 7:08pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

The English FA are threatening to ban anyone singing that old Windsor Park favourite “Ten German Bombers” at the Germany game next week

Get the family down to Windsor it’s great craic, nothing offensive here anymore 

Do try to keep up! For that one has pretty much dropped off the Playlist since a few years now and hasn't been missed by the majority of GAWA who were never much enamoured with it in the first place.

Which you'd know if you knew anything about it - maybe you're the one who should get down to the National Stadium, as it's now known.

Meanwhile, having crossed paths with Germany quite a bit in recent years, I can assure you we all get on very well indeed:

Or you could try reading some of the comments here:

Still, why bother with facts and evidence, when you can wallow in ignorance and prejudice, eh?

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2021 at 7:22pm
It was all the rage a few years ago at the euros, who said it was still sang? Probably will be again at some point.

Great fun for all the family, why would anyone in the north not support us or want to play for us?
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2021 at 7:51pm
seem to remember a clip doing the rounds of our oireland morons singing it alongside them, absolute tools on both sides no?
No Pasaran!
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2021 at 4:14pm

It was all the rage a few years ago at the euros

You might be confusing it with the Will Grigg song.

... who said it was still sang?
So why bring it up (esp in the context of a game we're not even playing in)?

Probably will be again at some point.
Thank you Nostradamus.

Great fun for all the family, why would anyone in the north not support us or want to play for us?
Have you ever been at an NI home game? I'm willing to bet the answer is "No", at least within recent memory, yet still you talk like an expert.

Meanwhile here eg is a sample from 2017 of what 'Gspain' has attested to frequently on this forum:

"As I've said on a few threads I do go to any home games at Windsor that don't clash with ours and will be going up again on Thursday. 
I'm sure I will again enjoy a game with a fabulous noisy passionate atmosphere."

On the basis that you must have seen similar accounts by him, it is clear that it is not just rank ignorance which motivates you to post such drivel, but petty prejudice.

Congratulations.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2021 at 4:28pm
f**kin nordies and their petty domestic squabbles.....
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2021 at 4:54pm
Ten German bombers is frequently sang by NI fans around Shaftesbury Square on game day, have heard it myself a couple of times, good on them keeping it out of the stadium if that is the case Sleepy

Edited by BrendanD88 - 26 Jun 2021 at 4:55pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2021 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Ten German bombers is frequently sang by NI fans around Shaftesbury Square on game day, have heard it myself a couple of times, good on them keeping it out of the stadium if that is the case Sleepy
Indeed.

Iirc, the last time they tried it inside, it was drowned out, then fizzled out before they got as far as six or seven.

Our Dutch visitors weren't noticeably offended.

Edited by Territorial - 26 Jun 2021 at 5:14pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2021 at 7:38pm
Plenty of videos on YouTube of it being sung at the euros in 2016
No I’m not mistaking it with the Will Grigg song 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2021 at 7:56pm

Plenty of videos on YouTube of it being sung at the euros in 2016
No I’m not mistaking it with the Will Grigg song 
So you drag up something from five years ago, in the context of an England v Germany game which hasn't even been played yet?

If that's the best you can do to keep your bitterness alive, then we must be getting somewhere.

P.S. I'm sure I could unearth YouTube coverage of a few ROI fans behaving badly some time in the past, but I'm not that pathetically desperate to have a go at "Themmuns"
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2021 at 8:06pm
Easy bites 
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2021 at 8:20pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

I'm not that pathetically desperate to have a go at "Themmuns"
Why are you on Ybig then?
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Martiponti View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martiponti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2021 at 8:24pm
Probably only got as far as 6 or 7 because they couldn't count to ten

Edited by Martiponti - 26 Jun 2021 at 8:27pm
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2021 at 9:03pm
I have been to games at Windsor Park, or the 'National Stadium' as it is now officially known to the fury of Linfield fans, countless times over the years. I stopped going to NI games years ago due to the rancid sectarian bigotry and hatred directed at players from nationalist areas. Totally insufferable. To be fair, that was during the war years and things have improved immeasurably in peacetime, mainly due to the efforts of a few key individuals. I still go to Irish League games there and there remains an ugly revanchist element,hardcore Linfield/ Rangers loyalist Neds mainly, who are beyond educating and still make their abusive presence heard, especially when Cliftonville are playing them.
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2021 at 9:25pm

It was all the rage a few years ago at the euros

You might be confusing it with the Will Grigg song.

... who said it was still sang?
So why bring it up (esp in the context of a game we're not even playing in)?

Probably will be again at some point.
Thank you Nostradamus.

Have you ever been at an NI home game? I'm willing to bet the answer is "No", at least within recent memory, yet still you talk like an expert.

Meanwhile here eg is a sample from 2017 of what 'Gspain' has attested to frequently on this forum:

"As I've said on a few threads I do go to any home games at Windsor that don't clash with ours and will be going up again on Thursday. 
I'm sure I will again enjoy a game with a fabulous noisy passionate atmosphere."

On the basis that you must have seen similar accounts by him, it is clear that it is not just rank ignorance which motivates you to post such drivel, but petty prejudice.

Congratulations.
As representative samples go. Gspain would be classed as an outlier!
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2021 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

Congratulations.
As representative samples go. Gspain would be classed as an outlier!

Yep, an "outlier" in the sense that he actually knows what he's talkiing about. LOL

Next.

Edited by Territorial - 26 Jun 2021 at 10:17pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2021 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by Martiponti Martiponti wrote:

Probably only got as far as 6 or 7 because they couldn't count to ten
Er, it starts at 10 and works its way down.LOL

Next.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 311312313314315 369>
  Share Topic