You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wales - Nations League - Travel & Accomm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5051525354 55>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabrieléire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2018 at 2:42pm
can’t wait for this now. Loving the double away game weekend. 
Sponsored Links

Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2018 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by Gabrieléire Gabrieléire wrote:

are you doing the full week? Still undecided on whether to go back to Dublin after Cardiff or somewhere in between.
davereilly View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davereilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2018 at 8:07pm
Originally posted by Salzburglilly Salzburglilly wrote:

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Originally posted by Salzburglilly Salzburglilly wrote:

KLM  fly  Munich to Cardiff or maybe i will go to Stanstead with Ryanair and look at options from there.

Flights to Bristol is an option also bud. You can get a train or even a bus from Airport to Cardiff City Centre in about 90 mins.

As are Southampton and Birmingham Airports : Easily get to Cardiff on the train from both.

Don't think there is any  October  flights to those destinations from Salzburg though lads.

SAS had Stuttgart to Manchester via Copenhagen for a steal (about 80€), you might get the same from Salzburg or maybe Munich
Gabrieléire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabrieléire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 7:23am
Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

Originally posted by Gabrieléire Gabrieléire wrote:

are you doing the full week? Still undecided on whether to go back to Dublin after Cardiff or somewhere in between.

Haven’t quite decided yet. Have a friend who just moved to Cardiff for her job so might stay with her for the weekend and fly to Wroclaw from Bristol. Will decide by the end of this week. 
CaroG View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaroG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2018 at 3:05pm
Is it cheaper to book the National Express online in advance than buy a ticket on the day from Bristol airport to Cardiff? It's £13 now
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2018 at 4:53pm
Yeah, it should be. Check the train as well on nationalrail.co.uk, which includes the bus from the airport to the train station.
CaroG View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaroG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2018 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Yeah, it should be. Check the train as well on nationalrail.co.uk, which includes the bus from the airport to the train station.
If you book a train including bus and your flight is late is there any way of getting on later train then without paying again?
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2018 at 10:06pm
If you book an advance fare, no. If you book an off-peak fare, you should be grand - I think they only have "peak" fares in the morning, not in the evening.

It might be cheaper to book an advance ticket from Bristol Temple Meads to Cardiff, then get the bus ticket separately when you land. However, that does run the risk of the advance ticket being worthless if you miss the train.
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2018 at 12:01am
May be applicable or not for connections at other uk airports

I know that  From Manchester airport with trans pennine  you can change to a later train if your flight has been delayed. .you need to get the ticket stamped at their info desk .

Steve Amsterdam View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2018 at 9:26am
If anyone is looking for accommodation, I now have 3 rooms in the 3* Angel Hotel on Castle street for the night of matchday. So the 6th. 
75 euro and held on booking.com so easy to change the name over.

Otherwise I'll cancel them for free after the weekend. 
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!
Jasonic View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jasonic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 8:41pm
2 spares. Face value. Let me know if anyone wants.
cardwizzard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardwizzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 9:07pm
Originally posted by Steve Amsterdam Steve Amsterdam wrote:

If anyone is looking for accommodation, I now have 3 rooms in the 3* Angel Hotel on Castle street for the night of matchday. So the 6th. 
75 euro and held on booking.com so easy to change the name over.

Otherwise I'll cancel them for free after the weekend. 

pm sent 
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 11:52am
Anyone any decent priced accommodation left they've to cancel around Saint Mary's Street ? 
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 2:42pm
Anyone on here on the early 6:35 Bristol Ryanair flight Wednesday. 
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
brendy_éire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brendy_éire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

Anyone any decent priced accommodation left they've to cancel around Saint Mary's Street ? 

Ibis Budget is still fairly reasonably priced.
City Till I Die
Glen87 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glen87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2018 at 4:42pm

Edited by Glen87 - 27 Aug 2018 at 4:43pm
Glen87 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glen87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2018 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by Jasonic Jasonic wrote:

2 spares. Face value. Let me know if anyone wants.

I'll take them if still going? 
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2018 at 5:16pm
Have the one spare myself if anyone wants it, precious buyer well through due to family circumstances 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5051525354 55>
  Share Topic