You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wales - Nations League - Travel & Accomm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 55>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Darraghn92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2017 at 12:20pm
Think I'm on that flight from Bristol. Booked a National Express from Cardiff for a few pound, prices are great when you book well in advance
Sponsored Links

Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 1:25pm
Comparing the cost/travel time from Stanstead to Cardiff,7 of us,reckon car hire might be the best option.
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
brendy_éire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brendy_éire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by Salzburglilly Salzburglilly wrote:

Comparing the cost/travel time from Stanstead to Cardiff,7 of us,reckon car hire might be the best option.

Definitely.  Three/four of us from Birmingham are hiring a car.  Even for one person, it would still be cheaper.
City Till I Die
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by Darraghn92 Darraghn92 wrote:

Think I'm on that flight from Bristol. Booked a National Express from Cardiff for a few pound, prices are great when you book well in advance

There is also a Jolly Hostess
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 10:36pm
Originally posted by Salzburglilly Salzburglilly wrote:

For seven, yeah. Especially if you can get a people carrier as opposed to two cars. Far handier with only needing one driver rather than two. Even if the car hire cost is twice as much, the fuel will be cheaper than two cars. Should be less than 60 sterling for one day's hire.
Jordi123 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jordi123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 9:29am
Is there any update on what stadium this is being played in? Or will they wait until after their Serbia game to confirm?
darragh90 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darragh90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 10:46am
Originally posted by Jordi123 Jordi123 wrote:

Is there any update on what stadium this is being played in? Or will they wait until after their Serbia game to confirm?

Unless theyve a shout of automatic qualifyication prior to the game you would imagine it will be CCS
SteveEvans View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveEvans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 12:01pm
5 of us booked on the flight to stanstead on the Sunday and heading up on the bus from there! having to stay in a hostel as nothing else was available. should be quite the away day I feel! 
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 12:13pm

I don't see them moving it from Cardiff city stadium no matter what.

Think going to be alot of Irish disappointed as see on social media alot assuming tickets going to be easy got for this
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
kevj266 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevj266 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by SteveEvans SteveEvans wrote:

5 of us booked on the flight to stanstead on the Sunday and heading up on the bus from there! having to stay in a hostel as nothing else was available. should be quite the away day I feel! 

Flying from Dublin to Birmingham on the Sunday and getting the bus to Cardiff. Haven't even looked for accommodation yet, any ideal places to stay? 
forza trapp View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forza trapp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by kevj266 kevj266 wrote:

[QUOTE=SteveEvans]5 of us booked on the flight to stanstead on the Sunday and heading up on the bus from there! having to stay in a hostel as nothing else was available. should be quite the away day I feel! 

Flying from Dublin to Birmingham on the Sunday and getting the bus to Cardiff. Haven't even looked for accommodation yet, any ideal places to stay? 
I'm in the Premier Inn city centre, friends booked a twin room there  only yesterday @ £185 for two nights, hard to argue with that.
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by kevj266 kevj266 wrote:

Originally posted by SteveEvans SteveEvans wrote:

How much did the bus cost ? Heading out on the 10.45 am on the Sunday
SteveEvans View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveEvans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 2:59pm
We booked into a hostel called Bunkhouse? 

http://www.hostelworld.com/hosteldetails.php/Bunkhouse/Cardiff/46658?dateFrom=2017-10-08&dateTo=2017-10-10

Seems to be only a 25 min walk to the stadium sir cant complain with that! I checked booking .com but it said 98% of hotels were booked out?
Jordi123 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jordi123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 4:00pm
Yea I agree, I see alot of people on Social Media commenting under these tour operator packages about how they are going to get tickets handy enough. It depends where we stand really though? If we have a chance to top the group, tickets will be scarce but if a play-off is more likely, most people may stay at home and save for that.
Jordi123 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jordi123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 4:03pm
Anyone doing the Sail and Rail through Rosslare? Doing that myself, have done it before for the Rugby and always great craic on the boat/train.
Missy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 10:56pm

Yea I agree, I see alot of people on Social Media commenting under these tour operator packages about how they are going to get tickets handy enough. It depends where we stand really though? If we have a chance to top the group, tickets will be scarce but if a play-off is more likely, most people may stay at home and save for that.

That could all end in tears one of them send me an email stating game was in the Millennium now the Principality. They are in for a shock when the penny drops that it's CCD and we are only getting 3500 instead of 8000 if it was in Principality.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 11:31pm
Originally posted by Missy Missy wrote:

That could all end in tears one of them send me an email stating game was in the Millennium now the Principality. They are in for a shock when the penny drops that it's CCD and we are only getting 3500 instead of 8000 if it was in Principality.

'We' are only getting 1400 oddThumbs Down

Edited by Newryrep - 20 May 2017 at 9:57am
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 10:33pm

Anyone doing the Sail and Rail through Rosslare? Doing that myself, have done it before for the Rugby and always great craic on the boat/train.

Boat times have changed for that. Boat leaves Rosslare at 8am and you get to Cardiff at 15:20.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 55>
  Share Topic