You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We need to talk about China

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2017 at 1:36pm
Those rules aren't new, bar perhaps the u23 rule

Also, would make the price go up if they were new
Sponsored Links

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2017 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Those rules aren't new, bar perhaps the u23 rule

Also, would make the price go up if they were new

The 3 foreigners at the same time isn't new but the rest is !

Before it was 3 foreigners + 1 non Chinese/Asian and that's it.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2017 at 1:41pm
Not too sure as Shenhua, who I'd follow, had four non Asians last season but does sound right now you say it

Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2017 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

New squad rules which might stop the big spending a bit 

Only allowed 3 foreigners on the pitch at the same time
Only allowed 5 foreigners in the matchday squad
Must have 2 Chinese U23's in the squad, 1 of them must start.
I don't really see how this will curb it. Every team is still able to make 3 massive signings and I don't think there was ever any suggestion they were going to make first 11s of former European players.
It was all about my marquee player is better and cost more than your marquee player.
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2017 at 5:39pm
Originally posted by Bitored Bitored wrote:

Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

New squad rules which might stop the big spending a bit 

Only allowed 3 foreigners on the pitch at the same time
Only allowed 5 foreigners in the matchday squad
Must have 2 Chinese U23's in the squad, 1 of them must start.
I don't really see how this will curb it. Every team is still able to make 3 massive signings and I don't think there was ever any suggestion they were going to make first 11s of former European players.
It was all about my marquee player is better and cost more than your marquee player.

It's pretty easy to see how, it'll stagnate at first then slowly decrease with the new spending rules Nvidic pointed out, meanwhile the price of Chinese players will rocket.

It will curb the spending because the rules are focused on Chinese players, any half-decent U23 who comes along is going to get alot of attention and you can easily anticipate they'll expand the rules in future seasons to having to start more than 1 of them per game.
Pretty much every Chinese club has filled the 3 signings quota, you're not going to easily sell Oscar on a 400k a week contract if he's not using 1 of the 5 squad spots usefully, he's going to stay there and run it out.

nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2017 at 5:51pm
Afraid you're a bit off there, the 3+1 rule was there for years and spending kept going up as clubs discarded players they didn't need, just because they've filled their spots doesn't mean they won't look to improve on who they have. There is very good players in China who would never have played in Europe but know the Chinese league inside and out and excelled in it, Gio Moreno and Elkeson for example, who will likely now be let go

U23 Chinese players will be worth a fortune now, way over their actual worth

You may be right in one way though, if you previously had 100m to spend on your four foreigners, you now need that money for five foreign players and a good Chinese player, so the money is spread thinner
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2017 at 2:08pm
See Tevez lost his first game getting knocked out the AFC CL by Brisbane Roar

Cant wait for Gus Poyets excuse saying he wasnt backed properly again
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2017 at 6:25pm
Didn't even know that was on, brutal result, shenhua not started their league and Brisbane have but no excuse

Was actually there when they last played aussies in it, against Sydney FC
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2017 at 6:35pm
"Newcastle United midfielder Cheick Tiote has joined Chinese side Beijing Enterprises Group FC for an undisclosed fee."

"Who he?", I hear you ask.

"Who they?", I reply.

(They're both Second Division)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38899464

Edited by Territorial - 09 Feb 2017 at 6:35pm
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2017 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Didn't even know that was on, brutal result, shenhua not started their league and Brisbane have but no excuse

Was actually there when they last played aussies in it, against Sydney FC

Their 1st goal was actually superb LOL

Who would you drop from the 4 foreigners they have for the 3 foreigner limit? I'm guessing the Korean centre back would be the obvious choice but he opted to leave out Guarin !

Moreno I'm guessing is 1 of those players who just happens to know the league inside out?
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2017 at 7:32pm
Yeah, he's been there ages and old hand like that is badly needed, Elkeson as sipg would be the same

Don't know much about the south Korean but the Chinese defenders wouldn't exactly be great so I understand that call

They sold Ba as well
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2017 at 9:27am
I saw the highlights of that game - the defending was completely comical. The Aussies didn't need to do a whole lot for either of their goals.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2017 at 4:38pm
Chieck Tiote confirmed dead collapsing during training with Beijing Enterprises 
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2017 at 4:38pm
Jaysus

RIP

Edited by Denis Irwin - 05 Jun 2017 at 4:41pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
adineen98 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2017 at 4:42pm

Jesus there's a shock

Rest in peace Cheick
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2017 at 4:55pm
Jesus RIP
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2017 at 5:41am
RIP very sad.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 12:56pm
100% Tax rate imposed on foreign signings.

Wont completely end the big spending but the days of paying 40+ million for players in their 30s are gone.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
  Share Topic