You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Warsaw - Sunday 11th Oct 2015 - General Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 31323334>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2015 at 10:02pm
Originally posted by fear-glas fear-glas wrote:

Each to their own but I can't understand lads getting absolutely hammered before the match whatever about the night before or after the match but before hand.Β 

Over heard a guy asking where was he in the stadium. Also the singing for the national anthem was about 2 seconds ahead of the music, drink must have been a factor.

At least he was in the stadium , I was talking to a chap who never even made it to the game
Sponsored Links

valo88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valo88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2015 at 10:10pm

Each to their own but I can't understand lads getting absolutely hammered before the match whatever about the night before or after the match but before hand. 

Over heard a guy asking where was he in the stadium. Also the singing for the national anthem was about 2 seconds ahead of the music, drink must have been a factor.

Agreed.

I normally pace myself for matches, home & away. But this time around I was absolutely scuttered in the stadium.

Was on the pints/cans early on but when we were outside the Tortilla factory I started working into a bottle of vodka a random Pole bought us in the offo. And as if that wasnt enough, had another few swigs of another. bottle outside with some more Poles.

I remember the first half grand, was standing up the front at the barriers singing & chanting, but some bollox got the guards to get us to sit down for the second half. Once I sat down and the effects started kicking in, I was gone, and the rest of the night was pretty much a blur from there on. Still feel Dead
greenlad View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2015 at 10:13pm
Good trip that was.
Found it a bit more expensive as I thought but then again it was the capital city.
Found the natives to be quite boring but it's said the Warsaw folk are different anyway.πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Had my missus(who is polish btw)over with me and her mate lives there so got the whole tour.
The uprising museum is worth a look.
The piwpaw bar with 120 different beers on tap was worth a visit.πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ»
Tortilla factory was jammers even I got there bout 4, couldn't get a space at the bar so went to zabka and got a few bottles, was grand after that.
Well done again lads, no auld sh*te happened and we go again.
ybig.πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Edited by greenlad - 16 Oct 2015 at 10:14pm
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2015 at 10:16pm

Also the singing for the national anthem was about 2 seconds ahead of the music, drink must have been a factor.

Any chance Gerk, Count or Hoskins could organise a YBIG choir lesson the week before the playoff to get us all in sync? 
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2015 at 10:17pm
Did the Warsaw Uprising Museum myself. Was a massive queue to get in. Didn't get to see the 3D movie thoughCry
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
greenlad View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2015 at 10:36pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Did the Warsaw Uprising Museum myself. Was a massive queue to get in. Didn't get to see the 3D movie thoughCry

The 3d movie is the same one they show in Berlin.
greenlad View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2015 at 10:39pm
The service in the restaurants and bars was not on a par with here.
Very slow.
Stayed in raddisson central and actually had to open my own beer withy lighter. FFS.
Gave out about at check out and was told"it was a very busy weekend sir"πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2015 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by greenlad greenlad wrote:

The service in the restaurants and bars was not on a par with here.
Very slow.
Stayed in raddisson central and actually had to open my own beer withy lighter. FFS.
Gave out about at check out and was told"it was a very busy weekend sir"πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Ah stop,we were in the Bierhalle around the corner from the Tortilla Factory on Sunday,group of 8 of us,3 lads had their food finished by the time 4 of us got ours.The last poor f*cker was waiting for 45 mins for his.Meself and another lad got the hot chicken which was lukewarm at best.Waitresses were crackers though Wink
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2015 at 10:49pm

Music accompanying it was stupendous, never heard it before it was just .... apt
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2015 at 10:52pm
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

Is the story about one of the Quinn towers true?!

Also trapped ffs

I am quite shocked now Shocked after having met the said towers in Andorra, they seemed from good christian stock
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Sligo Hornet View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Runner Up, Branson lookalike 2003

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2015 at 10:57pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

Is the story about one of the Quinn towers true?!

Also trapped ffs

Β 
I am quite shocked now ShockedΒ after having met the said towers in Andorra, they seemed from good christian stock

same stock as you and Saint Tom.... and me for that matter πŸ˜‰
icebhoy5 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icebhoy5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2015 at 11:03pm
ah some trip....still have the shakes....
Drank a heap of vodka on the Friday night and woke up Saturday with door in room wide open, wallet, flight tickets, match tickets on floor near door. Jeans hanging off the light shade and for some unknown and bizzare reason I put all my socks into the safe and locked it. Forgot the pin so had 1 pair of socks for the 4 days....
Spiderman me bollocks!
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2015 at 11:24pm
Originally posted by icebhoy5 icebhoy5 wrote:

Drank a heap of vodka on the Friday night and woke up Saturday with door in room wide open, wallet, flight tickets, match tickets on floor near door. Jeans hanging off the light shade and for some unknown and bizzare reason I put all my socks into the safe and locked it. Forgot the pin so had 1 pair of socks for the 4 days....
that the best you can manage? Fairly tame by your standards
icebhoy5 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icebhoy5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2015 at 10:48am
Since I brought the auld doll to faro I'm showing a more mature, caring and kinder approach to future away days!!!πŸ˜‚
Spiderman me bollocks!
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2015 at 12:40pm

Since I brought the auld doll to faro I'm showing a more mature, caring and kinder approach to future away days!!!πŸ˜‚
you mean she cracked the whip and laid down the law. She doesnt want you going down the route of a certain other lad who misplaced an expensive bit of kit......
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2015 at 1:48pm
I bring the missus to 1 game per campaign.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2015 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Music accompanying it was stupendous, never heard it before it was just .... apt
Same as you NR the music was haunting i think that is the best word for it .
NR now i have lived a somewhat sheltered life as that was the first time i have " ever " seen a 3D movie i was expecting something to jump out at me and it didn't happen , all very disappointed i must say .
Caught TJ heading in while we were going out Thumbs Up

Ohhh NR one thing that did shock me about the movie were the stats at the end as it said pre 1939 Warsaw had a population of 1.3 million and at the end of Oct 1944 it has less that 1000 

Edited by Claret Murph - 17 Oct 2015 at 1:54pm
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Scamper View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2015 at 5:10pm

Gas man. And got your passport back after a few days missing hahaha
====#Everywhere you play, We'll Follow====
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 31323334>
  Share Topic