You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vodafone broadband

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vodafone broadband
    Posted: 12 Dec 2022 at 10:51am
It's €35 per month if I switch from Virgin and I'm currently paying €90 a month

Is anyone with Vodafone and would they recommend? I see they recently began using Virgin's fibre network so I'm assuming the speeds should be the same?

I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2022 at 11:31am
We got our Virgin broadband down to €30 per month for 6 months. Just ring up to cancel and they'll offer a reduced price, say no again and they'll reduce again.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
KING-CON View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KING-CON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2022 at 11:41am
I have Vodafone in Kilkenny City and its perfect. No complaints. The more congested the area the less fast it will be though so depends where you are. Thats my understanding anyways. 

Edited by KING-CON - 12 Dec 2022 at 11:45am
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2022 at 2:39pm
I was with them for a fee years through the phone line. With Pure Telecom snd have fibre to the door installed at the start of that contract, €30pm I think its now €35 anyway. Had no issues with Vodafone though bar i cancelled at the time due to a price increase. The average house running the average connected equipment has no real need for the speeds virgin offer, its just a selling point.
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2022 at 7:56pm
Interesting this. I've been stuck with virgin for years because the fixed phone lines into the house were cut years ago and id have to pay to restore etc which wasn't worth the grief.

Currently pay €70 a month for 500mb fibre. Fixed that for a year because it was a reduction of €10 on the previous bill.
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2022 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

Interesting this. I've been stuck with virgin for years because the fixed phone lines into the house were cut years ago and id have to pay to restore etc which wasn't worth the grief.

Currently pay €70 a month for 500mb fibre. Fixed that for a year because it was a reduction of €10 on the previous bill.
I had a similar situation to you Tom when I first left Virgin or whatever they wer called at the time. The line to the house was reconnected for free at the time. Nowadays, more and more areas are fibre to your door and again i was upgraded for free when I last switched. Worth a call if you havent already done so.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2022 at 10:37pm
Just keep ringing every 6 months to get a loyalty bonus from virgin and pay 35 or so. Actually need to ring them to do if again, back up to 71 last couple months. But I've been doing it for last few years
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2022 at 9:22am

We were the very same and wasn't digging up the driveway to fix the land line but Virgin didn't know they were are only option so kept offering discounts to stay. Eir is an option now as they but a box on the side of the house earlier in the year which I think they are rolling out in plenty of areas.
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2022 at 9:51am
Do not go to Eir.

Their customer services must be based in the hospital in one flew over the cuckoo's nest.
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2022 at 10:58am

Yeah this is exactly the position I'm in. I put my address in to the Vodafone website after posting the above and it says it doesn't currently offer broadband to my address so it looks like I'm stuck with Virgin. 

I'll just call them and say I'm moving to Vodafone and see what they offer me. I have basic TV with Virgin as well which I like to keep so even more incentive to stay
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2022 at 11:02am
Moved to Vodafone from Virgin and excellent service.  They used the ESB lines and formed a joint company called Siro. 

Ironically I hate Virgin 😀
AKA pedantic kunt
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2022 at 11:54am
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

Do not go to Eir.

Their customer services must be based in the hospital in one flew over the cuckoo's nest.

Eir really are the pits , it got so bad i told them it would be easier to send smoke signals than to make a phone call . 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Patman Scoop View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patman Scoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2022 at 11:34pm
I've just moved from Vodafone to sky as my contract was up , onebigswitch have a €30 per month for 12 months offer with sky ....I just have IPTV so only need the internet, 500mb speed.

Vodafone were grand , no complaints, I'll probably move back to them next year at renewal 
Why no wine??!
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2022 at 3:41am
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

Do not go to Eir.

Christ, that brings back memories of endless calls made during lockdown to their customer service.

What is most odd about Eir, is they are behind Gomo, the dirt cheap mobile phone service. That is brilliant, 10bob a month and I think I have had to contact them once. €120 a year for unlimited calls, texts and internet.  
It would damage this forums' reputation
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2022 at 8:11am
Agree, gomo is terrific. Getting 5G internet over the phone network in a lot of places in Dublin too at no extra cost.
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2022 at 10:11am
am I the only one on hear who has never had broadband at homeLOL
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2022 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

must be a bitch waiting on dial up when you want to watch Netflix.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2022 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

must be a bitch waiting on dial up when you want to watch Netflix.
He probably has broadband but just doesn’t realise it LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic