FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We’re not Brasil we’re Tuaisceart Éireann

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 369>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
longford claret View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longford claret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2024 at 4:43pm
Former Burnley,  Aston villa,  Southampton and Northern Ireland centre half, Chris Nicholl,  passed away today, aged 77.
Sponsored Links

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2024 at 6:23pm
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2024 at 8:39am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

The more I see of Conor Bradley the angrier I get at the FAI dropping in the ball. There is no way he should be playing for the north over us given his background 

I didn’t think international football is  compulsory 

They had him in their senior squad before he turned 18 and before he even kicked a ball in a senior game of football at any level. That's very difficult to turn down in those circumstances and that age, so I don't hold it against him personally for accepting. I do think he might come to regret it however.

My bigger beef here is with the FAI. Their non-activity in the North is infuriating. They are more active in trying to recruit English born players in academics across the water than they are Irishmen playing in Ireland. They must have some unofficial agreement with the IFA because it's baffling that they don't have a presence in Derry and Belfast.

Bradley seemingly was already in the North's senior squad before he belatedly came across the radar of anyone in the FAI. Even then Jim Crowford said they tried to reach out to him via a 'third party'. A third party??? FFS that's criminal. Why didn't Crawford or Kenny pick up the phone and ring him directly. As I said, infuriating 

What kind of presence are they supposed to have in another FIFA recognised jurisdiction? I'm in fundamental agreement with your sentiment btw but there's a lot of assumption and conjecture in your post. 

There needs to be a pathway for players from the North to get into the Irish system earlier. More scouting, couches on the ground etc. I think physical centres of excellence would be a good idea (not just for the north btw, but throughout the island - if the GAA and Rugby are already doing why aren't we. That's a whole other argument).

The FIFA jurisdiction thing you've referenced is a red herring. The FAI are already actively scouting in other countries (namely England). There a team from North already in the national league which is under the FAI jurisdiction etc etc

That's the point though. I don't see that happening as the IFA would explode over it and it might be a problem when it comes to planning permission. LOL

Not much the IFA could do if, hypothetically, the FAI were to co fund a 'Derry City FC Centre of excellence' and use it as their own base. Won't happen of course but still, that should be the aim 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2024 at 10:43pm

The more I see of Conor Bradley the angrier I get at the FAI dropping in the ball. There is no way he should be playing for the north over us given his background 

They had him in their senior squad before he turned 18 and before he even kicked a ball in a senior game of football at any level. That's very difficult to turn down in those circumstances and that age, so I don't hold it against him personally for accepting. I do think he might come to regret it however.

My bigger beef here is with the FAI. Their non-activity in the North is infuriating. They are more active in trying to recruit English born players in academics across the water than they are Irishmen playing in Ireland. They must have some unofficial agreement with the IFA because it's baffling that they don't have a presence in Derry and Belfast.

Bradley seemingly was already in the North's senior squad before he belatedly came across the radar of anyone in the FAI. Even then Jim Crowford said they tried to reach out to him via a 'third party'. A third party??? FFS that's criminal. Why didn't Crawford or Kenny pick up the phone and ring him directly. As I said, infuriating 

What kind of presence are they supposed to have in another FIFA recognised jurisdiction? I'm in fundamental agreement with your sentiment btw but there's a lot of assumption and conjecture in your post. 

There needs to be a pathway for players from the North to get into the Irish system earlier. More scouting, couches on the ground etc. I think physical centres of excellence would be a good idea (not just for the north btw, but throughout the island - if the GAA and Rugby are already doing why aren't we. That's a whole other argument).

The FIFA jurisdiction thing you've referenced is a red herring. The FAI are already actively scouting in other countries (namely England). There a team from North already in the national league which is under the FAI jurisdiction etc etc

That's the point though. I don't see that happening as the IFA would explode over it and it might be a problem when it comes to planning permission. LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2024 at 10:32pm

Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2024 at 9:59pm

Last time I checked the FAI headquarters are still in abbotstown and then do accept incoming calls 

I don’t get the  â€˜ if only the FAI had of done xyz we could have had …

If they are content ( and as I said no body is forcing them to play. ) to play for NI then so be it , it’s their choice - it’s not my flag it’s not my anthem 

'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2024 at 9:56pm

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2024 at 9:46pm

Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2024 at 9:43pm
Clap

I know the default on here many times is to blame the FAI or previous managers  but like Declan Rice he made his own choices. 

If he's happy to be referred to as a 'northern Irishman' a made up nationality then let him off and represent that statelet crowd up the road. 

Clap
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2024 at 9:16pm

I know the default on here many times is to blame the FAI or previous managers  but like Declan Rice he made his own choices. 

If he's happy to be referred to as a 'northern Irishman' a made up nationality then let him off and represent that statelet crowd up the road. 
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2024 at 8:15pm
Yeah he looks very good. 
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2024 at 3:26pm

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2024 at 3:09pm
Terzino View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terzino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2023 at 8:59pm
Just to clarify.

My comment was about Alan McDonald. He definitely said in a documentary (although I can't quote him, I'm just going off memory) that he was happy that we got a scare but glad we qualified.

Jock View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2023 at 3:17pm
https://ulster.gaa.ie/2023/11/ulster-gaa-statement-on-casement-park-project/

They might not have to worry about attending the Euros at Casement. 
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2023 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Really?

After paid British state agents walked into the Rising Sun bar and sprayed the joint with automatic fire killing 9 and injuring 19 and OWC glorifying this event on the terraces whilst being egged on by Bingham.

The Greysteel chanting almost certainly comes from the Marie Jones play.  She watched the game at home.  It is still a major issue with their fans.

I watched the game from the lower North Stand.  I certainly didn't hear any "Trick or Treat" or anything re Greysteel.  There was certainly plenty of "Fenian b^&***" and "up to our knees..."  from a section of their fans.  Hard to believe it is over 30 years ago.  

I've said on here before I do think it was way overblown in the media.  I'm not trying to downplay the sectarianism and Alan Kernaghan in particular got terrible abuse.  I lost it when we scored and certainly had an "Oh Sh1t" moment but nothing untoward was said or done to me.  It was obvious where I was from and that I had a radio.  I ended up in my seat at the final whistle listening to the last 2 minutes from Seville giving 15-20 of their fans updates.  At the final whistle they just walked off a couple said good luck and the worst thing ssaid was "jammy bast..."   My friends were about 20 yards away at the exit watching it having not be outed.  I think very few of their fans wanted us to qualify.  

We tried to get the game moved which went down very badly.  Also the "one team in Ireland" chant at 3-0 six months earlier didn't get taken well.  In fairness I wasn't enjoying it after Jimmy Quinn's goal either when it was belted out.  

Obviously a totally different atmosphere there now.  They actually did play out of their skins v Italy two years ago and cost them a place at the World Cup.  
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2023 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by Terzino Terzino wrote:

I think that was in a documentary. They were happy to give us a scare but were glad we qualified.

It was something along those lines.

I would say the vast majority were not happy to see us qualify. Some of the players maybe. 

Alan McDonald was a class act by all accounts but I'm not so sure Tommy Wright the goalie especially was delighted we qualified. LOL

As for that horrible coont Bingham and his disgraceful comments on our players, delighted he was sickened at his retirement party. The most sweetest way we could've possibly qualified at Windsor and all. Clap
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2023 at 2:42pm
Really?

After paid British state agents walked into the Rising Sun bar and sprayed the joint with automatic fire killing 9 and injuring 19 and OWC glorifying this event on the terraces whilst being egged on by Bingham.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 369>
  Share Topic