You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Washing Machine Leak

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Washing Machine Leak
    Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 11:49am
Just wondering if anyone has had anything similar happen and how it all played out. Had a washing machine delivered and it was installed by the lads from Harvey Norman. Everything seemed grand and I'm just in the sitting room playing the Playstation when I notice water coming through the wall of the kitchen into the sitting room. The washing machine was leaking and there was water everywhere. Sitting room absolutely destroyed and I'm worried about mould and stuff like that. The lads from Harvey Norman came back and disconnected it. They said it was a fault with the machine. The manufacturer is sending out an engineer this evening to confirm if it was a fault with the machine. 

I'm just wondering in situations like this are these fellas easy enough to deal with? It surely can't be the first time that they have dealt with a situation like this. If they confirm that the machine was faulty will I constantly need to be chasing them to get everything sorted?
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 12:00pm
As long as you didn't buy it from Darmack you should be grand  Tongue
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 12:00pm
phone Joe 
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 12:50pm
put it in the fridge
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 12:53pm
Joking aside, you will be entitled to compensation one way or another, the fitters either made a balls up or the fault lies with the manufacturer of machine, 1 of them will have to foot the bill for the damage done, if all else fails get on to your own house insurer to see what the Craic is 
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Joking aside, you will be entitled to compensation one way or another, the fitters either made a balls up or the fault lies with the manufacturer of machine, 1 of them will have to foot the bill for the damage done, if all else fails get on to your own house insurer to see what the Craic is 

No harm talking to your insurer anyway, they could potentially cover it and then chase the manufacturer / installer for the recovery on it. Might save you additional ballache.
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 3:36pm
The only issue with going through your own insurance is the no claims issue - it might be better to see if Harvey Norman or the manufacturer will cover it first. There's no point claiming €300 from your insurance if it means you have to pay an extra €50 for the next eight years.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 4:10pm
If the lads f**ked up installing a washing machine they should be sent to hatch 13. Couldnt be easier to connect up ffs.

Hope you got a good deal initially anyway from Harvey Norman, theyre always a lot dearer for everything ive ever price checked from electronics to bloody photo paper. 

Edited by Sham157 - 04 Feb 2019 at 4:11pm
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

If the lads f**ked up installing a washing machine they should be sent to hatch 13. Couldnt be easier to connect up ffs.

I was surprised when Walls said he had them install it LOL

Has to be a faulty drum.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 8:40pm
You bought from Harvey Norman?  Were they Aussie installers?  They probably installed it upside down.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 8:06am
The engineer from the manufacturer came out and confirmed it was a fault with the machine so they will be ringing me at some stage this morning to go through what work needs to be done. Apparently it was an issue with a valve not being fully tightened. So far so good with them not acting the bollocks anyway. 
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 9:16am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

You bought from Harvey Norman?  Were they Aussie installers?  They probably installed it upside down.

LOL
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 10:19am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

As long as you didn't buy it from Darmack you should be grand  Tongue

Mine was a dishwasher, God I'd never do that with a washing machine.

Saying that, about 2 weeks later the central locking went in my car. So either karma or the guy came back to pay me a visit.
The dark side.. And the light
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic