Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Waterford FC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 52>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 10:49pm
Safe enough to say nobody saw that particular result or scoreline coming. 
Limerick started well & had more of the ball, got a corner, scored from it after it wasn't cleared, 1-0. 
A few minutes later, Webster has his 2nd poor backpass of the week intercepted leading to a goal, 2-0. 

A lot of Blues players then completely lost the heads for about ten minutes. Aborah launches himself 2 footed at a Limerick player, both feet well off the ground, a disgraceful challenge, a deserved straight red, and looking at another lengthy ban for which he can have no complaints. Lucky the Limerick lad wasn't seriously injured. Down to 10 men. 

Game restarts, our players still all over the shop mentally & positionally, Limerick walk through them to score a 3rd. 

Blues start to play a little bit, and grab one back before HT through right full Feely. 
Duffus gets another straight after HT, game back on. 
Get caught up the pitch attacking/chasing equaliser, Limerick score their 4th on the break

Duffus gets another one on 80 minutes, we go to 3 at the back trying to chase equaliser again. 
Limerick score their 5th on the break, a similar goal to their 4th. 
Limerick attacking, CB Webster hears an imaginary whistle in his own box for what he thinks is a free out and catches the ball with his 2 hands- penalty. Bizarre isn't the word. 

I think a mixture of tiredness, the small squad and maybe a bit of complacency as we were playing the bottom 2 this week has all caught up with us. I think we have done well to hold on to Cork & Dundalk for as long as we did, but I see them pulling further away from here on in unless some high level recruitment is done in June/July. It can go very wrong very quickly all the same........

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Sponsored Links

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 11:11pm
Maddest result of the season so far. Many an accumulator ruined tonight I'd say.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2018 at 4:14pm
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Safe enough to say nobody saw that particular result or scoreline coming. 
Limerick started well & had more of the ball, got a corner, scored from it after it wasn't cleared, 1-0. 
A few minutes later, Webster has his 2nd poor backpass of the week intercepted leading to a goal, 2-0. 

A lot of Blues players then completely lost the heads for about ten minutes. Aborah launches himself 2 footed at a Limerick player, both feet well off the ground, a disgraceful challenge, a deserved straight red, and looking at another lengthy ban for which he can have no complaints. Lucky the Limerick lad wasn't seriously injured. Down to 10 men. 

Game restarts, our players still all over the shop mentally & positionally, Limerick walk through them to score a 3rd. 

Blues start to play a little bit, and grab one back before HT through right full Feely. 
Duffus gets another straight after HT, game back on. 
Get caught up the pitch attacking/chasing equaliser, Limerick score their 4th on the break

Duffus gets another one on 80 minutes, we go to 3 at the back trying to chase equaliser again. 
Limerick score their 5th on the break, a similar goal to their 4th. 
Limerick attacking, CB Webster hears an imaginary whistle in his own box for what he thinks is a free out and catches the ball with his 2 hands- penalty. Bizarre isn't the word. 

I think a mixture of tiredness, the small squad and maybe a bit of complacency as we were playing the bottom 2 this week has all caught up with us. I think we have done well to hold on to Cork & Dundalk for as long as we did, but I see them pulling further away from here on in unless some high level recruitment is done in June/July. It can go very wrong very quickly all the same........

Hummmm you don't get much for €15 these days , i would say staying at home and watching Eastenders would have been a better offer Big smile
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2018 at 5:24am
Fcuk off Captain Hindsight Big smile

Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2018 at 6:59am
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Fcuk off Captain Hindsight Big smile

LOLLOLLOL
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
trevwaterford View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trevwaterford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2018 at 2:06pm
Waterford were back on form after 4 games without a win with a comfortable 4-0 win over a flat Derry City last night. Derry had a great chance early on but number 4 McEneff I think put it wide and Waterford made them pay with 2 goals from set pieces from Feely and Akinade. Sander Puri scored a stunning goal from about 30 yards high into the net then and it was game over then before half time . 2nd half was quiet. Derry never looked like getting into the game. Stanley Aborah came on a sub and scored a lovely left foot shot into bottom corner in last minute.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2018 at 4:55pm
Alan Reynolds was the victim of a nasty sounding assault last night in Tramore
El Puto Amo
adineen98 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2018 at 4:57pm
He has a suspected broken leg and other injuries to his face and body according to RTE Shocked
Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2018 at 8:20pm
unprovoked attack the statement said, bunch of pissed up gobsh*tes in the early hours it looks like. Mind you he was one filthy thug on the pitch when he played, really used to lay it on, if he’s half as mental off the field they had their work cut out.
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2018 at 2:17pm
Noe Baba also training with Blues with a view to signing. Where was he last, Macclesfield ? Never really happened for him for whatever reason, he's still young though. 

deiseblue View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deiseblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 1:46pm
Rumours rife that Noel Hunt is coming home in an assistant manager/player role
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 2:57pm
Originally posted by deiseblue deiseblue wrote:

Rumours rife that Noel Hunt is coming home in an assistant manager/player role

In the indo today implying it was virtually a done deal
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 3:22pm
ah, at last something to hate about Waterford! Dirty sneaky rofuss git, loadsa abuse.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

ah, at last something to hate about Waterford! Dirty sneaky rofuss git, loadsa abuse.

He's actually a sound lad.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 4:44pm
I met him years ago before the Brazil game at Ashburton Grove, he is nuts. I apologised to him for having a few in me and he just said; "you're not drunker than my mate" and pointed at a lad running up and down the pub shouting olé!
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2018 at 1:43pm
How are Waterford doing...
AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2018 at 2:46pm
Good clean up done there LOL

Waterford..a horrible bunch of lads Censored
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2018 at 2:50pm
Is it true they can't play in Europe if they qualify?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 52>
  Share Topic