You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We’re not Brasil we’re Tuaisceart Éireann

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 190191192193194 369>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 8:28pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-43158949
Better link?

Anyhow, I know him! Decent, likeable fella, never misses an NI game, home or away.

And while I can't condone fraud - esp on the scale it seems to have been on - I think his lawyer's plea in mitigation had a degree of merit:

... the complainant, having bought the top for £27, "must have known it wasn't going to be the genuine article".

I mean, if he really wasn't happy, why not just ask for his money back ("or I'll go to the papers etc")?

I know him as well.  decent fellow.  Not condoning what he did but feel sorry for him.
Sponsored Links

zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 8:20am
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by Irish2011 Irish2011 wrote:

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by Irish2011 Irish2011 wrote:

Paul Smith on the verge of switching to Ireland. Be a fair swap for scannell.

Link or is it just sh*te talk?
big article on today's star.

So even worse than sh*te talk!?

Any link for this because it's nowhere online which makes me think it's sh*te
From the 'Eligible Players' thread in the ROI section:

<t></t><t></t><table width="99%" style="color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-size: 12px; : rgb251, 251, 253;"><t><tr><td ="bbquote"="" style="width: 1034.8px;">

<t></t><t></t><table width="99%"><t><tr><td ="bbquote"="" style="width: 1015.69px;">Originally posted by Irish2011 Irish2011 wrote:

"More talk about Paul Smith. A regular at Irish games,has to be a runner."</td></tr></t></table><t></t><table width="99%" style="font-size: 12px;"><t><tr><td ="bbquote"="" style="width: 1034.8px;">Originally posted by NIGreenWall NIGreenWall wrote:</td></tr></t></table>
"Not happening, he is only interested in playing for Northern Ireland and that info comes directly from his girlfriends father."
</td></tr></t></table><span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">
</span>

Speculation based on nothing, as I thought
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 9:57am
A far bigger robbery is the price of the legitimate gear and nobody is doing anything about that!
Floreat Ultonia View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Floreat Ultonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 12:38pm
I follow the Land League's example...
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 12:51pm
I don't actually have a problem with the price of replica kits. The manufacturers pay huge amounts to clubs or Associations, so have to get their money back somehow. 

The licensing money goes directly to the clubs/Associations, rather than going out of the game, which indirectly "subsidises" ticket prices.

As for fans, whilst I'd like to see kiddies' kit prices reduced, any adult who complains about having to pay eg £60 for the latest shirt the day it comes out maybe needs to take a look at himself.

Edited by Territorial - 23 Feb 2018 at 12:52pm
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 2:17pm
Money that goes to clubs doesn't subsidise ticket prices, so don't kid yourself.

It goes on a variety of things: Rolexs for Mino Raiola, pink wheels for Stephen Ireland's Range Rover, life sized portraits for Brendan Rodgers and divorce settlements for Roman Abramovich.

Supporters attending games will continue to be gouged just as far as owners think they can gouge.
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Money that goes to clubs doesn't subsidise ticket prices, so don't kid yourself.
So if a club's income was reduced by, say, 10%, you don't think they wouldn't raise admission prices accordingly? (What I meant by 'indirectly').

Or maybe the players would downgrade their Bentley to a Roller?

Either way, none of the players or other hangers-on will ever get rich from my replica shirt purchases - "Alli Baba Loyal", that's me!

P.S. This debate was prompted by international jerseys, where the Associations' income generally gets pumped back into the game (once the CEO has got his big fat salary, or the President his 1st Class airfares, at any rate).

Edited by Territorial - 23 Feb 2018 at 5:57pm
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 9:48pm
Linfield 0 Glenavon 2.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2018 at 12:12pm

Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2018 at 12:13pm
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2018 at 12:43pm
I can imagine not too many protestants from the north would want to play for EIRE.  That's why they aren't asked.   Hardly sectarian. Catholics are more likely to nationalist and have aspirations of playing for their country. It's political not sectarian.   Does he want the FAI to ask protestants now?    I think Alan Kernaghan was protestant.  I have no idea how he ended up playing for us.  Probably ambitions of playing the in the world cup.

EDIT:  Kernaghan was born in England but the North wouldn't select him.

Brought up in Bangor, Northern Ireland, he played for Northern Ireland Schoolboys six times. However, as the Irish Football Association policy at the time did not select players who were not or whose parents were not born in Northern Ireland, he wasn't selected for the senior team.[4][5] Due to his grandmother being an Irish citizen he was entitled to Irish citizenship, and he was selected by Jack Charlton to play for the Republic of Ireland. Kernaghan earned 22 caps,[2] scored one goal and was selected for the 1994 FIFA World Cup.

Edited by Trap junior - 04 Mar 2018 at 12:47pm
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2018 at 12:52pm
[QUOTE=Trap junior]I can imagine not too many protestants from the north would want to play for EIRE.  That's why they aren't asked.   Hardly sectarian. Catholics are more likely to nationalist and have aspirations of playing for their country. It's political not sectarian.   Does he want the FAI to ask protestants now?    I think Alan Kernaghan was protestant.  I have no idea how he ended up playing for us.  Probably ambitions of playing the in the world cup.

Good point and well made Trappy.
Clap
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2018 at 12:59pm
That article is 2 years old.

It's a fairly embarrassing article. Sounds like O'Neill is sulking. He's quick enough to pick our players too.

Edited by horsebox - 04 Mar 2018 at 12:59pm
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2018 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

It's a fairly embarrassing article. Sounds like O'Neill is sulking. He's quick enough to pick our players too.
Throwing around people's assumed religious beliefs is pretty embarrassing stuff alright.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2018 at 1:31pm

It's not 2 years old, HB. It's brand new by Phillip Quinn and dated 4/3/2018 on the full extra.ie page. 

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2018 at 1:33pm
Originally posted by TonyNotJack TonyNotJack wrote:

It's not 2 years old, HB. It's brand new by Phillip Quinn and dated 4/3/2018 on the full extra.ie page. 

<div ="td-pb-row" style="-sizing: border-; margin-right: -24px; margin-left: -24px;">

Top left hand corner says 3 years old.

If he's talking about bringing Paul Smyth to the Euro's that was 2016.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2018 at 1:34pm
Young NI underage player Sammy Clive Watt from the Short Strand to be asked to declare for Republic.  His father was in the ORange Order and his uncle was in the UVF but John Delaney remains hopeful he can be persuaded to play for EIRE
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2018 at 1:36pm

Originally posted by TonyNotJack TonyNotJack wrote:

<div ="td-pb-row" style="-sizing: border-; margin-right: -24px; margin-left: -24px;">

Top left hand corner says 3 years old.

If he's talking about bringing Paul Smyth to the Euro's that was 2016.

3 hours ago, not 3 years.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 190191192193194 369>
  Share Topic