You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We’re not Brasil we’re Tuaisceart Éireann

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 310311312313314 369>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 7:10pm
LOL at Northern Ireland accusing us of "using" and "manipulating" kids from Northern Ireland and discarding them when we don't need them, then bringing on a 17-year-old child in the 86th minute of a game they're winning 3-0 against Malta.

Nothing but a blatant enticement to someone because of their religious background.

Creepy stuff.
Sponsored Links

Floreat Ultonia View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Floreat Ultonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2021 at 2:28pm
Pointless sub in largely pointless friendly # creepiness

Is he an altar boy or what?
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2021 at 3:27pm
Can't blame them , we did something similar with Obafemi not so long ago. Not for sectarian reasons, as he was born in Dublin, but because he was also eligible to play for other countries. Many would be of the view that we should have been doing a lot more of it as the likes of Wales have, with mainly English born players, and lament the fact that Rice and Grealish were not tied down when there was a chance of doing that. Nor would I knock young Bradley, who can always switch later, for taking the opportunity to up his profile.

Edited by Green Cockade - 05 Jun 2021 at 3:29pm
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2021 at 6:28pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

LOL at Northern Ireland accusing us of "using" and "manipulating" kids from Northern Ireland and discarding them when we don't need them, then bringing on a 17-year-old child in the 86th minute of a game they're winning 3-0 against Malta.

Nothing but a blatant enticement to someone because of their religious background.

Creepy stuff.

Yeah, that Orange bigot Jim Magilton has been "grooming" him for years now:

Bradley was handed his senior international debut on May 30, 2021, when he came off the bench to replace Stuart Dallas in a friendly win over Malta as part of Ian Baraclough's 'fast-tracking' scheme. He had previously only played for Northern Ireland up to Under 17 level but captained Northern Ireland U16s to Victory Shield success in 2018. Before leaving for Liverpool, he was training three times a week with the Club NI set-up, which, as the IFA's former Elite Performance Director Jim Magilton has explained, helped prepare him for life as a pro. "We've exposed the guys to these unbelievable opportunities in which they're playing against the top kids and top teams in Europe," he said. "They've all had experiences of the levels that are needed. We have to be hard on them because the best will always rise and that's what we've found."
https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/liverpool/who-is-conor-bradley-all-you-need-to-know-about-liverpool-star-named-in-the-northern-ireland-squad-39407660.html

And no doubt they held a gun to Bradley's head to force him to say this after the game:

Liverpool youngster Conor Bradley says earning his first Northern Ireland cap in Sunday's 3-0 friendly win over Malta was an "unbelievable moment".

"It was unreal, just whenever the gaffer [Ian Baraclough] came over to me and said 'you are getting on', I had goosebumps," said the Tyrone teenager.

Bradley added that it was a "proud moment for me and my family".

"The boys have been fantastic with me, they have really brought me into the group and not made me feel out by myself," added Bradley

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57328348

Meanwhile:

[Bradley] was one of two Anfield teenagers to be elevated to the senior panel for this month’s training camp alongside 19-year-old goalkeeper and clubmate Liam Hughes.

Twice-capped Manchester United midfielder Ethan Galbraith, who recently turned 20, and 19-year-old Chelsea defender Sam McClelland are also part of this week's get-together

Add in Leeds United’s Alfie McCalmont (21), Arsenal’s Daniel Ballard (21) and highly-rated St Johnstone midfielder Ali McCann (21) and there’s plenty of youthful promise in the ranks.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/news/ian-baraclough-liverpools-conor-bradley-part-of-a-bright-new-crop-of-potential-future-northern-ireland-stars/ar-AAKDYDf

So there you have it, seven young players who are being fast-tracked in friendlies when half our senior squad was missing, in a process which has been operating since that other Orange bastard Michael O'Neill was in charge.

Never mind that three of those players were born in GB and of the four NI-born, two are from a Unionist background and two from a Nationalist one.

Oh no, from a position of supreme ignorance, Horsesh*t Houlihan seizes on one individual as "proof" of a conspiracy of his own imagination, designed to reinforce his own prejudices over all matters Northern Ireland.

As the saying goes, "You couldn't make it up" - except he has!

P.S. Bradley's 5 minute cameo doesn't tie him, in fact not even close.

Edited by Territorial - 05 Jun 2021 at 6:29pm
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2021 at 9:07pm
McClelland and Galbraith were unused subs. McCalmont, Ballard and McCann have all got loads of first team experience this season and are, to a one, linked with clubs higher up the football pyramid. How on earth is their situation remotely similar to Bradley's? Sure ROI are capping players playing at a lower level than all of them!

Bradley's quotes are virtually the same as the ones from McClean that you keep posting on a triannual basis. Jack Grealish and Declan Rice were more effusive than that when they were playing for us!

I wouldn't even have a problem with NI capping Bradley in the 86th minute and leaving Paul Smyth on the bench, strange as it is, were it not for the transparent hypocrisy espoused by the likes of Jim Magilton in trying to coerce and pressure players from a Catholic background into not playing for ROI, while simultaneously tapping up players with the scantest connection to the North into playing for them [Jimmy Dunne, Michael O'Connor et cetera].

