You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wales - Nations League - Travel & Accomm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 55>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2017 at 9:26am
Originally posted by Jordi123 Jordi123 wrote:

Anyone doing the Sail and Rail through Rosslare? Doing that myself, have done it before for the Rugby and always great craic on the boat/train.

Ill probably end up doing sail and rail from rosslare, have nothing booked yet

Edited by kevincronin2000 - 21 May 2017 at 9:26am
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Sponsored Links

SteveEvans View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveEvans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2017 at 9:09pm
How many tickets will we be allocated for this? My guess is 1,800. Any idea when they will be going on sale?
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2017 at 10:56pm
Originally posted by SteveEvans SteveEvans wrote:

How many tickets will we be allocated for this? My guess is 1,800. Any idea when they will be going on sale?

Official allocation is 3700 with 40% going to fans direct and supporter clubs. The away portal usually opens around 6 weeks befire the game for applications
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveEvans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2017 at 11:11pm
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Official allocation is 3700 with 40% going to fans direct and supporter clubs. The away portal usually opens around 6 weeks befire the game for applications

Feel there will be quite a few people left disappointed without a ticket. 
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2017 at 10:21am
If Wales are out of it (which is highly likely) then home end tickets will not be a problem.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveEvans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2017 at 11:30am
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

If Wales are out of it (which is highly likely) then home end tickets will not be a problem.

Was thinking this myself about signing up to the Wales FA for tickets. 
Missy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2017 at 10:44pm
Wales have 20K odd TT holders. Anyspares will be on tout sites.
manulike View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manulike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2017 at 11:10pm

We booked into a hostel called Bunkhouse? 

http://www.hostelworld.com/hosteldetails.php/Bunkhouse/Cardiff/46658?dateFrom=2017-10-08&dateTo=2017-10-10

Seems to be only a 25 min walk to the stadium sir cant complain with that! I checked booking .com but it said 98% of hotels were booked out?

The Bunkhouse is right on St Mary's Street - the night night life hub and about 2 mins walk from main Station and from where the airport bus drops you off (Customs house).

If anyone still needs a dorm0bed , the last three are still available at the official YHA hostel, about 7-8 minutes walk from St Marys/Station area and about 25 mins to stadium 0 £20 each with membership (£25 non-members)

https://www.hihostels.com/hostels/yha-cardiff-central#price

Edited by manulike - 22 May 2017 at 11:11pm
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2017 at 11:12pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Only problem with that is if we are needing anything out of the game and they have a chance of stopping us they will be there in their drove regardless
Pauldaly1984 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 2:31pm
Bought my flights and accom there. Very pricey 😳 If Fai let me down on tickets I'll lose the rag 😍
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 2:21am
Originally posted by Pauldaly1984 Pauldaly1984 wrote:

Bought my flights and accom there. Very pricey 😳 If Fai let me down on tickets I'll lose the rag 😍

If you have been to all the games in the group you'll be sorted. Simple! (Or so you would think)
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 5:23am
Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

If you have been to all the games in the group you'll be sorted. Simple! (Or so you would think)

Just like the last time V Scotland.....................LOL

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Steve Amsterdam View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 10:30am
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

Just like the last time V Scotland.....................LOL

I'll see you in the Home end again Mint...LOL
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 6:16pm
Tickets won't be a problem for this. Well at least they won't be for the home end.

Edited by colemanY2K - 02 Jul 2017 at 6:16pm
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 5:24pm
So have any other people decided how they will make their way from Cardiff to Birmingham airport on the way home?
Looking at the bus and there only seems to be 2 buses that will get you there on time for the 3 o'clock flight and one of them leaves at 7.30am. Not ideal. 
The dark side.. And the light
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 5:41pm
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

So have any other people decided how they will make their way from Cardiff to Birmingham airport on the way home?
Looking at the bus and there only seems to be 2 buses that will get you there on time for the 3 o'clock flight and one of them leaves at 7.30am. Not ideal.Β 
im on the 20:25 flight from Birmingham. Wanted to give myself time to recover
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 5:44pm
On the 8.25 return . I doubt I'll be in much shape for rushing around gettin earlier flight so wasn't booking it . @Sham did you book transport to Cardiff from Birmingham?
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 7:09pm
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

Looking at the bus and there only seems to be 2 buses that will get you there on time for the 3 o'clock flight and one of them leaves at 7.30am. Not ideal.Β 

On the 3 o'clock flight back probably just get a few together and book a transfer to the airport
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 55>
  Share Topic