You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Waterford FC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 52>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 7:38am

Edited by OohAah... - 27 Mar 2018 at 9:13am
Sponsored Links

Reildogg View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reildogg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2018 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by Reildogg Reildogg wrote:

Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Originally posted by deiseblue deiseblue wrote:

[QUOTE=Cabra Hoop] Wouldn't get too carried away just yet. Only beat 10 men last night thanks to 2 defensive howlers. I'd imagine they'll finish between 5th and 7th. Great addition to the league. Hopefully Galway get promoted and Bray go down and we'll have a league with all the regions and large urban centres of the country represented. Could be the start of something positive in the league forva change...

Well that’s not quite true is it ? the absolute idiocy of Gilchrist was obviously helpful as was the laughable defending for the Blues second but the Blues cannot be blamed for the Hoops appalling poor discipline ( which has long been a problem ) & defending - deserving winners & will they finish above Rovers ? - a strong possibility I would have thought as Lee Power may possibly be active in both the transfer & loans market.

Not a snowballs chance in hell that Waterford will finish ahead of Rovers. You won on Friday fair enough and congrats for that, but up to the sending off (admittedly early enough) Rovers were the better team. Even with 10 men we dominated most of the second half. The only real top quality football in the match was our goal.

If Waterford are within 10 points of us at the end of the season i'll be shocked.

Nothing like a hoop talking out his hoop
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2018 at 10:52pm
Wtf happened at the end? 6 red cards!

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2018 at 11:25pm
Great result for Blues, though Cork (McNamee I think) missed a great one V one to equalise, a draw wouldn't have been an unreasonable result either. Cork were the better team in first half while WD were giving away a lot of sloppy ball, some of that due to Cork pressing very high up & doing it well. Cork's goal was down to poor defending, an unmarked header from a free met by an midfielder making an unmarked run into the box. 

Blues upped it a lot in the 2nd half and played at a lot higher pace, it seemed to unsettle Cork a bit and they certainly weren't as fluent in attack. Equalising OG was one of those driven low crosses, defender had to put his foot on it with Duffus behind him ready to strike, lucky for us he sliced it into his own net. winner was a good finish by Akinade, they gave the goal to Duffus but from where I was, the ball had crossed the line when he headed it in. Maybe MNS footage will shed some more light on it. 

The row/sendings off, I was in the stand at the other side & didnt have a great view, but it went something like this- injury time, Cork on attack, ball cleared to halfway line for a Cork throw. Ball landed at WD bench, Rennie or one of the other staff were slow giving it back to a Cork player, a small bit of pushing ensued, the ball was thrown back onto the pitch, Hery decides to tap it in front of him, away from the Cork player waiting to take the throw, then Caulfield comes onto the pitch and takes a swipe at the ball trying to get it back, but made a slight connection with Hery's leg. 

Hery responds by shoving Caulfield over the line, where he landed on his arse, the Cork bench immediately jump up and start throwing punches, Aborah, who had been subbed off and on his way down the tunnel, comes back up the tunnel to get involved, the entire Cork & Waterford benches are involved at this point and most of the players on the pitch, while security, the Gardai & the 4th official try to calm things down a bit. After about 5 minutes of this, the Ref chats to his officials and starts dishing out the red cards. Without having seeing it too closely, I'd say all were well deserved, and both teams probably lucky more didn't join them. 

Likely the players and the 2 managers will get more than the standard bans too, I'd say the FAI will want to make an example of them. Great bit of entertainment for a Friday evening. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2018 at 2:03am
Was in work so could only follow tonights events on Dan McDonnell's twitter, and a couple of die-hard's account (Minty will know who I'm talking about). Shame about how the match finished, but what a result. I'm not going to pretend to be some great fan of the Blues, but it is brilliant to have 3600 at the RSC, long may it last. Still concerns about the lack of a goalscorer aside from Duffus, but they're properly solid at the back with Kenny Browne there
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2018 at 8:44am
Keegan is class as well. Nothing flashy, doesnt take to much out of the ball but just keeps it ticking over.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2018 at 12:27pm
Great to see Waterford back at the top end after all the years of struggle! Great ground and the fans I encountered down there have always been bang on and knowledgeable
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2018 at 7:16pm
Good tonsee Waterford back and with a big crowd. It's a nice ground too.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
savo01 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savo01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2018 at 11:54am
Just saw the schmozzle on the news. Caulfield on the pitch starting things then running away like a wee rat once it escalated. Classless Cork as usual.
Jackie Charlton, Eoin Hand
Johnny Giles. Ireland
Mick McCarthy, Stephen Staunton
Cascarino
Tony Galvin, Niall Quinn
Packie doesn't let em in
North of Ireland
South of Ireland
Only one can go
adineen98 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2018 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by savo01 savo01 wrote:

