You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wedding Venue

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2015 at 10:18am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Do you not go there every month

LOLDead

BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2015 at 10:18am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Do you not go there every month
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
ShayGivensBum View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

The lighter coloured grass is painted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShayGivensBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2015 at 12:56pm
ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShayGivensBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2015 at 12:57pm
BSM I saw photos of the wedding you were at a few weeks ago. Think I caught a glimpse of you in one Heart
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 1:53am
Originally posted by ShayGivensBum ShayGivensBum wrote:

My next holiday is going to be in Lake Bled. Heard its amazing Heart

Went there interrailing a couple of years ago, couldn't recommend it enough.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
spook09 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spook09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 8:13am
Unreal SGB. You won't be disappointed, Wedding we went to was on the island in the middle of the lake, one of the nicest places I've ever been Clap
I have been blessed with many things in this life – an arm like a damn rocket, a c*ck like a burmese python, and the mind of a f*cking scientist.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShayGivensBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 8:17am
Originally posted by spook09 spook09 wrote:

Unreal SGB. You won't be disappointed, Wedding we went to was on the island in the middle of the lake, one of the nicest places I've ever been Clap

Heart

Ive heard great things. Where did you fly to?
spook09 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spook09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 8:31am
We flew in Salzburg in Austria, then it took us about 2 1/2 hours to Bled.. I really can't speak more highly of it, if you do eventually go, throw it up here and i'll try give you a little more info Smile
I have been blessed with many things in this life – an arm like a damn rocket, a c*ck like a burmese python, and the mind of a f*cking scientist.
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 8:34am
Ljubljana is the nearest airport . No direct flights there as far as I remember unless you do a package deal .... Crystal holidays are your man for a package to Bled / Bohinj ...
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShayGivensBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 8:56am
Thanks lads. Would it be freezing there around New Years?
spook09 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spook09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 9:02am
Crystal holidays is who i went as far as i know Thumbs Up we went wedding package holiday.
Yeah it gets pretty cool at winter, slopes are used for sjkiing, summer its used for tobogganing, its some laugh
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 12:29pm
SGB the nearest airport is Ljubljana which is about an hour away from bled and then lake bled is a short taxi journey from the train station. I'm not sure what accessibility would be like around the place in winter as someone said its a ski resort in winter, not sure if that would be a potential issue. Beautiful place though. If you're not dead set on NYE, they have a local festival there around 17th July (I think) where there's a 15 minute firework display and then a floating candle display all over the lake, it's brilliant to look at.

Edited by The Huntacha - 31 Jul 2015 at 12:32pm
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 1:54pm
Was in lake bled before gorgeous spot. If was summer time and I was inter railing around europe at the time. Skirts were high and tops were low.

Off to Ljubljana next Thursday for a few days looking forward to to it.
AKA pedantic kunt
green.dragon View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote green.dragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 7:06pm
Looking to hear from those who got married abroad or attended one. Good locations etc or any other tips or ideas? I know with Covid it wont be this year but maybe the tail end of summer 2022. 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 7:41pm
Moved your post here GD, some decent locations mentioned.

Edited by Sham157 - 07 Apr 2021 at 7:43pm
green.dragon View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote green.dragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 8:06pm
Thanks Sham 157. I tried to find the thread but thanks anyway. 
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2021 at 4:09pm
Was due to have a wedding reception in October last year and of course Covid put a stop to it.
However from 2021 the venue was becoming vat registered, she said she would keep the same rate for us but we'd have to pay the vat.

Plans changed for us a few months ago and told her we'd have to push it back the next year instead and she told us that she couldn't keep the same rate and would have to be 2022 rates, which is double what we have originally agreed. Things have changed again and we probably could have it this year but you still never know with covid and the amount of people you're allow have. 
Ok I get that places have been closed and have to make the money back, but double the price!
Any one else getting shafted who's has to change their plans?

My brother who is in a wedding band said they're keeping all their existing bookings at the same rate but an extra 100 or 200 for new bookings and not double the cost.

The dark side.. And the light
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2021 at 5:12pm
fookin hell Daz that is taking the piss. you have to wonder is it worth the hassle at the moment. postponed my own wedding twice now and hesitant to make any more decisions until this fookin thing is well and truly under control. 

herself is talking about getting the deed done at a registry office and then throw a garden party once we know we can host an event for a sizable number of guests. 
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic