You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Waterford FC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3435363738 52>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 12:40am
Gutted with the news as I was really looking forward to the euro games. Great excitement around when we qualified last year and many fans were saving up money too travel this year

There must of been some sort of handshake agreement between some of the higher ups and lot of 'winks winks you be fine I'll sort it' stuff 

Why didn't they announce it at the end of the last season that sadly due too UEFA rules you will not be able too compete in Europe and that would be that. Gutting too here it just a few months from the beginning of the qualifiers

I know it's pretty unlikely but if were too qualify this season would we be allowed play in Europe on the 20/21 season ??
Sponsored Links

AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 1:01am
Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

Gutted with the news as I was really looking forward to the euro games. Great excitement around when we qualified last year and many fans were saving up money too travel this year

There must of been some sort of handshake agreement between some of the higher ups and lot of 'winks winks you be fine I'll sort it' stuff 

Why didn't they announce it at the end of the last season that sadly due too UEFA rules you will not be able too compete in Europe and that would be that. Gutting too here it just a few months from the beginning of the qualifiers

I know it's pretty unlikely but if were too qualify this season would we be allowed play in Europe on the 20/21 season ??

Yes the club would be more than three years old and eligible for UEFA competitions.
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 4:29am
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 7:37am
Originally posted by Fintan Fintan wrote:

UEFA rules and scumbaggery by Pats butnI bet John and the FAI get blamed. f**k Pats.

“John” and his appointed officers didn’t grant a license to a team not qualified then no? “John” despite being the shooting star of eufa and the font of all things eufa didn’t know that Waterford as a new entity, owned by his buddy Lee, weren’t qualified?? It was flagged on heee by ordinary fans ffs, more incompetent nonsense from your friend.f**king clown.
Spudgunn1980 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spudgunn1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 7:48am
Why is this a surprise to anyone? It was brought up on here numerous times throughout last season but was always shot down.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 8:00am
Blaming Pats LOL Waterford broke the rules and it’s bit them in the hole. Anyone who thinks Pats lodging a complaint on Wednesday and was heard & decided upon by UEFA on Thursday needs their head examining. 
FAI releasing a statement on Wednesday is just deflection trying to pass the blame from their buddy Lee Power. 
saintjoey View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintjoey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 8:04am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Blaming Pats LOL Waterford broke the rules and it’s bit them in the hole. Anyone who thinks Pats lodging a complaint on Wednesday and was heard & decided upon by UEFA on Thursday needs their head examining. 
FAI releasing a statement on Wednesday is just deflection trying to pass the blame from their buddy Lee Power. 

Bang on the money 
Nah Nah Nah Nah View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Yea Yea Yea Yea

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nah Nah Nah Nah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 8:12am
Originally posted by AnCearrbhach AnCearrbhach wrote:

Anyone blaming Pats would want to cop on. Are they supposed to throw away a minimum of 200k to let the worst run club in the league play in Europe. F*ck that.

Harsh. Dundalk lost 120k more then them last season.

Sad for the Waterford fans but delighted for Lee Power 
Spudgunn1980 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spudgunn1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 8:42am
I don’t think it’s a case they broke the rules. They just don’t meet the licensing criteria. Simple as.  I can only assume JD gave Lee Power some assurances when he was in power. 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 9:49am
Originally posted by Spudgunn1980 Spudgunn1980 wrote:

I don’t think it’s a case they broke the rules. They just don’t meet the licensing criteria. Simple as.  I can only assume JD gave Lee Power some assurances when he was in power. 
Didn’t realise they were that close!
saintjoey View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintjoey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 9:51am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

John told pats he was involved in the Waterford takeover 
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 11:33am
Originally posted by Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah wrote:

Originally posted by AnCearrbhach AnCearrbhach wrote:

Anyone blaming Pats would want to cop on. Are they supposed to throw away a minimum of 200k to let the worst run club in the league play in Europe. F*ck that.

Harsh. Dundalk lost 120k more then them last season.

Sad for the Waterford fans but delighted for Lee Power 

There's a difference between dipping into a hefty saving account and putting your club in unmanageable debt in fairness. 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by saintjoey saintjoey wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

John told pats he was involved in the Waterford takeover 
It was a sexual innuendo. 
saintjoey View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintjoey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 12:50pm
Waterford confirm they were mislead by the FAI. Shock horror

That statement looking worse and worse now 
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 1:10pm

I wonder who could have misled them.....
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Someone who enjoys a bit of gardening, maybe ? 

There's an awful lot of uninformed bollix on this thread by the way. It is a licencing issue, related to a single (disputed) unpaid debt from the old club. Has nothing to do with Pats or the fact the club isn't yet 3 years old. Owen Cowzer's article here is on the money. https://www.thesun.ie/sport/football/4002803/waterford-barred-uefa-europa-league-st-patricks-athletic/

Lee Power paid off all the debts, with the exception of this disputed one. Question is, why didn't he pay this one. It isn't a small amount, but in the context of his overall investment, it's relatively fcuk all. In his latest statement, which is quite the turnaround from his last one (who could have seen that one coming........oh yeah, me and anyone with half a functioning brain) he claims the club were misled by the FAI. 

Draw yer own conclusions. 

Edited by deise316 - 19 Apr 2019 at 2:08pm
Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Fintan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
YBIG Mods are cool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fintan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

Originally posted by Fintan Fintan wrote:

UEFA rules and scumbaggery by Pats butnI bet John and the FAI get blamed. f**k Pats.

“John” and his appointed officers didn’t grant a license to a team not qualified then no? “John” despite being the shooting star of eufa and the font of all things eufa didn’t know that Waterford as a new entity, owned by his buddy Lee, weren’t qualified?? It was flagged on heee by ordinary fans ffs, more incompetent nonsense from your friend.f**king clown.

No need for the personal attack at the end. Can't stand annonymous bullyboys. 
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Someone who enjoys a bit of gardening, maybe ? 

There's an awful lot of uninformed bollix on this thread by the way. It is a licencing issue, related to a single (disputed) unpaid debt from the old club. Has nothing to do with Pats or the fact the club isn't yet 3 years old. Owen Cowzer's article here is on the money. https://www.thesun.ie/sport/football/4002803/waterford-barred-uefa-europa-league-st-patricks-athletic/

Lee Power paid off all the debts, with the exception of this disputed one. Question is, why didn't he pay this one. It isn't a small amount, but in the context of his overall investment, it's relatively fcuk all. In his latest statement, which is quite the turnaround from his last one (who could have seen that one coming........oh yeah, me and anyone with half a functioning brain) he claims the club were misled by the FAI. 

Draw yer own conclusions. 

The rule relates to a club less that 3 years old paying off all the debts of the previous club as a minumum for entry. It even says so in the article you shared. So obviously it doesn't have "nothing to do with" the club being less than 3 years old. If it was a year older it would be in Europe.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3435363738 52>
  Share Topic