You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

*****Warning Brogans Pub Poznan*****

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2012 at 7:16pm
BUMP

And U-Honziga pub as well.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=364980273563628&id=113777231983918

Sponsored Links

Mr.Polska View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr.Polska Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2012 at 7:49pm
Originally posted by heighway2heaven heighway2heaven wrote:

BUMP

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=364980273563628&id=113777231983918

Dunno about Brogans but I had been at "u Honzika" during my last visit to Poznan (last november) and it certainly didn't look like skin bar. 
Actually it was one of the best Czech styled pubs i've ever been to.
heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2012 at 9:10pm
Originally posted by Mr.Polska Mr.Polska wrote:

Originally posted by heighway2heaven heighway2heaven wrote:

BUMP

Dunno about Brogans but I had been at "u Honzika" during my last visit to Poznan (last november) and it certainly didn't look like skin bar. 
Actually it was one of the best Czech styled pubs i've ever been to.

I'm led to believe it's more to do with the ownership, Mr.P.
reddie30 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddie30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2012 at 9:25am
bratislava was not great and the dubliner after the match,bouncers just wanted to fight
Redboy View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2012 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by mactifosi mactifosi wrote:

This is no longer an Irish pub.
They are only keeping the name until after the Euros, so they can try cash in on Irish fans.

The bar is now mostly a skinhead bar as in right wing , non-white people are not welcome.

Irish fans should avoid this place unfortunately.
I found out last night that Irish people have been attacked there.

I stopped going there a few years ago as it was going to the dogs and didn't reallise how serious the situation has become there.

Check out the review below. They've obviously heard that there's some negative publicity going around about them among Irish fans at the minute and have had their PR man flat out on the internet posting some very favourable reviews. He also made sure to post this one four times just to be on the safe side!

http://www.poznan-life.com/drink/pubs_cafes_details/170-Brogan%27s

The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2012 at 4:07pm
The Dubliner ids a decent bar
Klub Alibi around the corner is quality
mactifosi View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mactifosi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2012 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

The Dubliner ids a decent bar
Klub Alibi around the corner is quality

second that
http://pinterest.com/mactifosi/lech-poznan/
Andkend View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andkend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2012 at 9:02pm
I don't know where all this skinhead stuff came from -

I regularly go to Brogans for a pint of murphys and a game of pool, I have also watched lots of Irish matches there -

I think there was a split in the owning partnership- to be honest its a much nicer bar than the Dubliner and they actually have a session there, I have never seen an Irish session in the Dubliner - Brogans is very like a pub back home, lots of nooks and cranies, a pool table - Guinness and Murphys -

It has changed hands but I never saw any skin heads or anything like that there - it think you are being set up dudes and maybe some other IRISH bar is trying to taint their name.

I have no idea if the owner is irish but the place is full of GAA jerseys e.t.c nice pub for a pint and a game of pool and a good big screen down the back.
soccerc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soccerc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2012 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by Andkend Andkend wrote:

I don't know where all this skinhead stuff came from -

I regularly go to Brogans for a pint of murphys and a game of pool, I have also watched lots of Irish matches there -

I think there was a split in the owning partnership- to be honest its a much nicer bar than the Dubliner and they actually have a session there, I have never seen an Irish session in the Dubliner - Brogans is very like a pub back home, lots of nooks and cranies, a pool table - Guinness and Murphys -

It has changed hands but I never saw any skin heads or anything like that there - it think you are being set up dudes and maybe some other IRISH bar is trying to taint their name.

I have no idea if the owner is irish but the place is full of GAA jerseys e.t.c nice pub for a pint and a game of pool and a good big screen down the back.

