You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wales v Ireland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 33>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 10:46pm
Wales have the initiative, they have all the confidence. We have no right to win this game, no real expectation. And this is why we will win. Backs to the wall, big under dogs going over to Britain and beating the amazing Euro2016 semi-finalists in their own backyard. 2-1 Ireland.
Sponsored Links

The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 10:47pm
With the way O'Neill was talking in his post-match interview, I don't expect Hoolahan to start. I reckon either Arter or more likely Brady will take up his position as the advanced midfielder.
We're decent enough..
Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 10:49pm
Huge game and hopefully the permutations in the next few days go in our favour. If they dont then we have Ukraine vs Croatia hopefully a draw the same night as us or the 183/1 shot. We beat Wales and Georgia beat Serbia. I think this will be the team:

Randolph

Christie
Duffy
Clark
Ward

Meyler

McClean
Arter
Hendrick
Brady

Murphy

4-1-4-1 formation. Not saying thats what I would go with but I think this is the side MON will pick.

Edit: pubes has informed me it is infact a 183/1 double.

Edited by Stickittotheman - 06 Oct 2017 at 10:58pm
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
Yanto 58 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yanto 58 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 10:52pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Wales v EIRE I predict will be the ugliest and nastiest game of soccer ball ever witnesses. The football will be attrocious and I predict 2 sendings off. A horrible 0-0 spectacle.

Its actually quite hard to argue with this.....except we will change formation in second half after the..ehem...roughing up....and play football

Edited by Yanto 58 - 06 Oct 2017 at 10:52pm
Pubes View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pubes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 10:52pm
183/1 with Paddy Power that double...
Georgia are 50/1 to win
raclle View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

I love points

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raclle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 10:55pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

With the way O'Neill was talking in his post-match interview, I don't expect Hoolahan to start. I reckon either Arter or more likely Brady will take up his position as the advanced midfielder.
Hasn't Brady already proved he cant play that role and hes not much better on the wing either. I'd start him left back.
Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 10:58pm
Originally posted by Pubes Pubes wrote:

183/1 with Paddy Power that double...
Georgia are 50/1 to win

Edited
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
armahibee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote armahibee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 11:01pm
Its just one game, we can win and make the playoffs whether we deserve too or not, I'm traveling with hope and expectation!!!
greenmachine68 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenmachine68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 11:02pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Do not be surprised to see Whelan start. 
hes better than meyler IMO. if it was a choice between the 2 id have whelan. Id like okane to get his chance but it seems its not happening.

Think you right GD. Even though we need a win. I think O'Neill will still be cagey for the first hour.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 11:04pm
Originally posted by Yanto 58 Yanto 58 wrote:

Wales v EIRE I predict will be the ugliest and nastiest game of soccer ball ever witnesses. The football will be attrocious and I predict 2 sendings off. A horrible 0-0 spectacle.

Its actually quite hard to argue with this.....except we will change formation in second half after the..ehem...roughing up....and play football

Yes roughing them up will be the game plan. It will be Scotland Mark II. You know Keane in particular will be in their ears telling them to clatter into them and it will descend into an ugly battle with fights breaking out all over the pitch. It will be a battle first and the football will be scrappy.

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 11:14pm
Logic says winning in Cardiff will be a bit too much of an ask, but then there's.....................................
MON's luck. Cool

Irish2011 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 11:17pm

Originally posted by Yanto 58 Yanto 58 wrote:

I miss the days of trap and all the wonderful football we played.

Yes roughing them up will be the game plan. It will be Scotland Mark II. You know Keane in particular will be in their ears telling them to clatter into them and it will descend into an ugly battle with fights breaking out all over the pitch. It will be a battle first and the football will be scrappy.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 11:18pm
I miss the days of finishing 2nd in groups

Irish2011 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 11:20pm

last world cup campaign?
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 11:24pm
Wales - Bale and Taylor obviously in particular - made some atrocious tackles in Dublin, so to suggest it'll be Ireland dragging Wales down and into a physical battle isn't really reflection of what most reasonable observers should expect, going by the previous match.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 11:25pm
Originally posted by Irish2011 Irish2011 wrote:

last world cup campaign?

Yes hopefully its ONeills last world cup campaign

Edited by Trap junior - 06 Oct 2017 at 11:28pm

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 11:41pm
Reckon we will concede and scoring 2 away from Home is a big ask.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 11:45pm
I'd give us more of a chance if Wales only needed a draw and they played with caution and we nicked a goal. The fact that they know they need to win to a) give them an outside chance of topping the group or b) get the last play-off place, I think them needing to win will mean we may get a bit of a battering and Wales can attack. We may be able to hold them off and even get a goal of our own, but they will keep coming the whole game. It kinda has the feeling to me that we are starting from -1 if that makes any sense

I'd love to think we could do it but I think as much as people do not like to admit it, Wales are a better side than us, not as big of a gap without Bale but still a small level up and they are the home side.

Edited by t_rAndy - 06 Oct 2017 at 11:47pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 33>
  Share Topic