You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wedding Bands

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

The lighter coloured grass is painted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShayGivensBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2013 at 4:26pm
Fook the old fogies and go for a young band. If I was getting married id be getting Smash Hits. all the 90's dance music etc - deadly!!
deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2013 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by MarkDev MarkDev wrote:

Have a band called Free Beer playing at mine in October..very good

TOP CLASS
used see these guys 3/4 nights a week while in college sound aul skins too often play in hotel i work in for wedding well worth it
they are sound out too 
MarkDev View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarkDev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2013 at 9:29pm
Ya they are good alright...have seen them loads of time...what hotel you working in?
Limerick your a Lady!
GreenTribe View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Please Count, can I be a Mod?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenTribe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2013 at 10:36pm
Men actually give in and go along to listen to loads of bands and church music?
Suckers. Sounds like torture. Do yis get forced to go to wedding fairs too? Nightmare.
I am serious. And don't call me Shirley.
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2013 at 9:15am
Booked Spring Break for mine Cool

80's hits all the way
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2013 at 11:53am
Originally posted by MarkDev MarkDev wrote:

Ya they are good alright...have seen them loads of time...what hotel you working in?

Devon hotel out in templeglantine
Gashley Grimes View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gashley Grimes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2013 at 2:20pm
My friend plays in a wedding band called SuperFly they are very good check out their Facebook page they do a mean version of Stevie Wonder's Superstition gets them out on the floor.
fochie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fochie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2013 at 7:28pm
Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

Any band that does not play Rock The Boat have no place on a wedding stage
LOL
shoggy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shoggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2013 at 10:15pm
Anyone recommend any daycent wedding bands around Louth/Armagh/Down area?  Was going to book Sugar Town Road but they're already booked Angry
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else!
Hoosay View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoosay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2013 at 10:24pm
Electric Avenue from Drogheda. 
Saw them at a wedding a couple of years ago and they were excellent.

They're pretty pricey though, I was quoted €2200 when I enquired for my own wedding, at least I think that's pricey, didn't go with them in the end.

shoggy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shoggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2013 at 10:35pm
Was having a look on their website earlier, they look excellent but a bit pricey alrite for a 2 hour set
Mick_G View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mick_G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 8:40pm
Had the panoramics at mine.quality band if ya like the stones,doors,Beatles all that kinda stuff

Mrs says to yer man "so do ya play any West life or anything".yer man turns around says love if that's what your after were not for you.had the deposit in his hand before he could finish the sentence great band and floor was full all night
@mickgleeson82
shoggy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shoggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2013 at 3:32am
Originally posted by Hoosay Hoosay wrote:

Electric Avenue from Drogheda. 
Saw them at a wedding a couple of years ago and they were excellent.

They're pretty pricey though, I was quoted €2200 when I enquired for my own wedding, at least I think that's pricey, didn't go with them in the end.

Who'd you end up going with Hoosay?

Got talking Electric Avenue's manager Alan during the week, sound oul skin and he quoted me 2200 as well, I told him it was above our budget and he asked what our budget was, I told him 1500, he was willing to drop the price to 1800 but wouldn't go any lower..shows ya if you don't agree right away they will drop the price! Ended up booking the Nooks from Contae an Dúin, heard them a few times in the Bot in Belfast and Canal Dort in Newry..told herself I was away with the lads to listen to them tonight in Dundalk, ended up feckin steamin an never left the local so downloaded a video of them from youtube for her..jaysus I'll get some brownie points for this wan  Hug Shoogy 1 - 0 Herself Heart
Cotsy View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cotsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2015 at 8:05am
Anyone know what an average price would be for the band? Recently engaged and would love smash hits and just want to know how much above average they are.

Think I'd rather spend slightly less on a venue and more on band to make sure people have a good session.
Bohs Till I Die
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2015 at 8:51am
My mate had Smash hits at his wedding a few months ago. Class band. Spent the whole time dancing. Some class 90's tunes.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Cotsy View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cotsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2015 at 8:58am
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

My mate had Smash hits at his wedding a few months ago. Class band. Spent the whole time dancing. Some class 90's tunes.

If you know ballpark how much they were would you mind sending me a PM?
Bohs Till I Die
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2015 at 9:05am
I paid €2,300 which included the DJ set
Fitzinho View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitzinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2015 at 9:08am
Spring Break are far better than Smash Hits, think you can get them for similar coin
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
  Share Topic