You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wales - Nations League - General Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3233343536 52>
Author
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donegalcelt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 11:27am
Any of ye ever try the Schoolhouse before a game?Confused
Sponsored Links

ProudAndLoud View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 12:40pm
Lads if anyone knows middle aged lad Jim from Birmingham who travels to games on his own, works in a bank. I met him in Georgia on Tbilisi tour and again on Sunday and Monday.
He had no joy with ticket but was kind enough give my partner his hoody as she had no coat going to stadium. We were with Erin Mc Clean James's wife and party.
Anyway just want thank him and try get hoody back to him but I'm sure I bump into him in November. If anyone knows him can u on me. I'm pretty sure he posts on here.
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by ABFC ABFC wrote:

I remember the staff in Glasgow being dreadful too. UK bar staff are simply unable to take multiple orders.
Hence the bar I work in hires about 70% Irish staffLOL
cathalb96 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cathalb96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Worst barmen & barwomen I have seen since Bulgaria in '09, but to be fair to Bulgaria, that was only one or 2 pubs, this seemed to be an issue everywhere we went in Cardiff. Live Lounge was about the best of them from that point of view, they had half a clue what they were at on Saturday night anyway, dunno about the other nights .

We actually do undervalue the Irish bar person, these lads & ladies wouldn't even look in your direction under any circumstances, never mind do something like take a 2nd order while finishing the one they were on. And that was happening early in the day, when it wasn't what anyone here would call busy. 

Great trip though, good little stadium, good atmosphere around the streets (or maybe that should be just 'street', as everyone seemed to be outside O'Neills) - the yahoos into the throwing beer & shoes & whatever, good luck to them, not for me, but they didn't really seem to be causing too much bother, or maybe I was lucky not to encounter too many arse holes. Great atmosphere from the Irish in the ground, absolute best in years, noise for nearly the full 90 minutes. James McClean song is a gem to get the crowd going. 

Except for the one Buzz Killington in our hotel after the match, who sat down at our table without an invite & told us we played badly and Wes Hoolhan should play and blah blah repeat what you heard Dunphy say last week etc. After 10 mins I asked him to shut it, as politely as possible. He did, but then just sat there saying nothing for 10 mins, which actually annoyed me more. 

Had to get up & leave him at the table we were at, and go sit at another one. I thought he might follow us, in which case I would have had to hire a fcuking billboard to get the message across to him he wasn't wanted, but thankfully some other half drunk yahoo came in & he decided to bore the bollix off the new lad instead of persisting with us. 

One for Muff's ''people that have no tact'' thread maybe. Incidentally, he was from Mayo, so maybe Muff knows about these things. 

The one in Bierkeller was awful, I queued 15 minutes for 3 pints and Jameson and coke. He didnt know how to use the measurement thing so I literally had to tell him. I said it to his colleague and her excuse was "he's new", well then don't have him on when the place is going to be busy
Cathal Bourke
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by Pauldaly1984 Pauldaly1984 wrote:

Originally posted by upandcumming upandcumming wrote:

Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

A pal of mine not on here,hooked up with yer wan Vicky. Saw a pic of her,good looking bird with massive cans

There was this lane just off the main street beside O'Neills. Had a big high glass roof. Made for an epic sing song for a few hours after the match. There was this absolute babe there with her Welsh bf giving it socks with the Irish. he got a slap everytime he tried calming her down. Some young Irish lad who must have been barely 18 shifted her right in front of him too, and her in her 30's...

Anyone else see all that? She was a cracker

Yea I was on my way out and I saw your man getting the shift... He was about 18 alright! She was a complete w**ker though and he was 100%, grand chats with him!

Was that your one with the hoppy earrings, black hair and massive knockers in the. Lack top? Boyfriend was a tanned muscley lad with a shaved head?

Yeah that's her. Felt bad for her bf getting constant slaps. If that was my woman she'd get a slap right back. The ride he was going to get later was obviously worth it though as he took it in his stride.
jferry953 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jferry953 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 5:30pm
Originally posted by ProudAndLoud ProudAndLoud wrote:

Lads if anyone knows middle aged lad Jim from Birmingham who travels to games on his own, works in a bank. I met him in Georgia on Tbilisi tour and again on Sunday and Monday.
He had no joy with ticket but was kind enough give my partner his hoody as she had no coat going to stadium. We were with Erin Mc Clean James's wife and party.
Anyway just want thank him and try get hoody back to him but I'm sure I bump into him in November. If anyone knows him can u on me. I'm pretty sure he posts on here.

