Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We need to talk about China

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2016 at 3:43pm
A great bunch of lads Clap
Sponsored Links

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2016 at 11:03am
Christian Vieri is coming out of retirement to play in China

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2016 at 2:10pm
What a player!
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2016 at 2:02pm
Former Chelsea and Tottenham boss Andre Villas-Boas is set to earn a reported £11m a year after taking over Chinese Super League team Shanghai SIPG.

He replaces former England boss Sven-Goran Eriksson, who left the club on Thursday after two years in charge.

They obviously have too much money.

Anybody on here watch any of the China league?

bannerboy95 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bannerboy95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2016 at 2:07pm
Seen it on Sky recently no interest at all in it hopefully the league and brand fades away for the better of the game all round
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2016 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by bannerboy95 bannerboy95 wrote:

Seen it on Sky recently no interest at all in it hopefully the league and brand fades away for the better of the game all round

No chance at all. Don't think it'll ever stop until they get to host a World Cup.

HelloBarry View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HelloBarry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2016 at 4:44pm
The Chinese are trying to level with Arabs. Likely that they will bid for hosting after 2026 
Quit while you are ahead.
All the best gamblers do.

http://blog.sbobet.com/tips
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2016 at 4:13pm
Chelsea midfielder Oscar says he is "90% certain" to move to Chinese Super League club Shanghai SIPG in January.

The fee for the 25-year-old Brazilian midfielder would be around £60m. He joined the Blues from Internacional for £25m in 2012.

A move would reunite Oscar with former Chelsea manager Andre Villas-Boas, who is now in charge at Shanghai.

Thats serious money for him.

Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2016 at 2:21pm
Oscar look to be going to China for 52 Million sterling Shocked

That is outrageous money it makes him the 9th most expensive transfer
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2016 at 2:23pm
Forgot about him still being at Chelsea
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2016 at 2:33pm
Wonder if there's any Chinese clubs interested in Fellani. Might get a few quid for him then

Edited by Denis Irwin - 16 Dec 2016 at 2:33pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
bundy View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2016 at 10:46am
Have a mate living in Shanghai he said it's all to do with betting. The Chinese were punting millions on Premiership games for years but have now decided they want to buy their own clubs superstar players & win money backing their own teams. It's absolute madness what's going on out there with the money being thrown at players.

According to him, the Chinese mafia are behind a lot of these deals and often there could be anythint up to £10m on a game between rivals. They have so much money it's not even a thought for them. All about bragging rights & who can get they biggest name in.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2016 at 11:16am
Lived in Shanghai myself and went to shenhua and first I've heard of that, don't buy it tbh, the teams are all owned by huge companies, mostly government backed and can't see betting impacting their buys, they'd be in jail in seconds if found out

$10m bet in a city of 25m is nothing
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2016 at 3:42pm
I know why the Chinese are so eager to get big name players in, and to do that they have to pay them massive wages. These lads are no mugs and they have a domestic market bigger than Europe and America combined. 

So I get all that, but why are they paying the clubs well over the odds for players? If Juventus wanted to buy Oscar, would they be paying that fee? I'd have thought at most 30 odd.

Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2016 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

I know why the Chinese are so eager to get big name players in, and to do that they have to pay them massive wages. These lads are no mugs and they have a domestic market bigger than Europe and America combined. 

So I get all that, but why are they paying the clubs well over the odds for players? If Juventus wanted to buy Oscar, would they be paying that fee? I'd have thought at most 30 odd.

face can beat economics some times, mines bigger than yours and all that
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 6:49pm
Tevez on his way to China reports saying he'll be paid 650k a week
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2016 at 8:53am
Need to find myself a Chinese Super League team. Who are the Liverpool of the league? And more importantly, who hates them the most?
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2016 at 7:50pm
Oscar on £400K/week. 
Apparently Zlatan was offered £1m/week.

Seeing the Chinese league signed a £1bn 5 year TV deal. It could well be here to stay.

I`d personally revel in the day the arse fell out of the English League. As Didier Hamman said "they`ve been selling a Skoda as a Mercedes for a long time.
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
  Share Topic