You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wales Away, Oct 9th 2017 - Ticket Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 87>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2016 at 9:20am
Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

Hold on, Abbey Travel get a cut of away tickets?

It is contracted that they get 15% that is 525 for Wales. They have a lot of regulars who would be entitled to tickets anyway.
Sponsored Links

Missy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2016 at 9:57am
Since Scotland now over 2 years ago things have changed for the better. A lot down to Crias promotion.
Since then Bosnia Belguim France Austria by and large the most deserving were sorted. Granted for France game the hardcore made life a little easier by going FMT. I will be shocked if the hardcore were not sorted for Cardiff all of them within our grouping. Human error might mean one or 2 are over looked but they hold back a few to rectify these errors then if any left they go to next on the list.
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2016 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

THIS IS NOT THE ISSUE , they are contractually obliged to receive 15% and I am sure they pay handsomely for it .

the issue is those resisting change from where we are to a fair and transparent scheme for ALL fans

That's a complete joke. You either go to the away games or you don't.

The only people that should be getting the tickets are those that go to away games and the season ticket holders. Every other person can shag off!
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2016 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by Missy Missy wrote:

Since Scotland now over 2 years ago things have changed for the better. A lot down to Crias promotion.
Since then Bosnia Belguim France Austria by and large the most deserving were sorted. Granted for France game the hardcore made life a little easier by going FMT. I will be shocked if the hardcore were not sorted for Cardiff all of them within our grouping. Human error might mean one or 2 are over looked but they hold back a few to rectify these errors then if any left they go to next on the list.

Missy one thing you are missing the whole point of what most independent travellers want which is a Transparent allocation and distribution scheme which ensures that all Fans are treated equally on their own individual record not just to sort out the hardcore.

Corkery Abbey are the FAI's official travel sponsor and pay for the privilege of being that so no one is taking issue with them. The other FA's hold back 5% for Sponsors,Players,Board Members and the football family.

At Present the genuine fans are getting 40% but I think it should be 80% with 15% for Abbey and 5% for the football family etc. but only if this system actually is fully transparent.

As it is a friend of those in power can get a ticket even if they are attending their first ever Ireland Game home or away as was the case in Scotland or if they are the sc's bus driver before someone who has a record going back to the 80's with the FAI.

One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2016 at 2:32pm

THIS IS NOT THE ISSUE , they are contractually obliged to receive 15% and I am sure they pay handsomely for it .

the issue is those resisting change from where we are to a fair and transparent scheme for ALL fans

The only people that should be getting the tickets are those that go to away games and the season ticket holders. Every other person can shag off!

Agree with Missy & NR here, this isn't an issue whatsoever. A lot of the Abbey crew are customers of theirs since they became the FAI travel partner, and were customers of previous partner Ray Treacy Travel before that. In my one experience of travelling with them (to the Faroes) I found them to be extremely professional & well run, I would have little doubt they keep track of their customers and allocate tickets accordingly. 

In any case, as NR pointed out, they presumably pay the FAI handsomely for this premium access, in that sense, they are no different to any other corporate sponsor of any team or sport you care to mention. Anyone willing to regularly pay their prices is welcome to a ticket in my opinion, and of all the categories, it is probably the only one where we know exactly where that 15% of tickets is actually going. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2016 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by Missy Missy wrote:

There is a bigger point missing here but i will agree about Cria,she is an absolute saint!
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
Missy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2017 at 8:06pm
That story in Wales is Bollocksology. The away allocation contacts were signed by both Associations in December as you all know. It must be a slow day in that hacks office unless he thinks FAW will breach a legally binding contact
manulike View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manulike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2017 at 5:29pm
This story still not going away.
The Welsh FSF demanding if Wales only get 3300 at the Aviva, to only allocate 2100 in return.

The Irish press make it sound like the Principality is a home option for us.
Last time we played there was March 2011 v England.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/international-soccer/fans-will-be-furious-about-it-welsh-supporters-not-happy-with-aviva-stadium-ticket-allocation-35367723.html
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2017 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by manulike manulike wrote:

This story still not going away.
The Welsh FSF demanding if Wales only get 3300 at the Aviva, to only allocate 2100 in return.

The Irish press make it sound like the Principality is a home option for us.
Last time we played there was March 2011 v England.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/international-soccer/fans-will-be-furious-about-it-welsh-supporters-not-happy-with-aviva-stadium-ticket-allocation-35367723.html

Sports reporting on things like this I would file under football eligibility where football forums not lest this one were far more on the ball than so called footbsll reporters who rehashed what other reporters were saying which was bollix in the first place
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 1:17pm
Somehow we have managed to get more tickets for the game in Cardiff than the Welsh have for the game in Dublin. If I was Welsh I wouldn't be too happy about that.
manulike View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manulike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

Somehow we have managed to get more tickets for the game in Cardiff than the Welsh have for the game in Dublin. If I was Welsh I wouldn't be too happy about that.

