Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Waterford FC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 52>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2018 at 10:12am
It's fairly simple what happened, I probably referred to someone with a disparaging remark, probably along the lines of calling Lee Power a pikey, that sort of thing, the lad here complains and the mods, pissed off with my occasionally over the top political correctness crusade through the forum spot an opportunity to annoy me back.
This means a lad annoyed because I said Waterford are a new club, which they are, gets some sort of digital tick and keeps typing racist as he thinks that, based on the mod edit, this will somehow upset me. He can think I am a pilot from Down for all I care, it's an internet forum to talk bollocks and pass the time. He can start writing 'pre Madonna is a racist' in six foot letters around Waterford for all I care. Whatever floats his boat!
Sponsored Links

corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2018 at 10:54am
Originally posted by deiseblue deiseblue wrote:

Originally posted by adineen98 adineen98 wrote:

Deise, I don't mean to be smart here, but if Waterford are still the same club now as they were prior the "rebranding", why did Fran Gavin say last year that both yourselves and Wexford applied as new entities last year, with no applications from the "old" clubs received?

Mr. Gavin’s mistake was presuming that like Cork City 1 , Derry & Rovers Waterford did not discharge their legacy debts .
Such was not the case & as such Waterford merely rebranded.
That was Cork City 2. We're currently on Cork City 3. We could be on Cork City 4 actually, we went bust in 1996 but were allowed hold the position.

Edited by corkery - 07 Oct 2018 at 10:54am
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
WaterfordBlue18 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WaterfordBlue18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2018 at 3:52pm
Lads who cares if we are a new entity or not. Stop getting wound up by bitter langers who have nothing else better to do then come on here and cause a drama. FWIW i don’t think we are strictly a new entity but I can’t say for certain, however it doesn’t make a blind bit of a difference cause we paid of our debts, I would’ve found it hard to support a club who left honest people short of money they were owed by taking the easy LOi way out that so many have done before us but we paid our debts and that I and we can say is 100% fact. To the Cork fans here, your success is built on a scumbag move, ye left people without money they were rightfully owed and yet ye claim to be above everyone else because ye are fan owned, ye think because of that ye are invincible, well I do look forward to your crowds dropping off as ye fall further behind Dundalk and things start to get tight budget wise, FORAS will be questioned for the running of the club in terms of sustainability and other factors for the first time ever and we will see how Snobby ye are then.

In LOI anything can go pear shaped in the blink of an eye including us in Waterford, but don’t forget Cork fans ye are in the same boat and don’t be under the illusion ye aren’t because ye are ran differently. Suggest ye go on your own forum now and do your sh*t talk there.
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2018 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by WaterfordBlue18 WaterfordBlue18 wrote:

Lads who cares if we are a new entity or not. Stop getting wound up by bitter langers who have nothing else better to do then come on here and cause a drama. FWIW i don’t think we are strictly a new entity but I can’t say for certain, however it doesn’t make a blind bit of a difference cause we paid of our debts, I would’ve found it hard to support a club who left honest people short of money they were owed by taking the easy LOi way out that so many have done before us but we paid our debts and that I and we can say is 100% fact. To the Cork fans here, your success is built on a scumbag move, ye left people without money they were rightfully owed and yet ye claim to be above everyone else because ye are fan owned, ye think because of that ye are invincible, well I do look forward to your crowds dropping off as ye fall further behind Dundalk and things start to get tight budget wise, FORAS will be questioned for the running of the club in terms of sustainability and other factors for the first time ever and we will see how Snobby ye are then.

In LOI anything can go pear shaped in the blink of an eye including us in Waterford, but don’t forget Cork fans ye are in the same boat and don’t be under the illusion ye aren’t because ye are ran differently. Suggest ye go on your own forum now and do your sh*t talk there.
Alright Waterfordblue18 kid, what's happening kid?
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2018 at 7:19pm
jaysus, there’s a lad who hates a crowd owing money, wonder how he feels about the 4 % club over in the mountains? Must’ve busted a right few small firms. An angry man is WB18Nuke
adineen98 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2018 at 7:29pm
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

As regards Europe, lets try finish in one of those positions first, tis far from a done deal. Do find it a bit amusing that Bohs, Pats, Sham Rovers, Dundalk, or for that matter, Longford Town or UCD fans don't really seem to give a flying fcuk about whether we are or aren't an entire new entity, while all the Cork lads seem to be clinging to ''but Fran Gavin said.....'' as if the FAI's word on well, anything at all, is to be taken as gospel. These are the buckos who gave Bray & Athlone licences at the start of the season after all. 

I'm not "clinging" onto anything. I simply asked a question as I've always been a bit confused as to why the FAI have stated that Waterford are a "new" club but there was no real clarification on it. Regarding your point City fans being the only ones to care whether ye are a new club or not, I can tell you now, the vast majority of us really don't care; the only time it really crops up among City fans is when we are due to play ye and a few lads try to get a rise out of Waterford fans. Personally, I don't have any ill feelings towards Waterford, but ye don't exactly cross my mind most of the time Wink

Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

That was Cork City 2. We're currently on Cork City 3. We could be on Cork City 4 actually, we went bust in 1996 but were allowed hold the position.

The club didn't go bust in 1996, a new consortium was allowed take over the club by the liquidator of Decvale Ltd. 

Originally posted by WaterfordBlue18 WaterfordBlue18 wrote:

LOL

Did you really register an account to post that?

This might come as a surprise to you, but we aren't causing any drama, and City fans are allowed post in the Waterford thread, much the same as Waterford fans can post in the City thread.

