You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wales Away, Oct 9th 2017 - Ticket Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 87>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manulike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 10:05pm
Thanks, @gspain - much appreciated

I have been reassured by three Irish fans that we should be getting at least another 1000 tickets - most likely, Cat1.
That still is only 8.5% compared to your 11% - but it will certainly allow the FAW to gain some credit back.

A source in FAW has confirmed that you are getting 3500 plus and extra 200 VIP/Disabled tickets

Very much looking forward to it (as well as to staying on and watching the Iceland match)

Edited by manulike - 18 Jan 2017 at 10:15pm
Sponsored Links

Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 10:46pm
Originally posted by manulike manulike wrote:

I have been reassured by three Irish fans that we should be getting at least another 1000 tickets - most likely, Cat1.
That still is only 8.5% compared to your 11% - but it will certainly allow the FAW to gain some credit back.

A source in FAW has confirmed that you are getting 3500 plus and extra 200 VIP/Disabled tickets

Very much looking forward to it (as well as to staying on and watching the Iceland match)

these are not extra tickets  they are the 200 tickets that the home FA is obliged to give to the away FA.

Certain FA just choose to not mention these lest people assume this is where the football family is supposed to get their tickets from -
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 11:15pm

I can see it now .,.. The man himself handing out tickets in a pub in Cardiff and a wheelchair to go with it to gain entry
manulike View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manulike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 11:41pm
Originally posted by Butch Butch wrote:

I can see it now .,.. The man himself handing out tickets in a pub in Cardiff and a wheelchair to go with it to gain entry

The phrase John needs to tell the lads at the pub is "Ambulant Disabled" - apparently, no wheelchair needed ;-)
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 7:49am

Enjoy your trip.  No ticket issues for Iceland.

We have a full series of domestic football on the 25th including St Pats v Shamrock Rovers in Dublin, Bray v Limerick (easily accessible on the DART).  There is also Cork v Dundalk (top 2 in 2016) but you'd probably need to overnight for that.   

Northern Ireland meet Norway on Sunday 26th (general sale on Feb 20th but you'd need to be quick).

kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 8:05am
Cork v Dundalk is a 3pm Kick off. No need to overnight will be a cracking athmosphere.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 8:21am

Some of the lads on your forum will lose the plot over the price of Cat1 tickets considering how upset they are at the price at Cat2 tickets.
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 10:00am
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Cork v Dundalk is a 3pm Kick off. No need to overnight will be a cracking athmosphere.

cheers my mistake assumed it would be saturday night.  
manulike View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manulike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 10:47pm
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

Some of the lads on your forum will lose the plot over the price of Cat1 tickets considering how upset they are at the price at Cat2 tickets.

You are not wrong there.
I can imagine that is the entire ploy by FAW, to actually make the remaining 1000 Welshmen happy to cough up 80 euro for their hard bargained tickets... We do only pay 80 pounds for all five home games, mind!

Edited by manulike - 19 Jan 2017 at 10:50pm
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2017 at 7:13am

You are not wrong there.
I can imagine that is the entire ploy by FAW, to actually make the remaining 1000 Welshmen happy to cough up 80 euro for their hard bargained tickets... We do only pay 80 pounds for all five home games, mind!
How much are tickets for away fans at CCFC for international games ?
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
manulike View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manulike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2017 at 10:34pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

You are not wrong there.
How much are tickets for away fans at CCFC for international games ?

They are a mere 20 quid, plus 1 pound CC and handling fee.
I have no doubt in my mind that the FAI will charge you 30 euro for em...
Colum View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2017 at 12:15pm
Where is all of this talk of "go to Georgia and get a Wales voucher" coming from? And the number of 8k in Tbilisi?

One is as believable as the other without a source.

I'm not even sure if I should be putting this in the Georgia or the Wales thread but better here than the home tickets thread I suppose
manulike View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manulike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2017 at 9:22pm
Please forgive the off-topic posting again ;-)

I intend to stay on after the Wales match and was hoping to catch your Iceland match.
Looked at Ticket Master site today, and there are a few dozen 30 euro tix up in the Gods, and everything else is 40 euro.

Is that the norm for a friendly? Will there be tickets available on match-day (hopefully for 20 euro or so)?

Edited by manulike - 01 Feb 2017 at 9:22pm
greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2017 at 9:25pm

Please forgive the off-topic posting again ;-)

I intend to stay on after the Wales match and was hoping to catch your Iceland match.
Looked at Ticket Master site today, and there are a few dozen 30 euro tix up in the Gods, and everything else is 40 euro.

Is that the norm for a friendly? Will there be tickets available on match-day (hopefully for 20 euro or so)?

there will be lots of freebies floating around, always is for friendlies
I know nothing :-)
manulike View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manulike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2017 at 2:40pm
FAW ticket office confirming that all phase one tickets for Dublin game (2550) now sold and there are only 750 tickets left for phase 2 (to share among the 5k who are eligible). Phase 2 starts 10am Monday.

I can see plenty of opportunity for the Footballing Family to get rich on eBay
Jordi123 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jordi123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 2:43pm
Hi All,

Long time lurker and first time poster and all that. Seen on facebook this afternoon that a company called Party Rock Travel are advertising packages for this game so I contacted them wondering about a ticket (as their post was very vague).

Long story short, they reckon they are getting an allocation from the FAI but if you book the package now, it doesn't include the ticket. (it can just be added on).  Im just wondering has anyone used them and do you think they will actually get tickets from the FAI? Dont want to book a package and be left without a ticket.
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 9:03am
The only travel company that gets an allocation from the FAI is Abbey.
willmcc83 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willmcc83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 10:18am
Originally posted by Jordi123 Jordi123 wrote:

Hi All,

Long time lurker and first time poster and all that. Seen on facebook this afternoon that a company called Party Rock Travel are advertising packages for this game so I contacted them wondering about a ticket (as their post was very vague).

Long story short, they reckon they are getting an allocation from the FAI but if you book the package now, it doesn't include the ticket. (it can just be added on).  Im just wondering has anyone used them and do you think they will actually get tickets from the FAI? Dont want to book a package and be left without a ticket.
I would avoid - they are selling inflated packages in the hope of securing tickets through some indirect source
Time To Get Behind Mick & The Team
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 87>
  Share Topic