I am Welsh, but I am entirely happy with the work the FAW does re allocating the tickets to our own deserving fans. Fantastic system, which everyone understands.

Very unimpressed with the underhand antics of the FAI in this. Shows arrogance and greed.

The FAW needed to safe-guard 3300, as those are the numbers of fans that have at least one away match in last eight (including friendlies). Seems the FAI forced their hand to this 'agreement' - far from a 'gentleman's agreement' .

No one can accuse John Delaney of being sporting in this ...

Edited by manulike - 17 Jan 2017 at 1:42pm
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 2:12pm

I am Welsh, but I am entirely happy with the work the FAW does re allocating the tickets to our own deserving fans. Fantastic system, which everyone understands.

Very unimpressed with the underhand antics of the FAI in this. Shows arrogance and greed.

The FAW needed to safe-guard 3300, as those are the numbers of fans that have at least one away match in last eight (including friendlies). Seems the FAI forced their hand to this 'agreement' - far from a 'gentleman's agreement' .

John Delaney doing something like this that doesn't sound like him at all......
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 2:31pm

Absolutely it seems the FAW is allocating your tickets 100% fairly. If I was Welsh I wouldn't be happy with the fact that not only have the FAW given the FAI a greater percentage, they have also given them in absolute numbers more tickets in a smaller stadium. It's bonkers and I have no idea why they would agree to this. I don't know why they would cave in so that they can guarantee 3,300 tickets in Dublin. If the FAI don't play ball, they don't play ball and some people will miss out. That could only be laid at the FAI's feet in my view and I don't think any criticism could be directed at the FAW by Welsh fans in that scenario.

Great for us though.
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 2:46pm

Absolutely it seems the FAW is allocating your tickets 100% fairly. If I was Welsh I wouldn't be happy with the fact that not only have the FAW given the FAI a greater percentage, they have also given them in absolute numbers more tickets in a smaller stadium. It's bonkers and I have no idea why they would agree to this. I don't know why they would cave in so that they can guarantee 3,300 tickets in Dublin. If the FAI don't play ball, they don't play ball and some people will miss out. That could only be laid at the FAI's feet in my view and I don't think any criticism could be directed at the FAW by Welsh fans in that scenario.

Great for us though.

Yeah can't believe FAW agreed to that agreement but at the same time the fai didn't force them to do anything if they wanted to they could of played hard ball and told fai if they don't increase the offer we only getting 5% in Cardiff

Then it would of been up to the fai to get better deal for us Irish fans
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 4:04pm
So as it stands what are the away allocations for both fixtures?
manchesterbhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manchesterbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 11:15am
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Agree with Missy & NR here, this isn't an issue whatsoever. A lot of the Abbey crew are customers of theirs since they became the FAI travel partner, and were customers of previous partner Ray Treacy Travel before that. In my one experience of travelling with them (to the Faroes) I found them to be extremely professional & well run, I would have little doubt they keep track of their customers and allocate tickets accordingly. 

In any case, as NR pointed out, they presumably pay the FAI handsomely for this premium access, in that sense, they are no different to any other corporate sponsor of any team or sport you care to mention. Anyone willing to regularly pay their prices is welcome to a ticket in my opinion, and of all the categories, it is probably the only one where we know exactly where that 15% of tickets is actually going. 

my only issue with abbey is where were they in chisinau and bvelgrade? will they do anything for Tblisi?

as an independent traveller when it comes to the big games is it fair that they get so many when they dont do a lot for the non sexy destinations?

as for paying handsomely the ordinary fan does plenty when you count in season tickets etc, would be interesting to see what the number is that is actually paid
manulike View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manulike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 12:42pm
A wee question.
Does an increased away allocation (3300) get seated in Block I (North End) as well as in Cat1 seats in Blocks K and L - seems to make sense, as share same entrance?

http://www.avivastadium.ie/images/default-source/getting-here/aviva-stadium-way-finder-map.jpg?sfvrsn=6

Edited by manulike - 18 Jan 2017 at 12:43pm
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 1:34pm
Your entrance is correct

easier to go by the seating map here

129, 130....... is normally the away end and 101(cat 1) normally starts the home end again.  102 has been sold to colleagues so definitely home end and cat 1.    129+ would be considered cat 2.  Best to get as far back as possible for the best view. 

128 is the home end but 127 often has cat 1 away end tickets mixed in with the home fans. These don't need to be segregated apparently.  I sit in 127 and for games against the smaller countries (away fans size) all the away fans sit here.  For recent games v Georgia and Oman this was the case.  

If you have more than the 120 - 200 minimum cat 1s (one is UEFA's figure the other is FIFA's I can never recall which is which) they could be anywhere.  Some people seem to believe you have significantly more than the minimum number of Cat 1s.  

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 87>
  Share Topic