You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wedding Bands

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoosay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2013 at 12:36pm
I've booked the Poor Boys for mine.
FiremanDan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FiremanDan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2013 at 2:59pm
[QUOTE=Funsize Crouchy]I've booked the wiseguys for mine.

Saw them at a few showcases and they were good. Different story with a few pints on board anyway.

Got a bit sick of going to watch bands before we picked one.[/QUOTE]

I feel your pain! Dead
Sean Og O Hailpin.... his father's from Fermanagh, his mother's from Fiji, neither a hurling stronghold."

Funsize Crouchy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Funsize Crouchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2013 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by FiremanDan FiremanDan wrote:

Saw them at a few showcases and they were good. Different story with a few pints on board anyway.

I feel your pain! Dead

We went to see a quartet for Church music last Saturday. I told her they were great and we should book them.

I'm not going around churches for the next few weeks listening to classical sh*te.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2013 at 4:09pm
I read the title and thought this thread was about the rings  Embarrassed
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Hoosay View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoosay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2013 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Don't get me started on the poxy rings...
Hoosay View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoosay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2013 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by Funsize Crouchy Funsize Crouchy wrote:

I feel your pain! Dead

We went to see a quartet for Church music last Saturday. I told her they were great and we should book them.

I'm not going around churches for the next few weeks listening to classical sh*te.

One of the few good things about getting married in another country to where you live (I'm getting married in Dublin, live in London) is that I don't have to go to 50 strangers' weddings to listen to the band or the church musicians.
My wedding band are mates of my brother, saw them do a gig in a pub, pretty good, let's book them.

The church musician is just a guitarist, we've just gone by what's on his website.

This business of checking out loads of different bands is ridiculous, if you like the first one you see, then you like the first one you see, no need to go see a load of others. If you don't like them, then check out another one, if the first lot are too expensive, check out another one, I don't understand why people would keep looking if they've found someone they like and who are in budget.

If women want to waste their time looking for clothes in 10 shops before buying the first thing they saw then that's their business, but no way should they be allowed to bring that sort of rubbish into other aspects of life.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2013 at 4:42pm

So did I. In fairness, it was an easy mistake to make.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2013 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by Hoosay Hoosay wrote:

I feel your pain! Dead

One of the few good things about getting married in another country to where you live (I'm getting married in Dublin, live in London) is that I don't have to go to 50 strangers' weddings to listen to the band or the church musicians.
My wedding band are mates of my brother, saw them do a gig in a pub, pretty good, let's book them.

The church musician is just a guitarist, we've just gone by what's on his website.

This business of checking out loads of different bands is ridiculous, if you like the first one you see, then you like the first one you see, no need to go see a load of others. If you don't like them, then check out another one, if the first lot are too expensive, check out another one, I don't understand why people would keep looking if they've found someone they like and who are in budget.

If women want to waste their time looking for clothes in 10 shops before buying the first thing they saw then that's their business, but no way should they be allowed to bring that sort of rubbish into other aspects of life.

God forbid you would be flexible or change even a little bit to accommodate the woman you are going to spend the rest of your life with....
The Saint View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Saint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2013 at 5:19pm

I feel your pain! Dead

your an expert at this stage, must have seen every wedding band in Dublin!
Can guarantee you'll be looking at music again this weekend Thumbs Up
FAIlure

Good shot, lovely ............ oh good jaysus
Hoosay View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoosay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2013 at 5:46pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

I feel your pain! Dead

God forbid you would be flexible or change even a little bit to accommodate the woman you are going to spend the rest of your life with....
My lawyer has advised me to clarify that I was referring to women in general not to any specific woman.

It is, of course, very important to accomodate people, particularly if you plan to spend the rest of your life with them. I am simply pointing out that it is inefficient to expend extra energy on searching for an item or a service when you have already found one that meets your criteria, whether that is a band, either of the musical or the precious metal variety, a pair of jeans or anything else.
If your criteria change after the search has begun that is different, but if not why continue searching once you have found what you are searching for?
Roll_It_There View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roll_It_There Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2013 at 5:58pm

+1
Twitter @roisin_ob
Funsize Crouchy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Funsize Crouchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2013 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by The Saint The Saint wrote:

I feel your pain! Dead

your an expert at this stage, must have seen every wedding band in Dublin!
Can guarantee you'll be looking at music again this weekend Thumbs Up

Not this weekend. All music is now booked.
Honey Monster View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Semi-Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honey Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2013 at 4:12am
Originally posted by The Count The Count wrote:

Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

Any band that does not play Rock The Boat have no place on a wedding stage

you book yours yet?

Sure at his rate he's already married with 4 hairy ginger bogey kids, did you not hear?!

The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2013 at 11:52pm
Bump
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2013 at 12:01am
Was at the cousins wedding there a couple of weeks ago and every concievable buffer wedding tune was belted out at it    . I think they play Sweet Caroline on a loop at Guantanamo Bay as its fcukin torture to listen,nevermind dance to it.
The cousin had good tunes on in the background during the meal but they have to cater for the elderly relatives I suppose.Its obligatory at any west of Ireland wedding to have at least two Neil Diamond tunes
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2013 at 11:38am
I foam at the mouth when Sweet Caroline starts up, fookin sh*ttest tune in history.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
MarkDev View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarkDev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2013 at 12:14pm
Have a band called Free Beer playing at mine in October..very good
Limerick your a Lady!
Hoosay View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoosay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2013 at 4:21pm

I've booked the Poor Boys for mine.
These guys were (and presumably still are) excellent by the way. They can DJ and sort out church music too.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
  Share Topic