Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wales v Ireland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 30313233>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 11:23pm
Anyone else find that there seemed too be loads more in the away end than perhaps intended? With lads doubling up in the turnstiles there's one reason, but just seemed there was hardly any room to move in 123 and around.
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!
Sponsored Links

Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 11:37pm
Originally posted by Steve Amsterdam Steve Amsterdam wrote:

Anyone else find that there seemed too be loads more in the away end than perhaps intended? With lads doubling up in the turnstiles there's one reason, but just seemed there was hardly any room to move in 123 and around.

we were fine in 120 I think

Maybe you have put on a bit of weight Steve Smile, do your shirts feel tighter ?
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 11:48pm
We were right up the back of 123 and there was no space. Heading for the jacks just before half time and it was difficult to get down the steps it was so full.
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 12:01am
I didn't even look at my ticket after scanning it. Just found a decent spot on a stairway.
67% points to games ratio at the last Euro's (better than Portugal's)
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 12:03am
Originally posted by Steve Amsterdam Steve Amsterdam wrote:

Ya, fairly crowded alright, but still, no encounters with the seat nazis, all good LOL

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 12:30am
Stood at the very back of 122 and had space around me.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 10:45am
Originally posted by orourkeda orourkeda wrote:

Any truth in these tranny story rumours?

If so I'm bullin'.

What's this now?
tony grealish View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony grealish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 11:36am
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

Originally posted by TioPepe TioPepe wrote:

Work to be done. Enjoy tonight, fantastic achievement getting out of a group with Serbia, Wales and Austria and of course Georgia.

But we've a huge play off game now ahead,we've proven we can mix it with anyone. McCarthy, Long, Coleman and Johnny Walters to come back into the side next month. 

Martin O'Neill has killed the hodoo of we cant perform away with wins in Austria and Wales this campaign.

The only side to win in Wales. The only major side to not win a key home game.
The only side to win in Austria. The only major side not to win in Georgia.

It was a mad campaign with 4 sides of roughly the same ability. We should have won it, had enough chances to, and it'll be a very long time before we have a group as weak as this to qualify from again.

Wales showed what they are, an average limited side with nothing to be scared of, who big time bottled it when the heat was on. They haven't made a WC in 60 years, and are by some distance the weakest top seeds we've faced in at least 30 years. They haven't beaten us in 25 years, haven't scored in 10, yet we approached both games treating them as if they were Germany or Spain. We had 1 shot on target at home and 2 away. Possession was replaced by aggression, and the card count kept piling up. Meyler got himself stupidly booked in injury time and is now suspended, McClean was lucky to stay on the pitch late on. Both could have been off and neither could have complained. Brady may still face his third suspension of the campaign.

Despite it, we held on comfortably enough, but we haven't qualified for anything yet. There are plenty of sides in the playoffs, most of them just wandered off the pitch, (including the brits in green making it for the first time) the tournament just goes on for at least another month, as it does for us. So I'll save the celebrations for when we actually qualify for the finals themselves, like the rest of the world does.

Sure you will chief.LOL

We could win the world cup beating England in the final with a last minute winner and you'd still be on here whining. Take a day off ya f*cking aulwan.

''I've had a rough night and I hate the f**kin eagles, man!!''
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 11:46am
Originally posted by tony grealish tony grealish wrote:

Originally posted by TioPepe TioPepe wrote:

Work to be done. Enjoy tonight, fantastic achievement getting out of a group with Serbia, Wales and Austria and of course Georgia.

But we've a huge play off game now ahead,we've proven we can mix it with anyone. McCarthy, Long, Coleman and Johnny Walters to come back into the side next month. 

Martin O'Neill has killed the hodoo of we cant perform away with wins in Austria and Wales this campaign.

The only side to win in Wales. The only major side to not win a key home game.
The only side to win in Austria. The only major side not to win in Georgia.

It was a mad campaign with 4 sides of roughly the same ability. We should have won it, had enough chances to, and it'll be a very long time before we have a group as weak as this to qualify from again.

Wales showed what they are, an average limited side with nothing to be scared of, who big time bottled it when the heat was on. They haven't made a WC in 60 years, and are by some distance the weakest top seeds we've faced in at least 30 years. They haven't beaten us in 25 years, haven't scored in 10, yet we approached both games treating them as if they were Germany or Spain. We had 1 shot on target at home and 2 away. Possession was replaced by aggression, and the card count kept piling up. Meyler got himself stupidly booked in injury time and is now suspended, McClean was lucky to stay on the pitch late on. Both could have been off and neither could have complained. Brady may still face his third suspension of the campaign.

Despite it, we held on comfortably enough, but we haven't qualified for anything yet. There are plenty of sides in the playoffs, most of them just wandered off the pitch, (including the brits in green making it for the first time) the tournament just goes on for at least another month, as it does for us. So I'll save the celebrations for when we actually qualify for the finals themselves, like the rest of the world does.

Sure you will chief.LOL

We could win the world cup beating England in the final with a last minute winner and you'd still be on here whining. Take a day off ya f*cking aulwan.

I get the impression we could thrash Brazil 10-0 in the world cup final and he'd still be on here moaning about how it should have been 30-0. LOL
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by OnTheOneRoad OnTheOneRoad wrote:

Originally posted by darragh90 darragh90 wrote:

Apart from the goal it was great to witness that Welsh anthem. Hairs on the back of the neck moment fairplay to them. Wish we could try something similar in lansdowne for the playoff

Thought this myself but it wouldn't suit our anthem as an uptempo militaristic march style song. Suits theirs which is basically a church hymn

Yes, Land Of My Fathers wasn't written as a national anthem but was a traditional folk song / choral piece that became increasingly popular in the 19th century and was eventually adopted as the anthem.

The Soldiers Song is much more militaristic and 'revolutionary' sounding, two very different types of songs.
orourkeda View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orourkeda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 4:32pm
https://www.orourkeda.blog

Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 9:50pm
Usual blog on the trip and game for those interested, enjoy reliving it!
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 9:59pm
Is the full match available anywhere?
Missus never recorded it👊
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 10:00pm
Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

There you go, good bumping into you Monday night!
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Guf10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
...fond of the jar.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guf10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 10:31pm
Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

Rte player Ger. You even make an appearance on the box during the game.
2 in a row, 2 in a row, 2 in a row

OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 9:39am
I forgot I took this picture....
Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 9:42am
I like the advert on the right (Fosters) Good Call oh the irony LOL
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
Fanad Header View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fanad Header Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 2:26pm

You sound a right laugh.
Can I go the next game with you please..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 30313233>
  Share Topic