You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Waterford FC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 52>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2018 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Is it true they can't play in Europe if they qualify?

Assuming what Fran Gavin said last year at the launch was correct it is true.
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
Sponsored Links

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2018 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Is it true they can't play in Europe if they qualify?

What's the reason for that?
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
trevwaterford View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trevwaterford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2018 at 6:14pm
It's not confirmed yet but there is a rule that a new entity can't play in Europe for first 3 years. Lee Power paid off the debts of the old owners and also by time 2019 comes around it will be 3 years since late 2016 when he took over so we might be allowed some leeway there. He is a shrewd businessman and did say at end of last season that Waterford would aim for Europe this year so hopefully won't be caught out on that.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2018 at 6:38pm
Is there a chance the track may bend?
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2018 at 6:39pm
I'm sure JD will sort them out.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2018 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Is there a chance the track may bend?

Not on your life my Hindu friend 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2018 at 7:54pm
Originally posted by trevwaterford trevwaterford wrote:

It's not confirmed yet but there is a rule that a new entity can't play in Europe for first 3 years. Lee Power paid off the debts of the old owners and also by time 2019 comes around it will be 3 years since late 2016 when he took over so we might be allowed some leeway there. He is a shrewd businessman and did say at end of last season that Waterford would aim for Europe this year so hopefully won't be caught out on that.

Thumbs Up
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2018 at 9:23pm
Noel Hunt officially announced as Player/Assistant Manager 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Dugs View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2018 at 10:22pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Noel Hunt officially announced as Player/Assistant Manager 
i get the player part but assistant manager also. Maybe he would only sign if he got that role aswel.
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2018 at 10:45pm
Mod Edit;

Corkery- post deleted, go talk about yer pretend hooligans, whether they are Waterford's, Cork's or anyone else's ones, someplace else. 

WaterfordBlue- post also deleted, same applies. 

The whole lot of them are LOI's greatest embarrassment, not giving them any oxygen here. 

Deise316.

Edited by deise316 - 04 Jun 2018 at 11:56pm
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
max View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

My new name is Wax

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 8:33am
New deals for Heery and Akinade. 
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 11:32pm
Kasmi off to some Belgian 2nd division outfit. No great surprise, neat footballer, but not suited to the physicality of this league. Rumours about Dylan Watts, but at this stage he is being linked with everyone else in the top half of the table as well, no idea if there is anything in it. Think Dessie Hutchinson signed, or is intending to sign, for Luton, so he won't be joining. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
deiseblue View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deiseblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2018 at 2:19pm
Blues confirm the double signing of Noe Baba & Dessie Hutchinson
deiseblue View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deiseblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2018 at 10:25am
Courtney Duffus makes Blues fans very happy-loan extended to season end

Edited by deiseblue - 30 Jun 2018 at 10:25am
deiseblue View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deiseblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2018 at 9:57pm
Great win for the Blues in Sligo 3-2
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2018 at 11:55pm
Blues sign Portugal born Angola international Carlos Wilson. No, me neither. He's a defensive midfielder according to wiki, and another one of these lads who has had a nomadic career, playing for clubs in Portugal, Belgium, Greece, Cyprus & Angola, as well as a season with Deportivo La Coruna in 2013. Possible/probable replacement for Stanley Aborah, who is still rumoured to be leaving. 

Fullback John Kavanagh gone back to Cork at the end of his loan spell, tidy player that lad, might not be ready for Cork's first team yet but has the makings of a fella who could have a decent career in this league. 

deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 2:16pm
Probably lucky enough to take a point off Bohs last night, has plenty possession but lacked a cutting edge and a decent ball in the final third of the pitch. Hery's goal was down to his own brilliance and a big gap left by Bohs defenders rather than any decent team play. 

Gave 3 new signings a debut, Hunt looked sharp but didn't get much decent service before he departed injured. Hutchinson would kind of remind me of a David Meyler type midfielder, he did well some of the time, and at other times he was inherently conservative with sideways or backwards passes when you would like him to drive on a bit. One of those performances where you couldn't really pick out anything he did wrong, but at the same time, couldn't see anything particularly brilliant about him either. Early days I suppose. Didn't help that he played on the flanks, he looks an out & out central midfielder to me, but its unlikely he will get a game there with Hery, Rudy Wilson, Keegan and Aborah (who hasn't left yet) all there already. 

Noe Baba, I don't know what he is, but he isn't a right back anyway. Some poor crosses & passes from him and caught out of position a few times as well. They might stick with him there as nearly all our other lads who have played RB & LB this season aren't actually fullbacks either, or he might revert to being back up CB.

Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2018 at 5:35pm
1-0 loss at home to rovers

played below par for the first half and missed some chances in the 2nd half. Few players had nightmares today esp Aborah, Duffus and Izzy. Noel Hunt done well when he came on and should of been on from the start. Rovers coped onto our tactics and eventaully got a lucky header to score 

Only 4pt gap now between us and rovers in 4th Place. need to keep our heads and try and get a few more wins 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 52>
  Share Topic