You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wales - Nations League - General Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 52>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manulike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2017 at 10:24pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Originally posted by Tippbiffo Tippbiffo wrote:

Don't shoot me. Haven't been on ybig for months. Which stadium will the game be played in carrdiff? Thank ye all
Cardiff City, well this is what we think it will be .

If we beat you guys and draw away to Serbia (or the reverse) - there might even be a call to move it to the Millennium Stadium. Although, I imagine, it probably wont move.

If we take all six points, I will be surprised if it doesn't move to MS. As the interest will be massive, first entertaining Austria at MS in September and then you lads in October.

If we only take one or two points from next two matches, it will stay at CCS.

As far as I understand it, we must give 60 days notice, so the decision is going to be based on our league position following the June match in Belgrade.

Edited by manulike - 24 Feb 2017 at 10:28pm
Sponsored Links

DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2017 at 8:09pm
I hope the stewards have a bit more cop on now than they did for the friendly over there the last time, real idiots 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2017 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

I hope the stewards have a bit more cop on now than they did for the friendly over there the last time, real idiots 
understatement of the year award there DD. Absolute ***ts they were, itching for a scrap. I was speaking to a copper at HT on the conciurse and he agreed with me that they were bastards. Run into the same copper that night in a bar when he was out with his mates. He confirmed his original viewpoint. The one doing all the talking the time they came up to where we were was a right ***t with his band of merry men behind him. Look of disgust on his face when i handed him a load of empty cans after FT as we walked out made my day though.
Jdb1979 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jdb1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2017 at 8:42pm
Alright lads. I'm from Cardiff thought I'd share a bit about the places to head etc. I appreciate it's very early but I'll do it now in case you beat us next week and I won't want to talk to you then!!

The town centre is compact- all the bars are walking distance, so it is great for a pub crawl. Unfortunately the game's on a Monday night, by far the worst night out unless you're a student. Sundays can be ok though.

The main nightlife area is top of St. Mary's st / mill lane. There's too many to list, yes there's load of chain bars but there are some good spots.
Brewhouse is becoming a favourite and usually have some good bands in there.
Kiwis is a Cardiff institution, usually a grab a granny type place but not sure about Mondays.
If you want cheap pints outside of wetherspoons then Mary's (gay, but a great laugh) or The Borough (will remind you of star wars, but the bar on there probably had nicer bogs) are both dirt cheap.

Of course just off just St Mary st. is Caroline street or Chippy Lane if you're not from Cardiff (or Chip Alley if you're a f**king retard!) Which is basically a health hazard but tastes good after a good swish! There's a banging all night steak house on there called Charleston's.

On Westgate st. There's a few craft brewery places for the posers, sorry hipsters amoungst you. There's also a good pub called the Queens Vaults. There's the Bierkeller outside gate 6 of the stadium on wood st. Three bars in one,huge screen in there for those without a ticket.

The live lounge has been mentioned and yes that is still a good night in there. There's a few bars around that area as well (just off queen st/ greyfriars Rd)

If you want to head towards the stadium for a pint your best bet is to jump on the #17/18 bendy bus from Westgate st (outside the millennium stadium) tell the driver Canton and it's a quid. Takes about 10min

Canton has some good boozers and will be buzzing as the game nears. Canton cross, Ivor Davies (wetherspoons) Admiral Napier, Corporation, Canton, Butchers, Vic park, The Clive - there's plenty of choice. Also loads of food options (think more ethnic takeaway than Michelin star though!) Just follow the crowd to the ground - you can't miss it. (5-10min walk)

If you're struggling for a hotel then I wouldn't worry- Cardiff's homeless problem has got so bad lately you can just doss down on St Mary st. and no one will bat an eyelid. ( I know of at least 2 Munster fans that did that when they won the HEC)

Anyway, sorry if I bored you see you in Dublin next week! Nervous already.

Edited by Jdb1979 - 16 Mar 2017 at 10:09pm
irish_goat View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_goat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2017 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

understatement of the year award there DD. Absolute ***ts they were, itching for a scrap. I was speaking to a copper at HT on the conciurse and he agreed with me that they were bastards. Run into the same copper that night in a bar when he was out with his mates. He confirmed his original viewpoint. The one doing all the talking the time they came up to where we were was a right ***t with his band of merry men behind him. Look of disgust on his face when i handed him a load of empty cans after FT as we walked out made my day though.

Didn't have any bother with stewards but tickets were a balls there. Told there were no tickets being sold to Irish fans and we watched a family of 4 get turned at the ticket office. Sent one lad who had a posh northern accent up and he managed to mumble his order without sounding too Irish and got us tickets into the home stand. As soon we got into the stand the stewards took us straight back out, through a tunnel and over to the away stand and we couldn't believe how empty it was. Confused
greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2017 at 3:42pm

They wouldn't let St Tom in to that game, after much negotiations, and the input of JMG and the Irish Copper with the fans, and his Welsh counterpart who was actually English, they compromised and once Tom drank a coffee in front of them and I signed a form taking responsibility for him, they let us in but then frog marched us to the bar, telling them not to sell Tom a drink, and I was only allowed buy one drink.

