You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We’re not Brasil we’re Tuaisceart Éireann

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 207208209210211 369>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reildogg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2018 at 9:24am
Could these dzopes be put in the same bracket as those who shout "IRA" during the fields of athenry?
Sponsored Links

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2018 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by Floreat Ultonia Floreat Ultonia wrote:

Football fan caught swearing on camera- big deal

Yep, thats exactly what the issue is here, bad language at a football match Confused

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 26 Mar 2018 at 1:05pm
Floreat Ultonia View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Floreat Ultonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2018 at 1:41pm
Reildogg- aye it's basically the same thing. Gormless but harmless (unless you're unlucky to be sitting next to them). Not that I want to lapse into whataboutery, of course...

Baggio- I did mention the real issue twice- ie your (plural) determination to be outraged. Put simply, Loyalist Spides exist and watch football. I'm pleased that they're less seen than before, you are that some obsessive will always be able to screengrab the Sky footage. There's something for everyone
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2018 at 1:49pm
You went off on a silly whataboutery tangent bringing Mary McAleese into it for some reason and playing down the sectarian chanting, with comments such as "big deal". 

500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Floreat Ultonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2018 at 2:00pm
As I said Signor I've little time for either whataboutery or exaggerated outrage. Pope's lovelife was in a gag by another poster. Lighten up. You've only 2 months until the next NI games- although as they're in Central America not sure if any UDA brigadiers will show
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2018 at 2:03pm
OK, glad you cleared up what on earth Mary McAleese had to do with an audible chanting of a sectarian slogan at a ground that we keep hearing (from the likes of Frank Mitchell) has changed and is a great day out for all ages, religions and creeds these days. Sure why wouldn't catholics support the north, they cry. 

500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Floreat Ultonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2018 at 2:24pm
I cleared it up before you arrived. I'd rather not repeat everything but if people just ignore posts it's inevitable I suppose..

Like FM I've been watching NI since the 70s and the atmosphere as I said is much better than then or much of the time since.

Unlike him, I don't need to reduce almost every issue to Prod v Taig to seek ratings. We both know why Nationalist fans in NI tend not to support us, but for whatever reason you choose to have a dig more than welcome them to your own side. As I said, it's obsessive.

BTW I started school with the Ursuine Sisters back in the day. So a Catholic before most on here were twinkles ;) 
inlikeflynn View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inlikeflynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2018 at 3:49pm

As I said Signor I've little time for either whataboutery or exaggerated outrage. Pope's lovelife was in a gag by another poster. Lighten up. You've only 2 months until the next NI games- although as they're in Central America not sure if any UDA brigadiers will show

I wonder if, given the time zone differences, anyone will sit up to see if they can make out any knackers expressing any anti-Catholic sentiments. 

I guess they will record it anyway so that they can video it and put the two second clip on twitter.

I am not going to bother watching it, hopefully Roberto will be able to keep me informed. I shouldn't want to miss some degenerate, whose opinion on anything else I would disregard, altering the words of an Easy Listening 70s classic. Whether it's a Neil Diamond, Cliff Richard or Rod Stewart, we need to know!

People like Roberto make being an Irish football fan a lot less fun.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2018 at 3:55pm
LOL
Lads, in the last 10 years I could count the number of NI games that I have watched on the one hand. The chances of me watching a friendly of theirs in America in the summer are zero. So you can knock it off with that "joke".

I simply saw a video on social media on Saturday evening of a group of NI fans at Windsor singing a sectarian song and decided to post it up on here. Thought it was quite relevant given the amount of publicity recently Michael O'Neill's comments that the FAI are trying to poach young catholic players only from the north have had, with broadcasters like Frank Mitchell in shock and horror that any catholic from the north wouldn't be down at Windsor supporting the boys.

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 26 Mar 2018 at 3:58pm
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2018 at 3:56pm

It's a bit of a non story. Every following has a few dopes. Having said that, if someone was trying to upset me by shouting anti Papist/Catholic church obscenities then they might need to revise their line of abuse as I could not care less. In fact, I might find myself in agreement 
El Puto Amo
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2018 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

It's a bit of a non story. Every following has a few dopes. Having said that, if someone was trying to upset me by shouting anti Papist/Catholic church obscenities then they might need to revise their line of abuse as I could not care less. In fact, I might find myself in agreement 

It was a bit of a non story weekend on the football front to be fair.

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 26 Mar 2018 at 4:02pm
Reildogg View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reildogg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2018 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Was just about to say! In 2018, there will be large contingents north and south of the border screaming f**k the pope, particularly in August.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2018 at 5:33pm

Reildogg- aye it's basically the same thing. Gormless but harmless (unless you're unlucky to be sitting next to them). Not that I want to lapse into whataboutery, of course...

Baggio- I did mention the real issue twice- ie your (plural) determination to be outraged. Put simply, Loyalist Spides exist and watch football. I'm pleased that they're less seen than before, you are that some obsessive will always be able to screengrab the Sky footage. There's something for everyone

Off tangent but was in town watching the rugby on paddys day and TFOA began ringing out around Toners. Cue the "IRA" & "Sinn Fein" parts being sung by some of the people in the pub. Found the moronic irony of D4 heads cheering on their All-Ireland rugby team but including those lyrics.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Floreat Ultonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2018 at 8:07pm
The 2016 census suggests Pronsias & co are still pretty popular

The last NI games in Latin America attracted 9 fans to Antarctic Chile, a few more to Montevideo
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2018 at 8:23pm

The 2016 census suggests Pronsias & co are still pretty popular

The last NI games in Latin America attracted 9 fans to Antarctic Chile, a few more to Montevideo
Antarctic Chile? I didn't think research stations had stadia capable of holding a friendly!
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2018 at 9:30pm
The sectarian issue just isn't as black and white as people think.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Floreat Ultonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2018 at 9:30pm
No- there were plenty of local nuns in the crowd ;)

My knowledge of Pacific geography is a bit limited- turns out the game was quite far North, not near Tierra del Fuego as I remembered.

Just seen the closing stages of our u21 drawing 0-0 with Iceland on the BBC. No details on sectarian chants- it was in Coleraine so they were all using Ulster Scots or summat from Game of Thrones
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2018 at 10:07pm
Tierra del Fuego is approximately a thousand miles from Antarctica. To put it in context, Belfast is closer to the Arctic than the southernmost point of Chile is to the Antarctic.
Anyway, back to catholic penguins...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 207208209210211 369>
  Share Topic