Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WatchLOI and LOITV

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2022 at 2:10pm
Have a season ticket for Shels and will go to 80% + of the away games so the above suits me perfectly
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Sponsored Links

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2022 at 2:29pm
€250ish to watch your team home & away this season. 
With discounts Sky Sports available for less than €100. 
Madness. 
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2022 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Madness. 

That's the point though, higher prices for a pass should get more people into the ground. 

I don't think anyone is going to choose between a sky sports subscription and buying a match pass. 
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2022 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

Have a season ticket for Shels and will go to 80% + of the away games so the above suits me perfectly

Exact same, be handy for some Monday away games and the longer ones I can't make. 
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2022 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Madness. 

That's the point though, higher prices for a pass should get more people into the ground. 

I don't think anyone is going to choose between a sky sports subscription and buying a match pass. 

While I agree to an extent, Making something so outlandishly expensive that people won’t buy the product is madness. There’s clearly I sweet spot to be found, this really really isn’t it. 

And I would imagine this will be used in 12 months time to cancel it altogether. 
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2022 at 3:06pm
Floating fans and fans of clubs sold out (Bohs) will miss out. 
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2022 at 3:12pm
It's expensive if you buy every week alright, but one off isn't.

I'd be very surprised if they clubs don't end up with more income off the back of this, which is beneficial for everyone, but the smaller clubs most of all. 
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2022 at 4:05pm
Will be at most games and the ones i'm not at i'll watch on the dodgy box. Doesn't affect me so not arsed what they do. Tongue
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2022 at 5:25pm
Don't see the Issue if Shels are away in Derry or Finn Harps on a Monday there's not a hope I'm going €7 quid is great value. By not having a Season Pass available to purchase there maybe less chance of these games appearing on IPTV as the providers mainly from the UK maybe less Inclined to pay for every Individual game. 
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2022 at 4:23am
Who is ultimately responsible for LOI tv? The FAI?

I think it's a brainless decision tbh. Essentially pricing themselves out of making any real income from it, which will 100% be used as the reason not to have such a service available the following season, much like Declan McBennett saying that the viewing figures aren't there, despite RTE's best attempts to make sure viewing figures don't increase.

Saw Mike Treacy (Dundalk) saying that you can watch every PL game for 50e but would have to pay 252e to watch 1 team on LOI tv. 

I'm not sure the legalities would allow it and I know it's been said before, but clubs would surely be better off offering a streaming service themselves.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2023 at 3:35pm
Renewed my pass today but received no email and see nothing in my 'Active Subscriptions'. Tried emailing them but when you click 'Send message' it re-directs me to a browser home page 

It's great value and will be great to have but unfortunately it is clunky and not the best customer experience. An app would be far better, even if it meant paying a few extra quid
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Aaron1930 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron1930 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2023 at 10:41am
Absolutely delighted the season pass is back and I think it's a great shout to include the WNL. It was LOI TV or get by on highlights packages and the odd game when I'm home. 

Last season when buying games individually and the stream crashed it was a bit of a disaster because there was no alternative so you were let down. 

I know it isn't the same when it isn't your own team but, when the stream crashed for ~20 mins during Waterford 1-1 Longford earlier this season it's great to have the option of switching over to another game to fill the time. 

Catch Up is great too if you see rave reviews of games e.g., Rovers 1-2 Derry or Rovers 4-4 Cork. I know that some people watch back the last game of next weeks opponent too.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2023 at 8:23am

Have RTE decided which game they are screening this Friday?

Thanks
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2023 at 9:00am
The Rovers derby is on RTE as far as I know.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2023 at 9:18am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Yeah it is. 
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2023 at 9:21am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Slainte.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2023 at 1:04pm
€120 season pass for next season. I won't renew - couldn't watch it on my smart TV and found it very messy to use on my phone/tablet. Has so much potential but just find it's not user friendly. Not helped by the IPTV providers putting up links to the games most week
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2023 at 4:04pm
I refuse to pay for any service that doesn't have an app for the major streaming clients or relies on casting or hdmi cable from a browser. 
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic