You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wales Away, Oct 9th 2017 - Ticket Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 87>
Author
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AVFCAnne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 6:13pm
Application in. Not holding out much hope of tickets. Will go for the craic anyhow.
Sponsored Links

deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by Darraghn92 Darraghn92 wrote:

According to the email, 'Based on expected demand however, this (3k allocation) will not meet all fans’ needs. We do have fair and equitable process in place for away match tickets which considers all of our fans and uses their match attendance history to prioritise and allocate tickets based on loyalty.'

That's a positive sign. You could read it as containing an indirect reference to the Scotland game, where match attendance history was inexplicably overlooked, and they are clearly stating it will be looked at this time. 

Also, one of the SC's has sent an email to their members stating that they will be applying various criteria to applications, paid up membership, previous match attendance etc. That too is a good sign, as obviously that SC has been told they can't just ring up the FAI, ask for 800 and duly get them, if they didn't think there was going to be a restriction on tickets available to them, they wouldn't be applying criteria to their members. 

There will still be someone overlooked by mistake, and this place will still be full of lads who went to only Vienna & expect a ticket, then whinge when they don't get one, and lads who were at Italia 90 and quite fancy this one, but I don't think it is going to be Scotland II, if nothing else, the FAI don't particularly need the hassle. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
conor253 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conor253 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 7:19pm
If applying in a group are all applications considered on a one by one basis?
Say I apply for 4 of us and 2 of us meet the criteria, will we be given tickets for the 2 that have been to enough games or refused for all 4 due to us applying in a group with people who haven't been to enough games?
AVFCAnne View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AVFCAnne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by conor253 conor253 wrote:

Say I apply for 4 of us and 2 of us meet the criteria, will we be given tickets for the 2 that have been to enough games or refused for all 4 due to us applying in a group with people who haven't been to enough games?

In theory, yes, but sure who knows?
Pauldaly1984 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 8:35pm

This was a grey area before. I remember someone saying that you either get all or nothing so only apply for 1 . However I applied for 10 for Scotland game all from my account. We got one. Never said who it was for. All had individual profiles on my account
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 8:45pm

The honest answer is that nobody outside the ticket office knows for sure as they have never publically communicated how the system works.
Sligo Hornet View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Runner Up, Branson lookalike 2003

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

The honest answer is that nobody outside the ticket office knows for sure as they have never publically communicated how the system works.

That is it in a nutshell.... there is NO system
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 9:32pm

And you think the ticket office knows
Il Principe View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Il Principe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 10:27pm
Originally posted by Sligo Hornet Sligo Hornet wrote:

That is it in a nutshell.... there is NO system

Thumbs Up most sensible thing iv read on here hornet
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 12:12am
Sorry lads, that's a myth, there is some sort of system there, no I haven't a clue what the workings of it are, nor do I think it is anywhere near a perfect one, but there is one. 

Bar a handful of people (excluding Andorra which was out of FAI's control) missing out on an odd game or 2 here & there, the overwhelming majority of regulars were always sorted for most games,including Estonia playoff and the Euros in 2012 pre Scotland. Since Scotland, and including France Euros, it has been much the same. 

There isn't too much point in dragging up Scotland again, everyone has their own theories there, and none of them coincide with the variety of official versions told to us by the FAI,  but one thing I will say, and have said before, is that this whole ''there is no system'' thing was pushed by a lot of posters involved in SC's, at a time where the FAI wanted people to go down that route. 

It suits a whole lot of agendas for certain people to keep bringing up that line, and barring one game, it doesn't really stand up to much scrutiny in the bigger picture. The other line pushed here by certain people was ''the FAI have no records'' - when even this week, when you logged into ticketmaster to pay for ticket, there is a record of invoices there if you click on that option, mine from the Faroes is still there, and that game wasn't today or yesterday. That was also something I called bullsh*t on at the time, and tis still bullsh*t now. 

All the above is generally true, I do accept there will be replies saying 'I was denied a Gibraltar ticket' or whatever, but I'm going to disagree with the ''no records/system''  every time I see it. Just ask the question - who stands to benefit if that is true ??. I'll give a big clue, they let other lads write statements for them & stand over tham, no matter how ludicrous and are 100% delighted with 40% of the overall away ticket allocation. Think a bit before posting. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 9:06am
My mate got a ticket for the Estonia playoff - Din't apply for one and had only been to one away in that campaign but still got one from the FAI anyways ! 

I've never not got tickets for a game I think I should have, Scotland aside, but while the FAI refuse to publish any details of any system they might use, people are always going to ask questions.

darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 9:49am
Were we emailed when the portal opened for the Georgia match? 
Emailed for this Wales match and their FB is telling everyone else that the portal is now open. It's like they want to get too many applications. Seeing the comments on FB of people saying 'lets go to Cardiff for the weekend' who have interest, it will come as a shock when they find out it's on the Monday. 

Edited by darmack - 12 Aug 2017 at 9:49am
The dark side.. And the light
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 10:08am
One lad even commented he should be Able to get two . Confident :)
AKA pedantic kunt
AVFCAnne View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AVFCAnne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 10:16am
I didn't get an e.mail for either game. Used to get them all the time.

Was just watching like a hawk on Twitter.
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 10:41am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

One lad even commented he should be Able to get two . Confident :)

ACTHUNG BABY View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACTHUNG BABY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

Were we emailed when the portal opened for the Georgia match? 
Emailed for this Wales match and their FB is telling everyone else that the portal is now open. It's like they want to get too many applications. Seeing the comments on FB of people saying 'lets go to Cardiff for the weekend' who have interest, it will come as a shock when they find out it's on the Monday. 

Yeah no email for the Georgia game , strange one.!Wait until they see the Hotel prices too.
Jasonic View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jasonic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 2:31pm
I got e-mails for both advising that the portal was open for applications.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Sorry lads, that's a myth, there is some sort of system there, no I haven't a clue what the workings of it are, nor do I think it is anywhere near a perfect one, but there is one. 

Bar a handful of people (excluding Andorra which was out of FAI's control) missing out on an odd game or 2 here & there, the overwhelming majority of regulars were always sorted for most games,including Estonia playoff and the Euros in 2012 pre Scotland. Since Scotland, and including France Euros, it has been much the same. 

There isn't too much point in dragging up Scotland again, everyone has their own theories there, and none of them coincide with the variety of official versions told to us by the FAI,  but one thing I will say, and have said before, is that this whole ''there is no system'' thing was pushed by a lot of posters involved in SC's, at a time where the FAI wanted people to go down that route. 

It suits a whole lot of agendas for certain people to keep bringing up that line, and barring one game, it doesn't really stand up to much scrutiny in the bigger picture. The other line pushed here by certain people was ''the FAI have no records'' - when even this week, when you logged into ticketmaster to pay for ticket, there is a record of invoices there if you click on that option, mine from the Faroes is still there, and that game wasn't today or yesterday. That was also something I called bullsh*t on at the time, and tis still bullsh*t now. 

All the above is generally true, I do accept there will be replies saying 'I was denied a Gibraltar ticket' or whatever, but I'm going to disagree with the ''no records/system''  every time I see it. Just ask the question - who stands to benefit if that is true ??. I'll give a big clue, they let other lads write statements for them & stand over tham, no matter how ludicrous and are 100% delighted with 40% of the overall away ticket allocation. Think a bit before posting. 

Excellent summary deise316 there certainly has been some misinformation pushed out there.

The YBIG mandate has made its position clear on the 2 fundamentals
70 % allocation to FD/SC
Universal away scheme
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 87>
  Share Topic