Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Waterford FC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 52>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2017 at 1:44am
Originally posted by Bitored Bitored wrote:

Originally posted by deiseblue deiseblue wrote:

The unseemly rush to believe & laugh at this unverified story demonstrates small mindedness rather than any sense of humour.
For someone who professes that he hopes the Blues flourish given Mr. Power's investment then such comments are to say the least contradictory .

You`re trying to make out i have some sort of vendetta or grudge against Waterford and i can assure you i don`t. 

Any aggression or bitterness i`ve shown on this thread is purely based on my belief that the whole thing will end in tears as it has for Cork, Shelbourne, Shamrock, Galway et.al in the past.
I am sick of clubs thinking money men from abroad care a jot about them. He`s a venture capitalist with a penchant for accumulating everything from racehorses to lower league clubs in the hope of making a profit either through selling the clubs or selling players. Most likely Waterford will end up as Swindon`s B team.

Now "Mr Power" has arrived i genuinely hope the faith of the Waterford fan is well founded.

Exactly my view of it, this is a man who bought all sorts of businesses here in England, mostly through his hefty injury pay-off, promised employees the sun,moon and stars and they then  arrived to work to find it barricaded up and a fire sale going on. The lads over on the Swindon Town forum aren't impressed by him and whenever I have asked lads I know at Cambridge the responses usually contain several expletives and numerous uses of the term 'Cockney Pikey', which appears to be a heartfelt nickname for him.
Now there is the possibility that this is an opportunity that works well for everyone and I wish Waterford the best. I have always enjoyed my time in the town, if not necessarily the RSC and certainly not the Yellow House, but it would be great if another team from outside the Pale could become strong again, I just can't help but think the worst. 
I was also hopeful the story about your man doing a runner with the cash was true because it could only happen in the League of Ireland, part of what I love and hate about it all at once, and I would like to see Power, if not Waterford F.C., United or otherwise,being ripped off. 
Sponsored Links

Yellow Belly View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yellow Belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2017 at 1:41pm
What's the 1st team squad looking like for the season ahead. Your U17's last year were a very good footballing side 2 lads from Wexford have joined them this season be interesting to see how they get on.
get me out of hear
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2017 at 7:29pm
Every top youngster in Carlow/Kilkenny are being snapped up by Waterford (especically) and Wexford Youths to a lesser extent.

Interesting to see how they'll get on. 

"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Yellow Belly View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yellow Belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2017 at 4:26pm
Green Devil Every top youngster in Carlow/Kilkenny are being snapped up by Waterford (especically) and Wexford Youths to a lesser extent.

Interesting to see how they'll get on. 

Yea they are getting the best players from Wexford anyway, we will see if they can compete with Cork, Shamrock Rovers UCD etc
get me out of hear
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2017 at 4:54pm
surely that's the whole point of the underage leagues? I`d like to think every LOI club is in a position to "snap up" the best talent in their catchment area.
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
deise View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2017 at 9:08pm
I believe U17's were very impressive the other night when they beat local Junior club Hibs 3-2 in a friendly. I'm told some very good football played.
bla bla bla
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2017 at 11:22pm
Originally posted by Bitored Bitored wrote:

surely that's the whole point of the underage leagues? I`d like to think every LOI club is in a position to "snap up" the best talent in their catchment area.

Confused

Who said otherwise? All I said was both clubs seem to be cheery picking the best talent in the south-east something neither were doing much of before this year. 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
deiseblue View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deiseblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2017 at 10:20am
Rising speculation that Kenny Browne is coming home.
AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2017 at 10:33am

Rising speculation that Kenny Browne is coming home.

It's happening, there'll be a fee as he's in contract. Never trust a blah Ouch
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2017 at 3:37pm
Kenny Browne gone to Waterford. Supposedly a decent fee involved.
I think with McDaid from Cliftonville and now Browne Waterford have moved into Limerick territory.
Very difficult to see them not cantering to the title.
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
deiseblue View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deiseblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2017 at 4:07pm
Brilliant signing for the Blues & huge loss for Cork.

Little wonder Caulfield s furious.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2017 at 5:30pm
*asterisk
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2017 at 5:46pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

*asterisk

GAME OVER?
deiseblue View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deiseblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2017 at 5:48pm
Jesus lads , have I missed something - has another Cork club gone ?
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2017 at 6:10pm

Jesus lads , have I missed something - has another Cork club gone ?

Don't worry Cobh are going strong still as Munsters number 3. I do hope we draw ye in a cup for the craic.
deiseblue View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deiseblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2017 at 6:25pm
That's reassuring, I'd hate to think that Cork had lost another club , it must be be nearly 10 gone now - it's so hard to keep up !
Cobh went for a period as well - it's spreading to the county !

Edited by deiseblue - 18 Feb 2017 at 6:29pm
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2017 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by AnCearrbhach AnCearrbhach wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

*asterisk

GAME OVER?

deiseblue View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deiseblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2017 at 10:09pm
Waterford sign winger Derek Daly from Chesterfield , 2 loanees in from Swindon - both of whom have played for the first team this season.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 52>
  Share Topic