You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We’re not Brasil we’re Tuaisceart Éireann

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 258259260261262 369>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2019 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Windsor Park to hold the 2021 European Super Cup final.

Surprised it meets the criteria.
Only holds 18k.
They held it in Tallinn two years ago, Real Madrid v Atletico. The stadium is listed as having a 14k capacity, the official attendance was just over 12k.

And for the first 14 years with a one-off final (as opposed to the previous 2-leg home and away final), it was held in Monaco, which currently has an 18k capacity, same as Belfast.

Tbh, nobody is much interested in hosting this "final" - the only other bidders besides NI were Finland, Belarus and Ukraine.

Edited by Territorial - 25 Sep 2019 at 2:49pm
Sponsored Links

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2019 at 2:54pm
It’s like the Community Shield. Sure it will be too big teams, but a non event in reality.
Martiponti View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martiponti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2019 at 10:54am
I see their talisman has retired.Some guy called McAuley.He also played for Glasgow Rangers.I'm surprised Mr Territorial hasn't been on to eulogies.  He's maybe busy doing a faeces on Latin rapper    Ad Eminem
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martiponti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2019 at 10:55am
Sorry     thesis, not faeces
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martiponti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2019 at 10:57am
Sorry   eulogize.Don't want to give him a chance of being a pedantic wiseguy
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2019 at 12:21pm
Gareth McAuley was a superb servant for Northern Ireland.  He will no doubt be mainly remembered for the goal v Ukraine in Lyon.  

Hi cross channel career was mainly at Leicester, Ipswich and West Brom.   He was a decent defender without ever setting the world alight.  He played quite a bit in the Irish League before going cross channel.  He also won the Irish cup with Coleraine. I don't think he won anything with Crusaders.

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2019 at 12:28pm
https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2012/feb/15/forgotten-story-17-november-1993?fbclid=IwAR12AaUT6L1DL-ow8SzdIhMybjtEcDkmUCE3yjroxNblMHjhdQllJberR5g

"If there was a ring of steel outside the ground, then there was a ring of ire inside it. This was a maelstrom of hate, the sort of night on which even the gangsters look over their shoulder. Officially at least, the Republic had no supporters in the ground. “I have never seen a more hostile atmosphere,” said Jack Charlton, “not even in Turkey.” Terry Phelan and Paul McGrath received monkey chants; Alan Kernaghan, who played for Northern Ireland at schoolboy level, was noisily called a “f**king Lundy”. And then there were the dogs, hundreds of them, or so it seemed, barking like they knew the apocalypse was coming. “The safest place to be,” said McLoughlin, “was on the pitch.”"

I've not heard about the monkey chants before.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2019 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2012/feb/15/forgotten-story-17-november-1993?fbclid=IwAR12AaUT6L1DL-ow8SzdIhMybjtEcDkmUCE3yjroxNblMHjhdQllJberR5g

"If there was a ring of steel outside the ground, then there was a ring of ire inside it. This was a maelstrom of hate, the sort of night on which even the gangsters look over their shoulder. Officially at least, the Republic had no supporters in the ground. “I have never seen a more hostile atmosphere,” said Jack Charlton, “not even in Turkey.” Terry Phelan and Paul McGrath received monkey chants; Alan Kernaghan, who played for Northern Ireland at schoolboy level, was noisily called a “f**king Lundy”. And then there were the dogs, hundreds of them, or so it seemed, barking like they knew the apocalypse was coming. “The safest place to be,” said McLoughlin, “was on the pitch.”"

I've not heard about the monkey chants before.

Really? Heard about them a good few times. McGrath talks about it in his book.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2019 at 12:32pm
I read his book and don't recall it.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2019 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by Martiponti Martiponti wrote:

I see their talisman has retired.Some guy called McAuley.He also played for Glasgow Rangers.I'm surprised Mr Territorial hasn't been on to eulogies.  He's maybe busy doing a faeces on Latin rapper    Ad Eminem

Sorry     thesis, not faeces

Sorry   eulogize.Don't want to give him a chance of being a pedantic wiseguy

Message to Canada:
You might need to rethink the legalisation of Cannabis, well the strong stuff at least... LOL

Edited by Territorial - 30 Sep 2019 at 12:58pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2019 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

Gareth McAuley was a superb servant for Northern Ireland.  He will no doubt be mainly remembered for the goal v Ukraine in Lyon. 

I'll say! Eighty caps and nine goals, despite not making his debut until he was 25.

Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

Hi cross channel career was mainly at Leicester, Ipswich and West Brom.   He was a decent defender without ever setting the world alight.  He played quite a bit in the Irish League before going cross channel.  He also won the Irish cup with Coleraine. I don't think he won anything with Crusaders.
Thing is, he didn't play f-t football until he moved to England when he was 24, and then it was with Lincoln City in the fourth tier.

Worked his way up through the divisions to finally make it to the Premier League in summer 2011 with WBA. But despite being 32 by this time, he went on to play over 200 PL games for them, picking up POTY awards along the way.

Absolute model professional. Thumbs Up

https://nifootball.blogspot.com/2007/06/gareth-mcauley.html

Edited by Territorial - 30 Sep 2019 at 12:59pm
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2019 at 5:48pm
Had a very good career. Didn't realise he was so late to full-time football.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martiponti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2019 at 6:32am
The Germans and Dutch won't believe their luck that now that McAuley has retired.     Message to Territorial: At least Canada can decide and do things for itself.We don't need anyone to decide anything for us.Nor do we have to be fed and kept in money by way of subsidy.I hear one of your flagship employers has bitten the dust     Wrightbust.Who'll feed those guys      God or England?£££££££
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2019 at 6:52am

The Germans and Dutch won't believe their luck that now that McAuley has retired.     Message to Territorial: At least Canada can decide and do things for itself.We don't need anyone to decide anything for us.Nor do we have to be fed and kept in money by way of subsidy.I hear one of your flagship employers has bitten the dust     Wrightbust.Who'll feed those guys      God or England?�£�£�£�£�£�£�£

Jesus wept are you on some sort black ops mission against Ireland fans ? Clown 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2019 at 11:30am
LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2019 at 1:33pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

The Germans and Dutch won't believe their luck that now that McAuley has retired.     Message to Territorial: At least Canada can decide and do things for itself.We don't need anyone to decide anything for us.Nor do we have to be fed and kept in money by way of subsidy.I hear one of your flagship employers has bitten the dust     Wrightbust.Who'll feed those guys      God or England?�£�£�£�£�£�£�£

Message to Agent Martiponti: "Your cover has been blown, "Operation False Fleg" had been compromised, return to base immediately for new instructions. Over and out."

Edited by Territorial - 01 Oct 2019 at 1:37pm
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martiponti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2019 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Message to Agent Martiponti: "Your cover has been blown, "Operation False Fleg" had been compromised, return to base immediately for new instructions. Over and out."
     Hearing you loud and clear, Agent Orange
inlikeflynn View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inlikeflynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 11:07am
A pal was telling me that the IFA put out a tweet, claiming to be a Whatsapp exchange between Michael O'Neill, Roy Carroll and Warren Feeney.

They have done it without the consent of Carroll or Feeney and both of them are now threatening legal action against the association.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 258259260261262 369>
  Share Topic