You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wedding venues in Ireland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 11:40pm
Harvey's Point or Solis just outside Donegal TownThumbs Up
greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 12:19am
Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

Cheers gents

Anyone been to one in the Osprey?

no.but the gm and banqueting manager are friends of mine if you want an intro
I know nothing :-)
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 12:21am
Originally posted by greenforever greenforever wrote:

Cheers gents

Interesting Big smile
Already met with a wedding coordinator there last week. Looks a cracking spot
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 12:22am
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

A mate of mine had the reception in the Landmark Hotel, Carrick-On-Shannon. It's an excellent venue.

My dad was from Leitrim. It's very much on the agenda, will see what the packages are like

Edited by The GerK - 19 Jun 2013 at 12:22am
SligoLad_95 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SligoLad_95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 2:33am
I think markree castle is a great one for a wedding my cousin married there last year.
It's well worth checking out, plenty of rooms to rent too

www.markreecastle.ie/
Sligo Hornet View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Runner Up, Branson lookalike 2003

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 7:22am

Originally posted by greenforever greenforever wrote:

Cheers gents

Interesting Big smile
Already met with a wedding coordinator there last week. Looks a cracking spot

Gerk, if you go with greenforever's assistance you do realise that you will need to budget for an additional 73 seats......himself and his 72 Superfans
Wallet ?? What the fcuk is that ?
El_nino View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Santa Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote El_nino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 7:43am

A mate of mine had the reception in the Landmark Hotel, Carrick-On-Shannon. It's an excellent venue.

My dad was from Leitrim. It's very much on the agenda, will see what the packages are like

Landmark is a good shout if having it in Leitrim in an option. Been to loads of weddings in it, very good venue. Actually home this weekend for a wedding in it.
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 8:15am
Castle durrow is the biz but you won't see much change from fifty grand. In Dublin, summer hill house is grand. Finnstown is lovely, again in the hefty bracket
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 8:25am
Speaker Connolly?
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 8:42am
Kilshane House in Tipp is lovely too. Private estate so ya have the run of the place yourself. Accomodation for bout 150 on site, lovely grounds for photos/boozin, and nice function room too.
elroy45 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elroy45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 9:33am
Originally posted by ShayGivensBum ShayGivensBum wrote:

Knightsbrook co Meath
Brookelodge co Wicklow
Farnham estate co Cavan
Durrow castle co Laois

Osprey is fab but never at a wedding there.

This lady knows her stuff but all of the above would not be on the cheaper side.  But then again you get what you pay for etc.

Alot depends on what area you are looking at obviously?

Biggest advice from the point of view of a good night is make sure the bar is in the function room.  Places like Carton House for example have the bar outside the function room - DISASTER.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 9:38am

If you're looking at Leitrim , check out Kilronan Castle. Its county Roscommon but is right on the Leitrim border.Its 20 mminutes from carrick on shannon about ten minutes from Drumshabo.
Steve Amsterdam View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 9:41am
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

Originally posted by Steve Amsterdam Steve Amsterdam wrote:

The Waterside House in Donabate. Right on the beach with views of Howth and Lambay island. Got married there last year and can highly recommend it!

They do very good packages in the waterside at great value too. Been to 2 weddings there !

Food was great indeed, and what sealed it for us was the fact that it's a small enough hotel with a large function room and a great location. We easily fit about 140 in for the meal and another good few for the afters. 
Just North of Dublin so easy access for all the family etc, and they're open to negotiating on prices for just about anything. Especially if you have the numbers.

They only have about 30 odd hotelrooms in the place so we booked it out and had the whole place to ourselves. Nothing worse for a bride than to have another bride having her special day in the same place,

Anyway, I'm sure yiz will pick a great one to suit your respective tastes and wishes, but most important thing is to not be afraid to haggle for rates. The advantage is with couples these days instead of the venues like it was in the past.

Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 9:55am

So you are not a proper Dub

Edited by Baldrick - 19 Jun 2013 at 9:57am
AKA pedantic kunt
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 10:31am

A bit far away from Dublin but an oustanding hotel is Dunmore House Hotel near Clonakilty. It's one of the best venues in the country for a wedding reception:

Great views of the Atlantic  Thumbs Up
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
MariborKev View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MariborKev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 10:33am
Ballymagarvey House, Meath.

Some spot.
cm79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Cawhil cattle caaaaal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cm79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 11:25am
The Armada Hotel in Spanish Point
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 11:54am
Originally posted by cm79 cm79 wrote:

The Armada Hotel in Spanish Point

Went to School beside there. Stunning scenery. Was a kip of a spot years ago but they did a big job on it and it is stunning now. You will not get a better location in my view.  What a spot. 
AKA pedantic kunt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
  Share Topic