The Irish copper even told the stewards Tom was sober compared to a lot of trips LOLLOLLOLLOL 

A great trip apart from those stewards 
I know nothing :-)
irish_goat View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_goat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 4:39pm
Anyone who had been planning to use Dempsey's Irish Bar as a hub...it's closed and is now reopening as Gareth Bale's bar "Elevens". 

Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2017 at 9:51am
www.lolwot.com/three-men-convicted-for-operating-sheep-brothel-in-wales/

Might be of interest to some on here

Edited by Butch - 01 Jun 2017 at 9:53am
Lostandfound View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostandfound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2017 at 11:44am
Originally posted by Butch Butch wrote:

What were you searching for online when you discovered that interesting piece? 
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2017 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by Lostandfound Lostandfound wrote:

It came up on my timeline on FB .
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2017 at 9:28pm

I can see this becoming a new standard excuse every time someone is asked where they got some dodgy or sleazy looking link or 'story'.
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2017 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

I can see this becoming a new standard excuse every time someone is asked where they got some dodgy or sleazy looking link or 'story'.

It's a great excuse all the same
Guideddaffodill View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guideddaffodill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2017 at 12:36am
Well lads, first time posting.
Wanting to get more involved in going to away games (have never been to an away game).
Was thinking of going to the Moldova or Georgia game, but with both work and financially not plausible at those times.

So myself and one of the other lads are trying to get to Cardiff for the game their to gain a little experience for possibly going to other away games and maybe even Russia if we qualify.
We all have to start somewhere.

So we have a price of in and around 300 at the moment.
Flying into Bristol from dublin on the sat and back on the Wednesday,for just under 90, and getting the bus to Cardiff and back.
Was looking at hotels,but we are deciding to go the Airbnb route as it's cheaper,more central and you get a full apt or whatever.

The problem is the tickets, when do they go on sale? As in is it generally 3 weeks beforehand or what? Cause I'm guessing their Will be a mad rush for tickets judging by the way the group looks now. And it's not like we know people who get tickets so we are just going to be hovering over the website or whatever till we can buy and hope to land some. Do you do that through the away portal ya?

And let's say tickets get sold out before we can grab 2, how much around will we be looking at paying either before we go or over their?

Thanks in advance
Guideddaffodill View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guideddaffodill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2017 at 12:39am
O and also, is it always a "gamble" to book flights and accommodation before you get a ticket to avoid the high prices?
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2017 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by Guideddaffodill Guideddaffodill wrote:

Wanting to get more involved in going to away games (have never been to an away game).
Was thinking of going to the Moldova or Georgia game, but with both work and financially not plausible at those times.

So myself and one of the other lads are trying to get to Cardiff for the game their to gain a little experience for possibly going to other away games and maybe even Russia if we qualify.

Flying into Bristol from dublin on the sat and back on the Wednesday,for just under 90, and getting the bus to Cardiff and back.
Was looking at hotels,but we are deciding to go the Airbnb route as it's cheaper,more central and you get a full apt or whatever.

The problem is the tickets, when do they go on sale? As in is it generally 3 weeks beforehand or what? Cause I'm guessing their Will be a mad rush for tickets judging by the way the group looks now. And it's not like we know people who get tickets so we are just going to be hovering over the website or whatever till we can buy and hope to land some. Do you do that through the away portal ya?

And let's say tickets get sold out before we can grab 2, how much around will we be looking at paying either before we go or over their?

Thanks in advance
Apply via away portal 3 or 4 weeks beforehand. Keep an eye on here at the time and you will know. Sign up for fans direct for applying for away tickets if you haven't done so already. Contact the FAI for this. They will decide who gets tickets so all you can do is apply and hope , but don't get your hopes up too much. Probably picked the worst game to go to in regards of tickets. Don't pay over face value for tickets if ye aren't successful. Id go watch it in a pub before id do that. 
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2017 at 5:37pm
Originally posted by greenforever greenforever wrote:

They wouldn't let St Tom in to that game, after much negotiations, and the input of JMG and the Irish Copper with the fans, and his Welsh counterpart who was actually English, they compromised and once Tom drank a coffee in front of them and I signed a form taking responsibility for him, they let us in but then frog marched us to the bar, telling them not to sell Tom a drink, and I was only allowed buy one drink.

The Irish copper even told the stewards Tom was sober compared to a lot of trips LOLLOLLOLLOL 

A great trip apart from those stewards 
LOL
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2017 at 6:13pm

Thanks in advance

You almost definitely won't get away tickets, they'll go to people who have been to aways before and even then not all of them will get tickets I'd imagine

Georgia flights aren't much more than what you're saying, bemuch . Cheaper there and you'll get a ticket
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2017 at 7:15pm

O and also, is it always a "gamble" to book flights and accommodation before you get a ticket to avoid the high prices?

You have probably picked the worst game to go to as your first game with a view to getting tickets.   

For this campaign there was no issue with tickets for any of the games and there won't be an issue with tickets for the Georgia game either.

However like Scotland away, Wales will be tight for getting tickets even for those who have been to two aways in this campaign and to the euros etc, unless you possible know someone in the football family or in a supporters club that is perhaps not as strict with their rules as others.

As others have said register etc. But i don't fancy your chances of getting a ticker based on your posts above.
AKA pedantic kunt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 52>
  Share Topic