You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wedding Bands

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2020 at 1:41pm

The Hitmen Trio were our wedding band. We picked them because they had a repertoire of indie hits which suited us. Most of the setlist was comprised of The Happy Monday’s, The Stone Roses, Oasis, Blur, The Smiths, The Jam, The Strokes etc. They did a very good job in fairness. 

We walked into the hotel reception to “I wanna be adored”. 
The DJ had a handy night afterwards as I picked all the tracks. 

El Puto Amo
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2020 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

We settled on who's eddie who are always great for getting people up on the dance floor and play songs we like and they are very reasonable priced compared to what some of me mates/family have spent on fairly generic 5 piece bands
Absolute sh*te, fat kunts.

I would veto a wedding if they were on the bill.

They played at our xmas party. I say played but I'm pretty sure it was just a backing track they were playing while pretending to perform!!
They used to play in my local 25years ago LOL didn’t think they were still on the go
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2020 at 2:31pm
They use to play in Charlies and the Concorde in the early 90's too.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2020 at 3:09pm

Our wedding this time next year. Reseaching and getting recommendations I saw about 5 bands I really liked but all unavailable sadly. Want something more rocky/alternative. Anyone have any suggestions. Such a balls can't go see any bands
We got Mixtape. Picked our own setlist from this list

SUPERWESLEYHOOLAHAN View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SUPERWESLEYHOOLAHAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2020 at 3:18pm
The Luna Boys are good, they play in most bars around town and habe played at Electric Picnic etc. Damien Duffs brother is the lead singer too
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2020 at 3:41pm
Surprised nobody has mentioned the fact that this thread was dragged up for the 1st time in a year by someone posting for the 1st time. Trawling the internet for people dissing DJ's of all things
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2020 at 5:04pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

We settled on who's eddie who are always great for getting people up on the dance floor and play songs we like and they are very reasonable priced compared to what some of me mates/family have spent on fairly generic 5 piece bands

They played at our xmas party. I say played but I'm pretty sure it was just a backing track they were playing while pretending to perform!!
They used to play in my local 25years ago LOL didn’t think they were still on the go

They play the Old Mill on a regular basis.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2020 at 8:30pm
Originally posted by Yiksheemash Yiksheemash wrote:

Our wedding this time next year. Reseaching and getting recommendations I saw about 5 bands I really liked but all unavailable sadly. Want something more rocky/alternative. Anyone have any suggestions. Such a balls can't go see any bands

whatever you do don't get a f**king Trad band. Cousins had them for 3 of their weddings and it was pure sh*te. i think the best weddings have 2 bands (one instead of DJ). Keeps things going. i used a band called Suzie Q. Habbo the drummer if he was around in the 70's or 80's would be on par with Brian Downey.

Not a hope in hell I will! More looking forward to the next day's music as we have a lot of mates who are talented musicians and are in bands so should be a bit of craic
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2020 at 11:04pm

Originally posted by KING-CON KING-CON wrote:

Not sure if these are still going but we had them 5 years ago and they were great. 

wearethejamtarts.com

Thanks. That's exactly the sort of setlist we'd be going for. From looking back might also bookmark the Seducers. Website looks good anyway

I know the lead singer. Mad **** and a great band. They will look after ya
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2020 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

They play the Old Mill on a regular basis.
I remember being a kid and being able to hear them playing upstairs in the boozer from my bedroom about 10 houses up the road. 
Was their not some scandal years ago about the lead singer running off with the money 
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2020 at 10:47pm
If things return back to normal it will be a busy year for wedding bands next year. Virtually every wedding scheduled for this year that was cancelled is on next year now. 
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2020 at 10:05am
Supposed to be going to a wedding on 4th of July and of course it's cancelled. Everyone that has had their wedding cancelled has had first preference, so now it's pushed back to September next year.

I'm supposed to be getting married in New York in September,still don't know if we'll get over. It's just the 2 of us but we have a back up here in case.
Having a party at the start of October for family and friends but it's a private house that we've booked so it should be alright. 
We organise the food and drink ourselves and it seems like they all want it to still go ahead.

Edited by darmack - 30 May 2020 at 10:05am
The dark side.. And the light
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2020 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

Supposed to be going to a wedding on 4th of July and of course it's cancelled. Everyone that has had their wedding cancelled has had first preference, so now it's pushed back to September next year.

I'm supposed to be getting married in New York in September,still don't know if we'll get over. It's just the 2 of us but we have a back up here in case.
Having a party at the start of October for family and friends but it's a private house that we've booked so it should be alright. 
We organise the food and drink ourselves and it seems like they all want it to still go ahead.
Still going for plan B of bag of cangs and cartons of wine in Marley Park for your stag?
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2020 at 1:23pm

Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

Still going for plan B of bag of cangs and cartons of wine in Marley Park for your stag?

Nah if I decide to slum it I'll go to Bushy Park instead
The dark side.. And the light
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2020 at 2:51pm
Booked the Jam Tarts, thanks for the recommendations everyone! All the bands I was coming across sounded exactly the same but some of the ones up here were right up are street!
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2024 at 11:41pm
Getting married in 2026 and have been booking as much as possible early to lock in prices etc give us an idea of what need to have put away etc

We sorting band at the minute and couldn't believe sone of the prices we were getting back some upwards of 4500+ from what we hearing price has risen dramatically post covid on everything wedding related 
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2024 at 12:33am
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Getting married in 2026 and have been booking as much as possible early to lock in prices etc give us an idea of what need to have put away etc

We sorting band at the minute and couldn't believe sone of the prices we were getting back some upwards of 4500+ from what we hearing price has risen dramatically post covid on everything wedding related 

Just looking at my spreadsheet our band cost 2300. I think it was in the mid range. That was 2018 so nearly double in 6 years. 

Altogether excluding the honeymoon mine was 26k. That included a quite expensive venue on a Friday night (ballymagarvey) 
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2024 at 12:54am

Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Just looking at my spreadsheet our band cost 2300. I think it was in the mid range. That was 2018 so nearly double in 6 years. 

Altogether excluding the honeymoon mine was 26k. That included a quite expensive venue on a Friday night (ballymagarvey) 

Band we settled on are €3250 for band and dj which we didn't mind paying. Have went for the manor house hotel outside Enniskillen which would be 1 of the more fancy places around here and looking like it's going to set us back close to 40k  not including honeymoon( the euro to sterling rate is crippling me atm be great for the arse to fall out of the sterling next 2 years)
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
  Share Topic