You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wales - Nations League - General Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3435363738 52>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

[QUOTE=armahibee]Love to go back prob book a hotel with free cancellation but won't travel without a ticket!![/QUOTE]

do people think tickets will be an issue on a Thursday night ?
I would be very surprised if this game sold out. I think because there is a bit of interest on here for the competition they are completely misjudging the appeal it has elsewhere. It is being treated as somewhat of a joke over here and I can't really see that changing before it kicks off. 
I would expect a crowd of around 20k at the game and little difficulty for away fans.
Sponsored Links

ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 10:10pm
Missed it last time around as I was away so looking forward to heading over and not in the slightest bit concerned about tickets. Can't see there being any issue.

YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 10:19pm
might just head from London day of the match though have 2 nights booked -  might alter as begrudge losing 3 leave days for Cardiff for this
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Steve Amsterdam View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 11:05pm
In and out job I reckon. Arrive morning of the match, back out next afternoon. 1 night in Cardiff will do lol
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!
El_nino View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Santa Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote El_nino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2018 at 9:08am

might just head from London day of the match though have 2 nights booked -  might alter as begrudge losing 3 leave days for Cardiff for this

+1. Thinking along similar lines myself
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2018 at 9:55am
6th September- good can weather you would imagine Beer
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2018 at 10:16am
Originally posted by El_nino El_nino wrote:

+1. Thinking along similar lines myself

And me also. Will work the morning of the game, same as the last time, and get the train from here around 1.30pm.

mandrake View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mandrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2018 at 10:53am
Originally posted by bogball88 bogball88 wrote:

great can weather... looking forward to it
Come on Irelind
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2018 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

[QUOTE=armahibee]Love to go back prob book a hotel with free cancellation but won't travel without a ticket!![/QUOTE]

I would be very surprised if this game sold out. I think because there is a bit of interest on here for the competition they are completely misjudging the appeal it has elsewhere. It is being treated as somewhat of a joke over here and I can't really see that changing before it kicks off. 
I would expect a crowd of around 20k at the game and little difficulty for away fans.

Is "overhere" England? If yes then it's very easy to see how it's viewed as a joke. Any country that usually qualifies with ease will view it as such. The teams from pots b, c, and d do not have that luxury however, and need to take seriously any method that is put in place to achieve qualification.
willmcc83 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willmcc83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2018 at 12:29pm
Aside from the fact you can qualify for the Euros; the Nations League also gives us the opportunity to win something. A lot of people seem to be missing this fact..

Time To Get Behind Mick & The Team
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2018 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by willmcc83 willmcc83 wrote:

Aside from the fact you can qualify for the Euros; the Nations League also gives us the opportunity to win something. A lot of people seem to be missing this fact..

Only the teams in the division A can win tht Nations League . The team below can only get promoted

Edited by Charlton's Child - 25 Jan 2018 at 12:33pm
randyrandolph View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randyrandolph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2018 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by bogball88 bogball88 wrote:

wales in september. too hot for me, f00k that 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2018 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

Is "overhere" England? If yes then it's very easy to see how it's viewed as a joke. Any country that usually qualifies with ease will view it as such. The teams from pots b, c, and d do not have that luxury however, and need to take seriously any method that is put in place to achieve qualification.

Yeah, there is no other reason it could be seen as farcical at all. Absolutely none!
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2018 at 2:12pm

Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

Yeah, there is no other reason it could be seen as farcical at all. Absolutely none!

The point stands that for countries such as ourselves, given our qualification history, we are not in a position to be looking down our noses at the Nation's League. I'm not saying it's perfect by any means, but it's far better than playing friendlies with nothing at stake.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2018 at 2:17pm
Every competition has to start somewhere, If it works then great. If not, well something different was tried that provided at least something to play for that menat a little more than winning /losing a friendly. S woth everything else in life, there will be those that moan and complain and dont give it a chance.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2018 at 2:28pm
I have long wanted an end to international friendlies, but as far as I see it, it is far worse! That is what is mainly being mocked in the media here is the overly convoluted system of tying two tournaments together to get from 55 to 24 and the bizarre logic of a team from Group D of the NL qualifying for the Euros themselves. This is made even more bizarre by the fact that there are 8-10 teams nailed on to qualify for the Euros anyway.
In fact, if anything, this bollocksology makes it even more difficult for ourselves to qualify, although we at least get two goes at failing.
An absolute farce that undermines the whole tournament.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2018 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Every competition has to start somewhere, If it works then great. If not, well something different was tried that provided at least something to play for that menat a little more than winning /losing a friendly. S woth everything else in life, there will be those that moan and complain and dont give it a chance.

But why not just leave it stand alone? Make sure the games are treated as competitive for ranking points and the like, why get it involved with the Euros? Why should Albania's recent relative success mean nearby teams who have comparatively failed, such as Macedonia, be given a better chance to qualify. The whole thing is a farce, one that I believe has been created to undermine international football deliberately.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2018 at 2:42pm

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

But why not just leave it stand alone? Make sure the games are treated as competitive for ranking points and the like, why get it involved with the Euros? Why should Albania's recent relative success mean nearby teams who have comparatively failed, such as Macedonia, be given a better chance to qualify. The whole thing is a farce, one that I believe has been created to undermine international football deliberately.
Id love a proper stand alone league format also. Id imagine the major bar to this is the international calendar and creating a format that does not draw the ire of clubs who ulimately pay the wages. All im saying is its the starting point of something different and time will ultimately tell whether it works or not. For the record, given the apparent indifference at best of a lot of nations and fans alike, id imagine it will fail, but theres always a chane it will grow and maybe develop into something very worthwhile.

Personally speaking, as someone that has no club side to follow anymore, im very much open to giving it a chance and getting to see Ireland in more competitive games.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3435363738 52>
  Share Topic