You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wedding Bands

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 10:11am
Seamus Moore would do the job for me!

Edited by Trigboy 10 - 11 Jan 2018 at 10:11am
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 10:19am
Originally posted by Trigboy 10 Trigboy 10 wrote:

Seamus Moore would do the job for me!
Fluthered on the moon. Clap
CSCD View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CSCD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 2:21pm
Where'd my thread go? LOL
There were some great suggestions in it.Ouch
nefarelo View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nefarelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2019 at 4:18pm
If you're interested in hiring an irish band, check these - they slapped at our event  Big smile Seriously speaking, very professional and intelligent guys who love what they do; enjoyed their sound a lot.

Edited by nefarelo - 27 Jun 2019 at 3:48pm
Jukebox View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jukebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2020 at 12:59pm
Lads a lot of bitching about the DJ after the Band. 
But the DJ usually has a suggested list of songs from the Bride and Groom. 
In some instances I have had a list of music that would cover 10 hours to be played in 1-5 to 2 hours. 
What do you think is wrong with the mix of songs or what do you think makes DJ rubbish in your opinions.
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2020 at 8:19pm
suppose you’ll have a mix who expect the usual type of wedding songs. I thought I could name some but when I started to actually think of it I could only think of 2, summer of 69 and 500 miles. 
And then others who want more current songs. 
By the time the DJ is on you’re probably well on by that stage anyway. 

As for wedding bands that’s my brothers profession and they’re fecked at the moment. Even when pubs reopen there won’t be any music and weddings cancelled all the way to October. 
A friend of his is a manager of a hotel and even then they don’t want music at weddings. Basically want people to have scaled back numbers, eat their dinner and then go home. 
The dark side.. And the light
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2020 at 8:28pm
The request of, playing of and dancing to of  'Summer of '69' should lead to many happy occasions: all of them funerals for those involved.
cullenswood View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cullenswood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2020 at 9:54pm
I banned our wedding DJ from playing 500 miles.   I despise the song and I think it might also be the root of my hate for the Scottish accent.
SUPERWESLEYHOOLAHAN View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SUPERWESLEYHOOLAHAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2020 at 10:49pm
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

suppose you’ll have a mix who expect the usual type of wedding songs. I thought I could name some but when I started to actually think of it I could only think of 2, summer of 69 and 500 miles. 
And then others who want more current songs. 
By the time the DJ is on you’re probably well on by that stage anyway. 

As for wedding bands that’s my brothers profession and they’re fecked at the moment. Even when pubs reopen there won’t be any music and weddings cancelled all the way to October. 
A friend of his is a manager of a hotel and even then they don’t want music at weddings. Basically want people to have scaled back numbers, eat their dinner and then go home. 

Its not that the hotels that don't want it its the government. 
Hotels will be pushing to have weddings as normal asap but likely won't be allowed, we've been able to serve alcohol to the frontline workers we have staying on days off etc and even then trying to get people to respect social distancing/ keep apart is almost impossible to enforce, can't see how small pubs could ever enforce it when they are going to have half the staff they had before 

As a hotel manager and also getting married this year can see it from both sides. Starting to think its not worth the wait until August to see how it goes and just postpone a year
Yiksheemash View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

I don't have a penis.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yiksheemash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2020 at 9:07am
i banned the band and DJ at my wedding from playing Ed Shernan, the Beatles and other f**king muck. First 3 songs were from INXS, Thin Lizzy and Frank and the Walters  Clap
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2020 at 11:22am
Our wedding this time next year. Reseaching and getting recommendations I saw about 5 bands I really liked but all unavailable sadly. Want something more rocky/alternative. Anyone have any suggestions. Such a balls can't go see any bands
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2020 at 11:35am
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Our wedding this time next year. Reseaching and getting recommendations I saw about 5 bands I really liked but all unavailable sadly. Want something more rocky/alternative. Anyone have any suggestions. Such a balls can't go see any bands
I was supposed to be going to a wedding a few weeks ago and the band playing featured members of The Horrors and Telegram. Would have been more interesting than covers of 'Whiskey in the Jar' and '500 Miles'!
KING-CON View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KING-CON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2020 at 11:44am
Not sure if these are still going but we had them 5 years ago and they were great. 

wearethejamtarts.com

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2020 at 11:52am
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

We settled on who's eddie who are always great for getting people up on the dance floor and play songs we like and they are very reasonable priced compared to what some of me mates/family have spent on fairly generic 5 piece bands
Absolute sh*te, fat kunts.

I would veto a wedding if they were on the bill.

They played at our xmas party. I say played but I'm pretty sure it was just a backing track they were playing while pretending to perform!!
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2020 at 11:56am
Originally posted by KING-CON KING-CON wrote:

Not sure if these are still going but we had them 5 years ago and they were great. 

wearethejamtarts.com

Thanks. That's exactly the sort of setlist we'd be going for. From looking back might also bookmark the Seducers. Website looks good anyway
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2020 at 12:36pm

wearethejamtarts.com

Still on the go, been around here a long time, good band who cover a huge diversity of songs, pretty much play anything ya want. Huge amount of them in the extended band, it isn't always the same 4 or 5 members turn up at gigs but Ashley (singer) and Rowan (keyboard) would usually be in whatever version turns up.  Do a fantastic rock version cover of (of all things) Cyndi Lauper's 'Time after Time' too !

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Yiksheemash View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

I don't have a penis.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yiksheemash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2020 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

whatever you do don't get a f**king Trad band. Cousins had them for 3 of their weddings and it was pure sh*te. i think the best weddings have 2 bands (one instead of DJ). Keeps things going. i used a band called Suzie Q. Habbo the drummer if he was around in the 70's or 80's would be on par with Brian Downey.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2020 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

wearethejamtarts.com

Still on the go, been around here a long time, good band who cover a huge diversity of songs, pretty much play anything ya want. Huge amount of them in the extended band, it isn't always the same 4 or 5 members turn up at gigs but Ashley (singer) and Rowan (keyboard) would usually be in whatever version turns up.  Do a fantastic rock version cover of (of all things) Cyndi Lauper's 'Time after Time' too !

A wonderful song. 'Everything but the Girl's' cover is fantastic. Tracy Thorn has an amazing voice.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
  Share Topic