You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Waterford FC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3738394041 52>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2019 at 6:32am
Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

There was a strong rumour last year that John Caulfield was going to sign him but the board blocked the transfer under pressure from shareholders.

One of the benefits of fan ownership should be that we'd never make signings like this. Heads would have rolled. The manner in which he was snuck in at Bohs was so dodgy. 
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
Sponsored Links

oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2019 at 7:01am
But we are fan owned. Have been since 1890.
However that signing divided our fan base and yes he was dropped in quietly,to the dismay of many, a lot of fans here are only back at games since he left but no denying a good number wanted him here including players and manager. My feelings were made known at the time but I didn’t stay away from games, right or wrong I still not sure. Glad he’s gone though.
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2019 at 8:34am
i know the fan owned status at both Cawk and Bohs has been very successful but it's something I’d hate to see at Waterford. we simply don’t have the personnel if you were take the basis of the spoofers that we have involved in the Supporters Clubs etc.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2019 at 8:58am
Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

However that signing divided our fan base and yes he was dropped in quietly,to the dismay of many, a lot of fans here are only back at games since he left but no denying a good number wanted him here including players and manager. My feelings were made known at the time but I didn’t stay away from games, right or wrong I still not sure. Glad he’s gone though.
I was quite worried when I first heard he was leaving Waterford. 

The abuse Johnny Ward is taking on social media over his article on this is ridiculous. Even Gemma O D getting in on it ffs
Spudgunn1980 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spudgunn1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2019 at 10:24am
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2019 at 11:08am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

I was quite worried when I first heard he was leaving Waterford. 

The abuse Johnny Ward is taking on social media over his article on this is ridiculous. Even Gemma O D getting in on it ffs
Just read some of it now. Shocking altogether. 
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2019 at 11:24am

I know that's why I mentioned him being snuck in without announcement or anything. He was just in the squad one day. I'm surprised ye didn't lose more members to be honest. 

Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2019 at 12:02pm
Don’t think we lost anybody they just wouldn’t attend while he was here. Long had built up enough credit with the club and fans he was trusted by most I feel, there was also an explanation of sorts doing the rounds that satisfied some. As I say , I didn’t like it but took it at face value and trusted the club to do the right thing. For me anyway, a sorry misguided part of our recent history leaves a bad feeling. Don’t really know how the blues fans felt about it probably a mix of the same.
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2019 at 5:44pm
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2019 at 5:48pm
Holy f**k.LOL
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2019 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

Originally posted by Spudgunn1980 Spudgunn1980 wrote:

Nothing allegedly about it. It’s fact.

Is that...a certain league of Ireland player?
LOL ffs
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2019 at 11:45pm
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019%E2%80%9320_Scottish_Challenge_Cup

we could get our away trip afterall but too a cold UK town in the midde of nowwhere 

we enter Round 3 and will play our game on Sat 7th/Sun 8th Sep 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2019 at 11:48pm
Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019%E2%80%9320_Scottish_Challenge_Cup

we could get our away trip afterall but too a cold UK town in the midde of nowwhere 

we enter Round 3 and will play our game on Sat 7th/Sun 8th Sep 
I don’t think Derry are in it.
Nah Nah Nah Nah View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Yea Yea Yea Yea

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nah Nah Nah Nah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2019 at 7:52am

A League of Ireland soccer star convicted of a serious offence has left the country voluntarily after he failed to stop his planned deportation back to Nigeria.

Ismahil "Izzy" Akinade was a key striker for Waterford FC and the club said he had departed by mutual agreement.

Akinade had joined the club ahead of the 2018 Airtricity League season.

He scored eight goals for Waterford, helping them to finish in fourth place.

He had signed a contract last June to remain with the club until the end of this season.

Akinade was born in Nigeria in 1994 and arrived here as a seven year old in 2001. Akinade's mother and siblings are Irish citizens by naturalisation.

He was the subject of a deportation order signed by Justice Minister Charlie Flanagan and his lawyers fought it through the courts.

Rejected

Last month the High Court rejected his application for a judicial review of the deportation order.

Akinade was due to present himself at the Garda national immigration bureau on June 13 but failed to attend.

Lawyers for the State are currently trying to establish officially that he has returned to Nigeria.

The High Court was told Akinade had leave to remain in the State as a dependant of his mother until he reached 16 years in 2010.

After that, he received permission in his own right for successive periods until mid-2014. That year he was convicted of a serious criminal offence and was informed in 2015 of the minister's proposal to make a deportation order against him.

His solicitors made representations against the order, but the deportation order was made in March 2016.

The order was challenged in judicial review proceedings.

Those proceedings concluded last month when the court refused the application for review.

After Akinade did not turn up at the planned meeting with gardaí, the immigration authorities heard nothing until Waterford FC issued a statement on its website earlier this week, confirming that he had left the club "by mutual agreement".

Manager Alan Reynolds said: "We signed him after gaining promotion two seasons ago and he scored some important goals for the club.

"We thank him for the hard work and efforts over the past 18 months.

"He'll be missed on and off the pitch and was a really popular member of the squad," Mr Reynolds added.

Edited by Nah Nah Nah Nah - 28 Jun 2019 at 7:53am
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2019 at 7:54am
How come he isn’t an Irish citizen or treated as such? 
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2019 at 10:50am
Football chat from here on it, deleted a load of posts there, mainly my won to be fair
saintjoey View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintjoey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2019 at 1:21pm
Akinade signed for some crowd in Vietnam 
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2019 at 3:04pm
As strange a move, if not even more so, then Zayed in Iran
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3738394041 52>
  Share Topic