You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wales - Nations League - General Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 49505152>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2020 at 5:56pm
I did both routes for first match. Give me Rosslare route anytime. Cardiff to Holyhead is very scenic but road not so great and takes nearly 5 hours. 
Sponsored Links

SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2020 at 6:12pm
You need to make sure the times match up okay in Rosslare. You'll probably need to get a bus from Dublin to Rosslare.

The times match up better at Holyhead than Rosslare but the train journey on that side is a fair bit longer.
Tyronebhoy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyronebhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2020 at 6:45pm
If Flybe go down tubes, which looks likely, that will bugger direct flight from Belfast Shocked
Northmen, Southmen, Comrades All
Cliftonville7Ireland View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cliftonville7Ireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2020 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by Tyronebhoy Tyronebhoy wrote:

If Flybe go down tubes, which looks likely, that will bugger direct flight from Belfast Shocked
was planning that one to, anything from Dublin?
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2020 at 9:32pm
We went through London last time and rented car. Not sure what way I will approach it. It's last on my list of priority games but I'll see. Friday night be mental.

We walked out to the ground the last time, was langers > so was fine 

Was sober walking home > HORRENDOUS
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2020 at 9:34pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

You need to make sure the times match up okay in Rosslare. You'll probably need to get a bus from Dublin to Rosslare.

The times match up better at Holyhead than Rosslare but the train journey on that side is a fair bit longer.

What's ball park figure for ferry?
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2020 at 9:51pm
Annoying Americanisms aside, why are you using the ’greater than’ symbol? 
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2020 at 11:00pm
Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

We went through London last time and rented car. Not sure what way I will approach it. It's last on my list of priority games but I'll see. Friday night be mental.

We walked out to the ground the last time, was langers > so was fine 

Was sober walking home > HORRENDOUS
Walked to the ground with a bag of cans at the game when McClean got the winner for us a couple of years ago. Was a few cans left when we got to the ground so we decided to hide them underneath a parked car beside the ground. By the time we left the stadium that night we were nearly certain the car would probably be gone and some Welsh lads drinking our cans but to our surprise it was the only car still there in that part of the car park. With cans intact, we celebrated like McClean had scored again and walked back to the city centre with our celebratory cans 
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2020 at 12:37am

The San Francisco Giants play within sight of the Pacific, so probably the best ball park to see a ferry from.

It's €50 each way, give or take, including the train. It's a bit more from Cork, including the train to Dublin. If you're coming from Cork, because the train to Dublin is so much faster than the bus to Rosslare, it almost makes more sense to go via Dublin. But if you can drive to Rosslare and park, go that way.

If you're going via Dublin, it doesn't matter which one you use. But if you're going via Rosslare, *definitely* use Stena because it goes to Fishguard and the rail station is right by the ferry terminal. The info you want is here: https://www.seat61.com/Ireland.htm

For Rosslare, it's about 80% of the way down the page. If you're going with Stena, you probably need to book it over the phone and you'd need to be on the 8am boat from Rosslare - so you'd need a way to be there for about seven, to make sure you make check in. Don't get the evening boat unless you fancy a night in Swansea instead of Cardiff (the times don't work for getting to Cardiff).

Edited by SuperDave84 - 06 Mar 2020 at 12:41am
mouldymould View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mouldymould Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2020 at 9:06am
Looking at the ferry and train myself from Rosslare, €50 for a 36 hour return on the ferry and €25 return for the advance ticket train to Cardiff. Times not too bad, 90 minute wait for the train to Cardiff and 40 minute wait for the ferry back.

Edited by mouldymould - 06 Mar 2020 at 9:07am
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2020 at 7:11pm

The San Francisco Giants play within sight of the Pacific, so probably the best ball park to see a ferry from.

It's €50 each way, give or take, including the train. It's a bit more from Cork, including the train to Dublin. If you're coming from Cork, because the train to Dublin is so much faster than the bus to Rosslare, it almost makes more sense to go via Dublin. But if you can drive to Rosslare and park, go that way.

If you're going via Dublin, it doesn't matter which one you use. But if you're going via Rosslare, *definitely* use Stena because it goes to Fishguard and the rail station is right by the ferry terminal. The info you want is here: https://www.seat61.com/Ireland.htm

For Rosslare, it's about 80% of the way down the page. If you're going with Stena, you probably need to book it over the phone and you'd need to be on the 8am boat from Rosslare - so you'd need a way to be there for about seven, to make sure you make check in. Don't get the evening boat unless you fancy a night in Swansea instead of Cardiff (the times don't work for getting to Cardiff).

Cheers SD, unreal info as always. What's Swansea like?
irish_goat View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_goat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2020 at 7:39pm

Cheers SD, unreal info as always. What's Swansea like?

A dump. 
DaveyBhoy View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveyBhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2020 at 12:06pm
Just a heads up for anyone thinking of taking the ferry route, Stena are doing a cut price deal at the moment. Today is the last day of the sale. Foot passanger tickets available for €7 each way.

https://www.stenaline.ie/supersaver
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2020 at 1:26am
Ryanair changed my flights by more than 3 hours, refund process underway.
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2020 at 1:50am
Good stuff Sham. Thumbs Up

It's almost a novelty now to see any of the travel threads being bumped these days. We should have been planning for a trip to Helsinki by this stage. Cry
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2020 at 1:54am
yeah bittersweet but I’d wrote off getting this money back.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2020 at 8:26am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Easyjet changed my revised outbound flight so will get a refund then but original Ryanair return on the Saturday still showing . If that's all I lose with the guts of 10 trips affect I will be happy enough
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2020 at 8:39am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Easyjet changed my revised outbound flight so will get a refund then but original Ryanair return on the Saturday still showing . If that's all I lose with the guts of 10 trips affect I will be happy enough
Edit - just got a schedule change through bit sneaky  - I checked my flights yesterday and it said at 8.05 depart which I thought was a bit early  - my originals were a 14.00 dep so refund applied for

Edit - advised refunds from march will be with me in 5-7 days

Edited by Newryrep - 25 Sep 2020 at 9:27am
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 49505152>
  Share Topic