You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vienna - November 12th 2016- Travel + Accom

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 54>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2016 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by newrynyuk newrynyuk wrote:

Just booked my flights.  flying out Friday the 11th from Heathrow 10:50, arrive Vienna 14:05.  Returning Sunday the 13th, 17:00, arriving at Heathrow 18:30.  All on BA. 

Cost just £79.00, though admittedly that with using some Air Miles.  £109.00 otherwise.

Might use that route myself not a bad price even without the air miles 
Sponsored Links

cliffrichard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cliffrichard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2016 at 4:16pm
Flew to Bratislava for the game last time around and organised a transfer to and from the hostel. Was cheap enough between 5 of us.

Charlie P's, and Vienna generally, was a great spot.

Might look into sorting this soon.

Touts Out!
DUNIT View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUNIT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2016 at 1:14am
would love to book this now, but france is gonna be so expensive need all the cash i can get.
Tyronebhoy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyronebhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2016 at 5:28pm
Went ahead and booked flights for this today (Nov 10-14) to help take my mind off sweating on my Euro tickets. From Belfast City via Heathrow for £230. Could have got it wee bit cheaper but times/layover waits weren't great. With this it's 3hrs45mins out (morning) and back (afternoon) Smile
Northmen, Southmen, Comrades All
Guf10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
...fond of the jar.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Guf10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2016 at 7:35pm
Booked lastnight.

Aer Lingus direct Fri-Sun. 150€ return
2 in a row, 2 in a row, 2 in a row

Trap for Pope View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap for Pope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2016 at 8:36pm
Getting this sorted on payday
Living for Away days
Scamper View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2016 at 8:41pm
Booked on this, flight times are Mint, and at €155 return direct. It couldn't be sweeter. Paid nearly double that for the same flights 2 years ago. Happy Days. Thats all 4 trips booked up now for this year, now to start saving. Smile
====#Everywhere you play, We'll Follow====
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2016 at 9:00pm
You'd want to get on those Aer Lingus flights sooner rather than later. I imagine it's a pricing error and they won't remain at that price.

I saw them last night and managed to get them for €152. Up to €156 now and only going up in price.
Scamper View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2016 at 9:03pm
Ya i think your right Dave, I paid 455.94 for 3 flights, and 20 min later its 467 for the same 3 flights.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2016 at 9:09pm
I know my mate got the last one at €154 before they went up to €156.

I can't believe I'm getting direct flights for that price, tbh. It really is something else. Has to be an error by EI.
eboue16 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eboue16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2016 at 9:11pm
gone up to 200 return already....
Scamper View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2016 at 9:15pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

I can't believe I'm getting direct flights for that price, tbh. It really is something else. Has to be an error by EI.

I Know ya its mad, when i went to Vienna the last time i paid €279 for the direct flights. They are cracking times as well which is great.  Stupid question i know but if it was a pricing error they can do f**k all because we have booked??

I very nearly booked out and home via Zurich or Frankfurt or somewhere like that 3 weeks ago when i had a few spare pound,  think it would have been €220 ish , delighted i didnt now.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2016 at 9:17pm
Nah, we have a finalised contract with them now. Unless they change the flight times and refund us. It would be a d*ck move if they did that and I can't see it happening.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2016 at 9:18pm
Originally posted by Scamper Scamper wrote:

Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

I Know ya its mad, when i went to Vienna the last time i paid €279 for the direct flights. They are cracking times as well which is great.  Stupid question i know but if it was a pricing error they can do f**k all because we have booked??

I very nearly booked out and home via Zurich or Frankfurt or somewhere like that 3 weeks ago when i had a few spare pound,  think it would have been €220 ish , delighted i didnt now.
nope, they can't cancel afaik as long as you booked directly through the airline and not a third party website.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
eboue16 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eboue16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2016 at 9:21pm
out of curiousity how difficult would it be for me to get a ticket for the game? only away game ive been to excluding Euro 2012 was scotland away (in the home end). Been to the vast majority of home games since 2010/11 and now that i finally have the dollar together i want to start getting to some aways!
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2016 at 9:24pm
Still coming up as 155 rtn for me
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2016 at 9:24pm
You will definitely get a ticket for this game.

It's very rare that you don't get a ticket.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2016 at 9:28pm
Yeah it's still €155. It might be more if you go looking for flights for multiple people, admittedly, depending on how many remain at the lower fare levels.

Their model isn't good for consumers.... if, say, there is one flight left at €80 and then the next price level is €100, and you go looking for two people, it'll come in at €200, not €180.

If you're booking for multiple people, no matter the transport provider, always search for one person first.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 54>
  Share Topic