You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WatchLOI and LOITV

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WexfordYellowBelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WatchLOI and LOITV
    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 at 2:32pm
Just looking for peoples opinons on this.

Personaly think its a great idea and should have been done ages ago..

Major broadcast deals announced
Black small square
@RTEsport
set to continue Friday Night Football
Black small square
#WATCHLOI set to continue for Premier Division
Black small square
New #LOITV streaming service for First Division & WNL
Black small square
All #WNL fixtures set to be broadcast for FREE

https://www.fai.ie/domesticews/fai-announces-new-broadcast-deals - https://www.fai.ie/domestic/news/fai-announces-new-broadcast-deals

Edited by WexfordYellowBelly - 26 Feb 2021 at 2:52pm
Sponsored Links

Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2021 at 3:09pm
Yep - as a Shels fan I'm delighted as I really didn't think I'd get to see most of our away games this season in the graveyard. Hope something like this continues long term even when fans are allowed back in to games for 2 reasons:

1. It won't impact attendances as the main people purchasing will be hard core LOI fans
2. It will mainly allow these fans to watch their team play away games or the odd home game that they can't get to for whatever reason.

I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2021 at 3:14pm
I think it’s great. Would prefer if they could launch an app for the TV to watch it on rather than the browser. Cost may be an issue for that.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2021 at 3:15pm
Plan is for it to be long term, fai, to be fair to them, have invested a substantial sub into it. 

I'm delighted with it, great for revenue for the clubs, great for fans and players have the benefit of being scouted easier too, everyone is a winner. 
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2021 at 3:29pm
Delighted myself the Graveyard gets little or no coverage so this is a huge relief. Gaz said before it won't affect attendances I'm unsure about that tbh I think if it was to continue when and if crowds return it would have to be a more expensive package. 
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2021 at 3:43pm
Good to have it back this year and hopefully it will continue long term. €59 until the mid season break is very good value just under €1 a game, I made great use out of it last year and will hopefully do the same this year. Have bought the 9 game pass which Harps are doing instead of a season ticket so very reasonable will hopefully get the see half the home games online and other half live.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2021 at 9:10pm
Anyone else having issues with the cast button? Just keeps stopping the match as if pausing
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2021 at 9:13pm
Working fine for ne

Lack of replays is disappointing. 
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2021 at 9:58pm
grand job, well not be back in grounds this year anyway.
max View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

My new name is Wax

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2021 at 1:16am
No replays is a killer!
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2021 at 6:52pm
The camera at the Bohs game is giving me a headache.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2021 at 7:53pm
Georgie Kelly is giving me a headache.f**king lump. And that’s being unkind to lumps.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2021 at 7:55pm
Kelly, the camera angle and the disappearance of the time & score is pretty brutal 
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2021 at 7:59pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Kelly, the camera angle and the disappearance of the time & score is pretty brutal 
1-0
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2021 at 8:11pm
I watched the first half of the Dundalk game earlier and the screen would freeze for about half a second every 20 seconds or so. Not sure if it was an issue with the website or my internet connection. No issues with anything else though.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2021 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

The camera at the Bohs game is giving me a headache.
Glad I wasn't the only one. Was ok when they got rid of the scoreboard. Co-communtator is an improvement but lack of replays is annoying
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2021 at 6:29am
No clock or score in the corner of the screen, no replays, nothing at HT, and the sound was a bit grating. it really can't be that hard.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2021 at 9:26am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

No clock or score in the corner of the screen, no replays, nothing at HT, and the sound was a bit grating. it really can't be that hard.

It’s desperate, if you’re a fair weather fan or have a casual interest in the LOI you wouldn’t be running out to pay the €60 in a hurry. 
But the poor numbers signing up will be because the league is sh*te & not the production. 

Will only get worse in the second half of the season with this AI sh*te getting installed 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic