You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wales - Nations League - Travel & Accomm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 55>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2017 at 8:50pm
I got my return flights for 40 notes so im not overly fussed either way. Ill happily choo choo it..
Sponsored Links

OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2017 at 4:14pm
Originally posted by OohAah... OohAah... wrote:

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by OohAah... OohAah... wrote:

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Anyone else on FR662 on the Sunday arr BHX @ 07:35 and return on the tuesday on FR 669 DEP BHX @ 20:25?

If there are a few interested I'll have a look at arranging a Transfer. I'd imagine to make it feasible around 15 - 20 would be needed.

Hi Sham, our lot are gonna go on the saturday to birmigham and stay the night there. Wouldbe up for a bus alright, however i see national express is doing cheap non refundable fares
yeah seen that alright but almost 4 hours on a bus has little appeal to me.

ah yeh get you now, turns out they dont travel on a sunday direct...
turns out they do, just correcting it incase anyone else is looking
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2017 at 5:22pm
Ryanair have return flights to Cardiff up now at €220. Might be worth it for lads who don't want any additional travel to other airports and the times are good. Out Sunday or Monday and back Tuesday.
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 10:00am
Cheers Reddladd, I just booked those direct Ryanair flights. It cost a little bit more for a lot less hassle. 
El Puto Amo
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 11:24am
Yep i would be of that thinking also. Flybe direct are €300 return with a 7am departure time so Ryanair a very welcome addition at this stage. They will go up quite a bit closer the time.
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 3:32pm
Abbey €400 for day trip with match ticket if anyone is stuck
johnwall84 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnwall84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by Butch Butch wrote:

Plus €79 aiport tax.
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 4:08pm
Originally posted by johnwall84 johnwall84 wrote:

Plus €79 aiport tax.
Angry Ridiculous, even by their standards.

To think that I've so far paid only £40 for flights from Dublin to Brum and £60 for a night at Holiday Inn Express Cardiff. Don't expect train fares to be expensive either when they are uploaded in summer (already signed up for the e-mail alert on thetrainline.com). 
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 4:11pm
Even with those Ryanair flights if you managed to get your hotel booked anyway early you should have yourself a one night stay and direct flights for less than €300.

kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 4:16pm
The option to purchase match ticket will be the big seller with Abbey.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Plus €79 aiport tax.

To think that I've so far paid only £40 for flights from Dublin to Brum and £60 for a night at Holiday Inn Express Cardiff. Don't expect train fares to be expensive either when they are uploaded in summer (already signed up for the e-mail alert on thetrainline.com). 
not really, guaranteed match ticket, don't forget they have to actually make money, as it's their prime reason for doing what they do
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 7:32pm
Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Plus €79 aiport tax.

not really, guaranteed match ticket, don't forget they have to actually make money, as it's their prime reason for doing what they do

Yeah, and I suppose it will look a bit more reasonable compared to the direct flights to Cardiff @ €220 that Redladd mentioned above along with the guaranteed match ticket, especially if it's all to play for.

Just seems steep compared to what I have paid so far for travel and accom.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 8:14pm
€480 is maybe fine for a day trip to the Faroes when there aren't a heap of realistic alternative options.

€480 for a day trip to Cardiff is madness in comparison, when there are much cheaper options of getting there with minimal extra inconvenience for a massive price difference. I suppose the one benefit over the alternatives is the fact you will be back for work on Tuesday morning.

They are gouging, simply on the guarantee of match tickets. Without those, it would make no sense whatsoever to book the trip with Abbey. Match tickets are not included in that price. Ryanair, hardly bastions of pricing restraint, are charging €220 for direct prices. Now, while that isn't a day return, and while accommodation is a bit pricey, there's no way access to a match ticket is worth paying €260 at this stage.

That is, frankly, a crazy price. You would have to be crazy to pay it. Also, if you wanted to go overnight, you'd go for Sunday night as well. I can't see much demand for a trip that is just Monday night. I'm kind of surprised they aren't running a two night trip and a one night trip, rather than a one night trip and a day trip, especially with accommodation being the way it is.
Darraghn92 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darraghn92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2017 at 9:14am
Stena Line are doing 2 euro trips to Holyhead for anyone not booked yet. Only catch is that there's only 10 places per sailing available at that price, but I just checked there and there's plenty of routes on the Saturday and Sunday from Dublin to Holyhead for 2 euro and a few on the Tuesday and Wednesday for the same
larraga View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote larraga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2017 at 10:13am
Originally posted by Darraghn92 Darraghn92 wrote:

Stena Line are doing 2 euro trips to Holyhead for anyone not booked yet. Only catch is that there's only 10 places per sailing available at that price, but I just checked there and there's plenty of routes on the Saturday and Sunday from Dublin to Holyhead for 2 euro and a few on the Tuesday and Wednesday for the same

Same €2 each way ex Rosslare. 
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2017 at 10:39am
Originally posted by larraga larraga wrote:

Jesus, that really puts Abbey's overpriced packages into perspective. LOL
Lostandfound View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostandfound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2017 at 10:41am
Originally posted by larraga larraga wrote:

Does that include match ticket? 
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2017 at 3:24pm
TBH, though, when you add on the cost of the train fare from Holyhead to Cardiff, even an advance fare, you're almost as well just booking the unlimited availability sail rail fares.

The only ones left that are decent are on Saturday. The Tuesday ones back are gone. There are some on the afternoon ferry back on Tuesday afternoon, but the only trains that will get you there on time are either far too expensive (more than just buying a sail rail) or else ridiculously early.

It was a good deal a few hours ago but all the decent options have gone now.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 55>
  Share Topic