Players should be allowed to decide who they want to play for organically without people in executive positions politicising it. And that goes for Ampadu, McTominay, Sterling, Odubeko or Bradley.

Floreat's bizarre "altar boys" comment merely demonstrates why someone like Bradley might want to play for ROI for all kinds of reasons, not just sporting ones.

King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2021 at 9:11pm

McClelland and Galbraith were unused subs. McCalmont, Ballard and McCann have all got loads of first team experience this season and are, to a one, linked with clubs higher up the football pyramid. How on earth is their situation remotely similar to Bradley's? Sure ROI are capping players playing at a lower level than all of them!

Bradley's quotes are virtually the same as the ones from McClean that you keep posting on a triannual basis. Jack Grealish and Declan Rice were more effusive than that when they were playing for us!

I wouldn't even have a problem with NI capping Bradley in the 86th minute and leaving Paul Smyth on the bench, strange as it is, were it not for the transparent hypocrisy espoused by the likes of Jim Magilton in trying to coerce and pressure players from a Catholic background into not playing for ROI, while simultaneously tapping up players with the scantest connection to the North into playing for them [Jimmy Dunne, Michael O'Connor et cetera].

Players should be allowed to decide who they want to play for organically without people in executive positions politicising it. And that goes for Ampadu, McTominay, Sterling, Odubeko or Bradley.

Floreat's bizarre "altar boys" comment merely demonstrates why someone like Bradley might want to play for ROI for all kinds of reasons, not just sporting ones.

Nothing bizarre about floreat’s comments. The mask eventually slips.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2021 at 9:14pm
Apologies to King_Kenny. I need to brush up on my reading comprehension.

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 06 Jun 2021 at 9:25pm
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2021 at 9:15pm

Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

Nothing bizarre about floreat’s comments. The mask eventually slips.

You've been posting snide responses to my comments for ages, so my mask evidently slipped in your eyes some time ago.
Step away from the glass😂
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2021 at 9:17pm
Confused
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2021 at 9:20pm

Confused
He wasn’t having a pop at you ffsLOL
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2021 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Confused
He wasn’t having a pop at you ffsLOL

I'm just after reading it again. I've had a complete and utter nightmare there.
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2021 at 1:17am

You really don't have a clue - not that stops you from your conspiracy theorising.

McCalmont and Galbraith both made their debuts as subs in a friendly against Luxembourg in 2019. This was before either had played a single senior club game. Ballard got his NI debut against Romania the next year, despite having previously played just 3 minutes of senior football as a sub on loan to Swindon  Town in League Two the month before. All were teenagers. And while McCann may be playing in the SPL, Ballard has been playing League One this season (Blackpool) and McCalmont League Two (Oldham), the highest either has played to date.

While this time around, teenager Sam McClelland may have been an unused sub against Malta, but he made his NI debut against Ukraine five days after Bradley. He too has yet to play a senior game for Chelsea or anyone else, though it is notable that while he has been playing for Chelsea's U18's this season, Bradley has been playing for Liverpool's U-23's.

Meanwhile, another Liverpool teenager from a Nationalist background, Liam Hughes remained unused in both games - where was his "blatant enticement", then?

I wouldn't even have a problem with NI capping Bradley in the 86th minute and leaving Paul Smyth on the bench, strange as it is...
Bradley is listed by Liverpool as a "midfielder", who has mostly played RB for them. Paul Smyth is a striker. (Smyth is also a Catholic, not that that makes any difference.)

... were it not for the transparent hypocrisy espoused by the likes of Jim Magilton in trying to coerce and pressure players from a Catholic background into not playing for ROI,
"Transparent hypocrisy"? "Coercion"? "Pressure"?

Bradley was part of the IFA's "Club NI" programme well before he went over to Liverpool, playing for our U-16's and U-17's. He was one of a number of Club NI youngsters who are/were weekly boarders at a school in Belfast, which allows them to train under IFA Coaches three times during the week, before returning to play for their clubs at the weekend. They also get to attend training camps during the holidays and play development matches both in NI and overseas. Amd as part of their wider education, they also get advice on becoming a professional footballer and living away from home etc.

This is all part of a highly professional and well-resourced programme to identify the best young talent in NI as early as possible, give them the best possible coaching and prepare them for going across the water. Thereafter those who make the quickest progress like Bradley and McClelland, get fast-tracked through the under-age international teams, right up to senior level, where the best get invited to train with the senior team and even get a few minutes action, should they appear ready for it.

All this has been operating since Michael O'Neiill was in charge and Baraclough was his U-21 manager, with the religion of the students not coming into it.

Then again, I'm sure you didn't know any of that, instead you saw a Catholic name representing NI and immediately jumped to a conclusion which suited your own clearly prejudiced mindset.