Just saw the schmozzle on the news. Caulfield on the pitch starting things then running away like a wee rat once it escalated. Classless Cork as usual.

Except it didn't start with Caulfield running into the pitch. The ball went out of play at the Waterford bench and they refused to give it back. Hery got to it and started kicking the ball away, and then Caulfield ran on. I'll fully admit that Caulfield was wrong to go onto the pitch, but there was absolutely no need for Hery to react the way he did, it was completely over the top. As for your comment regarding Caulfield "running away" when it escalated, what did you want him to do? Run straight into the melee and start throwing punches? Cop on ffs.

And as for being classless, might I remind you that Dundalk fans attacked City fans in Oriel Park earlier this season?
Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam
savo01 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savo01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 10:40am
Scumbags attacking other fans is a disgrace and I do not condone it but I am referring to the management and players.  Caulfield and his generals are never off the pitch, roaring and pointing any time I see them.  I love a bit of passion but he's an over the top ejit. 
Jackie Charlton, Eoin Hand
Johnny Giles. Ireland
Mick McCarthy, Stephen Staunton
Cascarino
Tony Galvin, Niall Quinn
Packie doesn't let em in
North of Ireland
South of Ireland
Only one can go
AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 11:17am
Originally posted by savo01 savo01 wrote:

Scumbags attacking other fans is a disgrace and I do not condone it but I am referring to the management and players.  Caulfield and his generals are never off the pitch, roaring and pointing any time I see them.  I love a bit of passion but he's an over the top ejit. 

There is no way that Caulfield does this more than Bradley or Kenny. 

Be interesting to see the harshness of the bans, Aborrah and Hery would be big losses for the Albion.

On the other hand no Buckley for a few games might be a good thing for City hopefully leading to McNamee playing 10.

Edited by AnCearrbhach - 09 Apr 2018 at 11:19am
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 11:18am
Most managers do that, especially successful ones.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 10:43pm
Aborah 6 game ban, Hery banned for 4 games. Details of Cork suspensions (if any) seemingly not released yet. 

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 11:06pm
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Aborah 6 game ban, Hery banned for 4 games. Details of Cork suspensions (if any) seemingly not released yet. 

Reynolds gets 1 game touchline ban. Caulfield should get 3 so 
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 11:16pm
Big blow for Waterford's title challenge IMO. Can see similar punishment handed to our lot. Ye can count yourselves lucky your goalkeeper didn't get a slap on the wrist for his celebration at full time.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 10:12pm
Caught the Derry game on a stream, they were good value for their result and probably should have won by 2 or 3 more. First half seemed even enough, but only one team in it after that. As well as the 2 banned lads, Browne (injury-only fit for place on bench) and Duffus (doesn't play on 4G pitches due to previous injury) were missing, and quite simply, the squad isn't that good or deep to go to places like Derry & win without that many 1st team players. 

DeiseDavy View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeiseDavy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 1:16am
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Caught the Derry game on a stream, they were good value for their result and probably should have won by 2 or 3 more. First half seemed even enough, but only one team in it after that. As well as the 2 banned lads, Browne (injury-only fit for place on bench) and Duffus (doesn't play on 4G pitches due to previous injury) were missing, and quite simply, the squad isn't that good or deep to go to places like Derry & win without that many 1st team players. 

Do you mind me asking where you access the streams for the games? I put a bet on the game on two different bookies sites hoping they’d be streaming but there was nothing. Ended up listening to it on Wlr.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 52>
  Share Topic