You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We need to talk about China

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2016 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Lavezzi off out there now from PSG

£23.5 million despite less than 6 months left on his contract, crazy money.

Jelavic also gone over to a 2nd tier side.
Sponsored Links

nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2016 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by Doolz101 Doolz101 wrote:

My guess is most of the foreign players will get out of their contracts after months of not getting payed

Won't happen, no chance

Martins gone to shenhua, Cahill dropped
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2016 at 2:57pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Lavezzi off out there now from PSG

£23.5 million despite less than 6 months left on his contract, crazy money.

Jelavic also gone over to a 2nd tier side.

That's what his contract is worth. 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2016 at 2:46pm
Graziano Pelle becomes sixth best paid player in the world after China transfer

Pelle has signed a contract worth £260,000 per week, making him the highest paid Italian of all time, and moving into an elite list of players in terms of pay packet.

The only players ahead of Pelle in terms of their annual pay now are 

Cristiano Ronaldo,

Lionel Messi, 

Hulk, 

Neymar 

Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Its going to be real hard for players to say no to joining a chinese club. They have serious cash and willing to spend.

Edited by Zinedine Kilbane 110 - 12 Jul 2016 at 2:47pm

nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2016 at 3:05pm
Shandong buying their way out of relegation, money is worth it if he keeps them up, nevermind if he wins them the ACL
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2016 at 4:26pm
Is Dario Conca still up there on the highest paid players?
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2016 at 4:29pm
The arse will fall out of this surely. How can Chinese owners ever expect to see any return for their investments?
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2016 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Shandong buying their way out of relegation, money is worth it if he keeps them up, nevermind if he wins them the ACL

Is it?
What kind of prize/TV money is in the Chinese league?
Can they ever reasonably expect to make back what will amount to probably a £40m outlay by the time agents/underhand fees, wages and transfer fee are factored in.
What's the ACL worth? I would doubt it's a patch on the Champions League.

Edit: I was genuinely interested in this so I looked it up.
I couldn't find anything for the Chinese league prize money but I found the ACL prize money. Essentially every Europa league group stage participant gets better prize money than the winner of the ACL.

Edited by Bitored - 12 Jul 2016 at 4:44pm
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2016 at 4:42pm
It's ridiculous
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2016 at 4:45pm
Hope they come in with a silly bid for Rooney doubt United would turn it down
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2016 at 5:19pm
That's one angle BOR, would United say spending that money on a player a week is worth is if they win the CL? Of course they would, why should Shandong not think the same about THE ACL?

Also, in China they're as much buying political favours (they're all company teams more or less, winning and doing well could mean 9 figure construction contracts), regional prestige etc as they are anything, it's viewed completely differently, especially in nothing cities like Shandong

Conca still there alright

Edited by nvidic - 12 Jul 2016 at 5:20pm
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2016 at 5:21pm
Another f**king circus.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2016 at 5:25pm
You need to remember the population in China is greater than the population in EUROPE.

They are only beginning but it could be one hell of a super league in 20 years time so fan grabbing is still a high priority.

nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2016 at 9:12pm
Good point that, Shanghai were only ever a one club (Shenhua) city, they'd three last year and two this, the upstarts (sipg) are now the better team and will get lifelong fans off the back of it, Shenhua attendances are at an all time high, ticket prices gone up ten fold since I used to go, and that was only five years ago
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2016 at 11:59pm
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
OscarDelta View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OscarDelta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2016 at 5:26am
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

The arse will fall out of this surely. How can Chinese owners ever expect to see any return for their investments?

How can Man City, Chelsea, PSG owners ever see a return on their Investment ?????

Same scenario, same issue.

China has lots of money and needs to invest it.

Western Media decry Chinese infrastructure investments Africa claiming that China has imperialistic desires to enslave people.................. coming from European and US media its laughable.

When businesses can borrow from Govt with little or no return expected then it is not a surprise when some of it gets used in Sport.

IF UK Govt invested £1 per person in Football they would be giving it £62 million, If China did the same in China it would be £1 billion.................

If players grab the money can you blame them ?

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2016 at 10:26am
Sky have the broadcast rights for the league now.

Starting this Saturday showing Shanghai Shenua vs Jiangsu Suning
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2016 at 10:46am
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Sky have the broadcast rights for the league now.

Starting this Saturday showing Shanghai Shenua vs Jiangsu Suning

brilliant news, delighted with this

that's a derby as well, should be good
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
  Share Topic