Edited by Territorial - 07 Jun 2021 at 1:23am
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Floreat Ultonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2021 at 7:57pm
@Hotlips- ever since joining this forum, and long before that, I've not been that interested in which primary schools NI footballers attended. And i've ready to gently ridicule said Catholic education almost from the day I joined it aged 4 1/2. Nothing bizarre nor masked to see, really
Martiponti View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martiponti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2021 at 6:48am
"And I've ready to".....??????
They clearly didn't teach you the difference  between the past and present tense.

500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Floreat Ultonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2021 at 7:03pm
No, they were too busy showing us how to avoid witless trolls on the internet, and that snides about typos are SO infra dig Smile
Martiponti View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martiponti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2021 at 7:36pm
They didn't teach you, or maybe you just couldn't learn, how to avoid this witless one. 
But I still would have enough wit not to be an Uncle Tom like you. 

Edited by Martiponti - 08 Jun 2021 at 7:37pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2021 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

You really don't have a clue - not that stops you from your conspiracy theorising.

McCalmont and Galbraith both made their debuts as subs in a friendly against Luxembourg in 2019. This was before either had played a single senior club game. Ballard got his NI debut against Romania the next year, despite having previously played just 3 minutes of senior football as a sub on loan to Swindon  Town in League Two the month before. All were teenagers. And while McCann may be playing in the SPL, Ballard has been playing League One this season (Blackpool) and McCalmont League Two (Oldham), the highest either has played to date.

While this time around, teenager Sam McClelland may have been an unused sub against Malta, but he made his NI debut against Ukraine five days after Bradley. He too has yet to play a senior game for Chelsea or anyone else, though it is notable that while he has been playing for Chelsea's U18's this season, Bradley has been playing for Liverpool's U-23's.

Meanwhile, another Liverpool teenager from a Nationalist background, Liam Hughes remained unused in both games - where was his "blatant enticement", then?

I wouldn't even have a problem with NI capping Bradley in the 86th minute and leaving Paul Smyth on the bench, strange as it is...
Bradley is listed by Liverpool as a "midfielder", who has mostly played RB for them. Paul Smyth is a striker. (Smyth is also a Catholic, not that that makes any difference.)

... were it not for the transparent hypocrisy espoused by the likes of Jim Magilton in trying to coerce and pressure players from a Catholic background into not playing for ROI,
"Transparent hypocrisy"? "Coercion"? "Pressure"?

Bradley was part of the IFA's "Club NI" programme well before he went over to Liverpool, playing for our U-16's and U-17's. He was one of a number of Club NI youngsters who are/were weekly boarders at a school in Belfast, which allows them to train under IFA Coaches three times during the week, before returning to play for their clubs at the weekend. They also get to attend training camps during the holidays and play development matches both in NI and overseas. Amd as part of their wider education, they also get advice on becoming a professional footballer and living away from home etc.

This is all part of a highly professional and well-resourced programme to identify the best young talent in NI as early as possible, give them the best possible coaching and prepare them for going across the water. Thereafter those who make the quickest progress like Bradley and McClelland, get fast-tracked through the under-age international teams, right up to senior level, where the best get invited to train with the senior team and even get a few minutes action, should they appear ready for it.

All this has been operating since Michael O'Neiill was in charge and Baraclough was his U-21 manager, with the religion of the students not coming into it.

Then again, I'm sure you didn't know any of that, instead you saw a Catholic name representing NI and immediately jumped to a conclusion which suited your own clearly prejudiced mindset.

None of McCalmont, Ballard or McCann were born in Northern Ireland, and all are/were eligible for other countries, so you're not really disproving my point there.

Liam Hughes is a goalkeeper. International teams generally don't make a practice of using one of their allotted substitutions on a goalkeeper.

You're being pernickety about Bradley's position yet you label Smyth as a "striker". They both can play a wide position, and Smyth has played more of a midfield position than that of an out-and-out forward in recent times.

You keep bleating on about these NI programs that NI based players who may identify as Irish participate in as if participating in them because that's the part of the country they happen to have been born in makes them a slave to the IFA. They're under no obligation to remain with NI no matter what inducements are given to them.

Mipo Odubeko and Armstrong Okoflex, to name but a few, were brought up through the Irish schoolboy system and benefited from our coaching and investment. I'm not going to go on an England forum at 1AM on a bank holiday weekend to moan about them wanting to follow Jack Grealish and Declan Rice's footsteps in playing for England after taking places in previous squads from boys who only had the one option.

Pretty sure Bradley isn't an Irish surname BTW. And I only brought up Smyth because he covers a similar position.

I'd gladly welcome someone from a Protestant community playing for us (not that I give a crap either way); unfortunately, and I suspect you know this, the way elements of your support have acted towards Catholic players, and some of the stuff they've chanted about Catholics, leads me to believe they would not take kindly to a "betrayal" like that - so, unfortunately, that is realistically off the table.

Maybe, if you want to be as impartial as you think I should be, you should spend less time obsessing over James McClean's actions all the time and condemn some of Jordan Jones past sectarian tweets.

Since he, you know, actually plays for your lot.
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2021 at 3:42pm
Do the FAI have coaches on the ground in the 6? If so, why not?
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 310311312313314 369>
  Share Topic