Information is from Consular sources and has been verified

Pub was sold late last year and was to be renovated until Ireland were drawn in Poznan with new owner deciding to cash in by retaining the name.
Andkend View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andkend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2012 at 11:31pm
totally shocked by this - it was a grand place - I played pool there 2 weeks ago and had a pint of Murphys. Nothing has changed, of course I heard talk that two owners had fallen out with each other one had bought the other out and the other had set up an Irish bar on Garbary -

Most of the crowd down the back is Polish alright, it was a good place to watch matches.

domo View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote domo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2012 at 11:42pm
I was warned about the Dubliner in Slovakia on this site which i ignored and there was killings in the pub my dad got a bit of a fright.So lesson learned if your been warned about a pub by ybiger stay well clear Thumbs Up
Shake and Bake
Mark1 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2012 at 11:51pm
The Square in Poznan will be our pub!! LOLSmile Hope you dont ''Fall Over'' again! hahahahahaha!!
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2012 at 2:04am

Will there be a pub in Poznan showing the Cork-Kerry and Armagh-Tyrone matches next Sunday? Read something on another thread about one of the pubs there possibly showing them. Anybody know the name of this pub?

Andkend View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andkend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2012 at 5:35am
Its hard to watch the GAA matches - alot of Irish pubs are Irish in name only - The Dubliner is a very nice bar good food at good prices but I have never seen an Irish session, they have a good student crowd becuase its near the university on ul, Fredry - but your more likely to hear Karaoke than Irish music or see a GAA match, but the Irish community exists here but its not enough keep a bar in business. The Dubliner is a lovely bar ver spacious with a really nice beer garden - it will be a great spot for the euro - Shame about Brogans, its very like the Brogue in cork, nooks and cranies, a pool table, there is a small stage and venue at the back, they always had a good vibe for Irish internationals.

The sheraton Hotel is a very good sports bar - one of the few places that covers Irish rugby internationals, they have Setanta sport so that might be an option if there is enough of a crowd they will show it. They can show different matches on different screens -

finbarrk View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote finbarrk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2012 at 11:53am
The Brogans bar have some sort of twinning thing done with Brogans Bar in Ennis. It mightn't be that bad a spot.
mactifosi View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mactifosi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2012 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by Andkend Andkend wrote:

Its hard to watch the GAA matches - alot of Irish pubs are Irish in name only - The Dubliner is a very nice bar good food at good prices but I have never seen an Irish session, they have a good student crowd becuase its near the university on ul, Fredry - but your more likely to hear Karaoke than Irish music or see a GAA match, but the Irish community exists here but its not enough keep a bar in business. The Dubliner is a lovely bar ver spacious with a really nice beer garden - it will be a great spot for the euro - Shame about Brogans, its very like the Brogue in cork, nooks and cranies, a pool table, there is a small stage and venue at the back, they always had a good vibe for Irish internationals.

The sheraton Hotel is a very good sports bar - one of the few places that covers Irish rugby internationals, they have Setanta sport so that might be an option if there is enough of a crowd they will show it. They can show different matches on different screens -

In the beginning Brogans really was a great spot for the craic.
We have some great sessions in there, plenty of traditional music with lads coming over from Ireland to play and Irish dancing.

Lukasz (now Tanners) and the Irish Society were the ones driving it.
The other co-owners were/are his friends.

Sadly this guy who now seems to be controlling Brogans has had a dose of his medicine.
I've been told he was out fighting some 'anti-fascist gang' with his gang and got very badly injured - I hope that is a wake up call to him.

Is the Sheraton still pricey, used to be 15zl a pint in there?
But now that Canal+ have the rugby, all the bars can show it.

It used to be that only Dom Vikingow would let us watch it - but they were always over charging us, adding extra beers on to our receipts, very bad form, especially as one of the Irish lads got them the Sky card so we could watch the football and the rugby.

Edited by mactifosi - 06 Jun 2012 at 12:29pm
http://pinterest.com/mactifosi/lech-poznan/
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2012 at 12:35pm
I know for a fact I am going to end up in this bar most days LOL
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
JCBoh View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JCBoh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2012 at 12:47pm
Thanks for that!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic