Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

VOLUME 2- "40 SHADES OF GREEN"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: VOLUME 2- "40 SHADES OF GREEN"
    Posted: 19 Feb 2020 at 5:59pm
As many of you know i have spent the last 19 years looking to promote the concept of an Irish football museum/experience in this country to honour or past.

From a humble start the "James Nolan Collection" that features on irelandsoccershirts.com has grown over the years with the support of fans, players both past and present, sponsors and the FAI to be in a position as we approach the Centenary of the Association next year to have contributed items to the GAA Museum in Croke Park, the Aviva Stadium Tour and now the National Football Exhibition 2020.

My journey with this project finishes in 2021 as by that stage it will be 20 years of banging the drum. I would like to finish the project with one last bang tho!!

In 2018 we wrote the "40 Shades of Green" book dedicated to James Nolan and telling our story through the shirts worn by the Irish players on the field from 1986 to 2018.

For the Centenary i would like to write "40 Shades of Green Volume 2- 1921 to 2021". My wish would be that all proceeds from the publication would go to charity.

Before i can begin i am looking to find sponsorship for the publication.If people not familiar with the project visit my Twitter feed @IRELANDSOCSHIRT you can get an idea of how the project has grown so far.

Hopefully i can secure sponsorship and leave a legacy of not only the collection itself but also a sizable donation to a worthwhile cause. This project for me has never been a commercial venture for me and i have never made a penny from it nor am i looking to with the book.

If any one is interested please contact me directly at irelandsoccershirts@gmail.com.

Thanks

Eddie

Edited by irelandshirts - 19 Feb 2020 at 6:11pm
WWW.IRELANDSOCCERSHIRTS.COM

Sponsored Links

BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2020 at 8:47pm
IS
Great on you and hope it all works out.
Looking fwd to Volume II
If you set up a crowdfunding page let us know
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic