You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wales - Nations League - General Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 52>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2017 at 9:41am
Originally posted by willmcc83 willmcc83 wrote:

Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Does anyone know when it's possible to pay the deposit for the Wales tickets?
Isn't giving me the option to pay and I want to make sure I don't miss out on them by not paying..

Sure they've not to been allocated yet, applications still open so will be a few weeks

weren't deposits taken for Scotland ? despite no allocation. Invoice will be out in due course

That was my thinking.. From memory - I've settled up for most applications either immediately or very shortly after making the application...

Id say they've done away with deposits more hassle then its worth. Cant rememeber that been done since the Scotland game
Sponsored Links

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2017 at 10:19am
Did they take a deposit for Georgia -))
AKA pedantic kunt
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2017 at 10:48am

Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Does anyone know when it's possible to pay the deposit for the Wales tickets?
Isn't giving me the option to pay and I want to make sure I don't miss out on them by not paying..

Sure they've not to been allocated yet, applications still open so will be a few weeks

weren't deposits taken for Scotland ? despite no allocation. Invoice will be out in due course

That was my thinking.. From memory - I've settled up for most applications either immediately or very shortly after making the application...

Can't remember paying a deposit for any games after Scotland away. Usually receive email week or 2 after applications close telling you if been successful or not and a link to pay
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2017 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by Salzburglilly Salzburglilly wrote:

Flying to Stanstead,driving down,On a flight out from Cardiff to Mallorca on the Tuesday,better to bus it to the airport or taxi between 3?

Won't be much difference in price so the taxi would give you more flexibility etc.

Grand,airport seems close enough to the city.
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
Old Gill View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old Gill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2017 at 12:35am
They're contracted to Cardiff stadium and have even sold tickets for there. No chance will it be moved
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2017 at 6:31pm
You would feel sorry for Abbey Travel
max View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

My new name is Wax

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2017 at 1:09pm
Cardiff Metropolitan University Fc are playing at home on the Sunday against Llandudno. Currently a top of the table clash! Anyone interested LOL
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2017 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by max max wrote:

Cardiff Metropolitan University Fc are playing at home on the Sunday against Llandudno. Currently a top of the table clash! Anyone interested LOL
Nah, I don't think that could possibly top the experience of going to 1st Vienna FC v Wiener Sportclub in Vienna last November. WinkLOL

In any case, I don't arrive till the morning of the main match.
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Padraig View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Padraig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2017 at 5:20pm

What time?
max View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

My new name is Wax

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 8:53am
14:30 Thumbs Up
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 9:10am
Originally posted by Padraig Padraig wrote:

What time?

I would rather watch a junior c hurling match in Longford!

Edited by reddladd - 19 Sep 2017 at 9:10am
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
craiglen View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote craiglen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 2:34pm
Any good shouts for pubs?
Fan's game record: 5 Caps, 1 goal, 2 assists, 140 km covered
irish_goat View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_goat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by irish_goat irish_goat wrote:

Here's a wee list of pubs and clubs. Been a while since I've been over but these would be my favourites. St Mary's Street is where most of the pubs, clubs and food places are. The Brains Brewery is right in the city centre so you'll find a lot their beer on tap and on cask but there's a few other Welsh breweries which are popular too. 

Bars: 
O'Neills, St Mary's Street - Irish pub chain.
The Goat Major, St Mary's Street - Nice, traditional pub.
The Cottage, St Mary's Street - Another nice, traditional pub. 
Queen's Vault, Westgate - Real ale pub with pool tables and lots of rugby paraphernalia. 
BrewDog, Westgate - Scottish brewery craft beer bar
The Prince of Wales, St Marys Street (Wetherspoons) - Large pub inside an impressive old cinema building. 
Tiny Rebel, Westgate - Welsh craft brewery taproom.

Clubs:
Walkabout, St. Mary's Street - Aussie themed drinking barn. 
Metros, Bakers Row - Rock music night club. 
PRYSM, Greyfriars Road - Massive nightclub with several themed rooms. 
Revolution, Duke Street - Vodka bar/club
Clwb Ifor Bach - Indie, rock nightclub. 
irish_goat View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_goat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 9:07am
The Gasworks

Another good spot above. Has big screens for the football on Sunday night and the food is reasonably priced too.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 10:25pm
A Sunday and Monday night in the UK.  Will the pubs even be open after 10pm? 
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Fr Fintan Stack View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fr Fintan Stack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2017 at 12:07am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

A Sunday and Monday night in the UK.  Will the pubs even be open after 10pm? 
I would think some of the Irish bars would considering the amount of us travelling over! Supposedly St Marys street is the equivalent of Harcourt street over here Embarrassed
tumblr_o987lwB0np1vthlfbo1_500.gif
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2017 at 12:14am
But are they allowed to stay open on Monday with opening hours laws in the UK?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2017 at 12:26am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

But are they allowed to stay open on Monday with opening hours laws in the UK?

Live lounge close to ONeills open till 4am Sunday and Monday. Its their Diceys. £1 drinks the last time we were over
I know nothing :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 52>
  Share Topic