That'll be me Paul - no problem, sorry I missed you after the match - will be over for the game  in November so you can let me have it back then.Clap

Jim
Tippbiffo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tippbiffo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 9:22pm
Epic trip. Sail and rail from Rosslare fantastic. First pint at 9am on the boat. More on the train from Fishguard. Quick shower at the hotel which was 50m from the train station in Cardiff. At half time during the Scotland match one of our lads says he's tired. Someone suggests a red bull and vodka. We all decide it's a great idea so we proceed to go on rounds of doubles cause the volume of spirts are smaller than back home. We were all duly f**ked by whatever time we finished at and no one has a clue how we got home. All we remember is playing pool like jelly babies in a bar which had four our five pool tables...anyone know which one it could have been? Off Mary st we think.
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 9:51pm
Usual blog on the trip and game for those interested, enjoy reliving it!!
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Simba View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 10:07pm
Bloody hell. What a trip that was. Myself and 3 others just about made our flight early Saturday morning after going on the beer in Dublin Friday night. O'Neill's and Popworld Saturday night were great craic. The atmosphere around the place really picked up after the Scotland result I thought. Everyone was really bouncing after that. Ended up in the Live Lounge Sunday night which was brilliant. Definitely the best bar staff out of any place we were in, although that wasn't a tough competition to win. The game itself must have been very tough to watch from a neutral point of view as it was brutal in terms of quality. But what a result and atmosphere. The place was absolutely bouncing. First day back at work today was a massive struggle, the comedown is horrible but worth it. Roll on November!
Guf10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
...fond of the jar.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guf10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 10:29pm
Up there with the best yet, won't top Lille for me personally.

Absolute carnage when that goal went in and also in the livelounge Sunday night.
2 in a row, 2 in a row, 2 in a row

bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 11:00pm
Originally posted by Tippbiffo Tippbiffo wrote:

Epic trip. Sail and rail from Rosslare fantastic. First pint at 9am on the boat. More on the train from Fishguard. Quick shower at the hotel which was 50m from the train station in Cardiff. At half time during the Scotland match one of our lads says he's tired. Someone suggests a red bull and vodka. We all decide it's a great idea so we proceed to go on rounds of doubles cause the volume of spirts are smaller than back home. We were all duly f**ked by whatever time we finished at and no one has a clue how we got home. All we remember is playing pool like jelly babies in a bar which had four our five pool tables...anyone know which one it could have been? Off Mary st we think.

Coyote Ugly?
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 11:16pm
Originally posted by Tippbiffo Tippbiffo wrote:

Sounds like Queens vaults.
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 9:51am
Got back to Salzburg last night,Cracking trip,Tuesday was a bit crap as the flight to Mallorca was cancelled so we spent the day on trains to Stanstead and flew out Wednesday morning,good to catch up with some old heads,atmosphere was one of the best i have experienced at an away game, seen a row in a pub after the match which was a bit annoying,first time in Cardiff,on arrival we seen a bird taking a sh*t in the street behind a car LOL,not my favorite city but the result and the craic make any city worthwhile!
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 10:10am
Originally posted by Salzburglilly Salzburglilly wrote:

Got back to Salzburg last night,Cracking trip,Tuesday was a bit crap as the flight to Mallorca was cancelled so we spent the day on trains to Stanstead and flew out Wednesday morning,good to catch up with some old heads,atmosphere was one of the best i have experienced at an away game, seen a row in a pub after the match which was a bit annoying,first time in Cardiff,on arrival we seen a bird taking a sh*t in the street behind a car LOL,not my favorite city but the result and the craic make any city worthwhile!

Irish or Welsh?

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 10:17am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Irish or Welsh?

Either English or Welsh Horsey,she shouted "wait" at her drunken mates who were in front of the car, the city is full of English mots,70% of the population are students, the lads involved  the fight were definitely Irish,there was a group of them from Dublin,not wearing colours , just Fred Perry gear.
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 12:48pm

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Irish or Welsh?

Either English or Welsh Horsey,she shouted "wait" at her drunken mates who were in front of the car, the city is full of English mots,70% of the population are students, the lads involved  the fight were definitely Irish,there was a group of them from Dublin,not wearing colours , just Fred Perry gear.
DubsThumbs Down
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 12:50pm
Did anyone cop off with a  bird called Harriet?
greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by bogball88 bogball88 wrote:

Did anyone cop off with a  bird called Harriet?

Vicky did
I know nothing :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3233343536 52>
  Share Topic