Built on a scumbag move LOL Can you tell me why you are pointing the finger at City fans over the monies that were owed? Unless I'm hopelessly misinformed, not one City fan can take responsibility for what Arkaga financial mismanagement. To the best of my knowledge, not one City fan has claimed to be "above" anyone in the league because we are fan owned (and if anyone has, they're delusional and would want a slap), nor do we think we are "invincible". Seeing as we've always been run on a tight budget since the takeover from FORAS, with this year being the first we have had a relatively considerable amount of money, we'll be fine, so there's no need to worry about us. Anyone who questions FORAS considering the work they've done for the club would want their heads examined. 

As for the swing at our crowds, it wasn't long ago when ye were struggling to break the 1,000 mark, so if you're going to point the finger, make sure it's clean.

Finally, we aren't under the illusion that we are immune to hardship because of the way we're run, and I'll quite happily head over to the City forum and do my "sh*t talk" there, along with the Waterford fans who also have accounts there who are mature to actually engage in a reasonable discussion rather than coming in with all guns blazing like some people. But don't you worry; on the City forum, we actually talk about the club, and not Waterford, so I hope that puts you at ease Thumbs Up
Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2018 at 9:26am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

It's fairly simple what happened, I probably referred to someone with a disparaging remark, probably along the lines of calling Lee Power a pikey, that sort of thing, the lad here complains and the mods, pissed off with my occasionally over the top political correctness crusade through the forum spot an opportunity to annoy me back.
This means a lad annoyed because I said Waterford are a new club, which they are, gets some sort of digital tick and keeps typing racist as he thinks that, based on the mod edit, this will somehow upset me. He can think I am a pilot from Down for all I care, it's an internet forum to talk bollocks and pass the time. He can start writing 'pre Madonna is a racist' in six foot letters around Waterford for all I care. Whatever floats his boat!

f**k it that's a great idea. i'm going to enter the Waterford Walls festival next year with this.....
Tony Cousins View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Cousins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2018 at 10:21am
Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

jaysus, there’s a lad who hates a crowd owing money, wonder how he feels about the 4 % club over in the mountains? Must’ve busted a right few small firms. An angry man is WB18Nuke

Most of Rovers debt was "owed" to golden circle property developers, so I couldn't give a f**k about the money they lost.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2018 at 10:37am
Go for it Scientist, it might improve the place! It certainly can't do any harm.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2018 at 10:48am

Go for it Scientist, it might improve the place! It certainly can't do any harm.

LOLLOL

anyway, me thinks Deiseblue is a bit OTT with your previous comments. 

Deiseblue, i know PM personally and as Deise316 said above he is a decent bloke and for one has been a great advocate against racism on this forum 
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2018 at 11:26am

LOL it’s been a good morning on here so far none of the real squares are logged in yet
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2018 at 11:49am
Back to actual soccer talk 

Huge game tonight for us even though were not involved. A Cork win would be very ideal and the last 3 league games would be more or less irrelevant but a Bohs win will really make the chase for 3rd interesting. ATM us and Rovers are level on points with them having the superior goal difference

Fri 12th Oct- Waterford vs Dundalk and St Pats vs Rovers- A loss for us and Rovers win (draw will be good for them) would put Rovers right in he drivers seat for 3rd going into the tie on the 19th Oct. If we can get a draw against Dundalk it would give us a chance travelling to Tallaght regardless of Rovers result. Rumours of Limerick possibly sending down a B team to Waterford for the last day on the 26th Oct 

Tonight will tell us a lot 
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2018 at 11:52am
Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

Back to actual soccer talk 

Huge game tonight for us even though were not involved. A Cork win would be very ideal and the last 3 league games would be more or less irrelevant but a Bohs win will really make the chase for 3rd interesting. ATM us and Rovers are level on points with them having the superior goal difference

Fri 12th Oct- Waterford vs Dundalk and St Pats vs Rovers- A loss for us and Rovers win (draw will be good for them) would put Rovers right in he drivers seat for 3rd going into the tie on the 19th Oct. If we can get a draw against Dundalk it would give us a chance travelling to Tallaght regardless of Rovers result. Rumours of Limerick possibly sending down a B team to Waterford for the last day on the 26th Oct 

Tonight will tell us a lot 

that's you f**ked so LOL
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2018 at 10:15pm
Europa league 2019/20 here we come 

Great achievement and big thanks to Cork City lol

First season back up top 4 finish and European football what am achievement. Hard to knw what way the squad and management could be for the start of the 2019 season but being in Europe will attract to an extent 

Edited by Healy52003 - 08 Oct 2018 at 10:17pm
WaterfordBlue18 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WaterfordBlue18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2018 at 11:53pm
What an achievement, dreamland.

Ps to all the Cork fans still hawking around the forum.

Tha... mon the town Dundalk will batter ye x
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2018 at 8:45am
Just a quick look there on the Wikipedia page. We can rule out getting a team from the North or Wales as they will be unseeded like us. be a disaster to get a Scottish club. Only trip i wont make is a trip to Israel.  

Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 12:08pm

Deise, I don't mean to be smart here, but if Waterford are still the same club now as they were prior the "rebranding", why did Fran Gavin say last year that both yourselves and Wexford applied as new entities last year, with no applications from the "old" clubs received?

Mr. Gavin’s mistake was presuming that like Cork City 1 , Derry & Rovers Waterford did not discharge their legacy debts .

Deise, looking at the rules, it doesn't seem to say anything about discharging debts meaning clubs are exempted from the 3 year rule. Are you sure that the fact the company is less than 3 years old won't exclude the club from European competition? Genuine question, I'm not sure myself. 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Deise, looking at the rules, it doesn't seem to say anything about discharging debts meaning clubs are exempted from the 3 year rule. Are you sure that the fact the company is less than 3 years old won't exclude the club from European competition? Genuine question, I'm not sure myself. 

ConfusedConfused
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 52>
  Share Topic