You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vienna - November 12th 2016- Travel + Accom

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 54>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2016 at 8:28am
Nope. They're too expensive from London atm. Will wait another few months.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Sponsored Links

Scamper View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2016 at 8:33am
Ya im thinking the same. Flew direct last time and was A1. Will try do the same again. Aer lingus don't seem to have updated that far tho. So will wait another month or 2. Hotel is booked alright, straight across the road from Charlie P's. 😉😉
====#Everywhere you play, We'll Follow====
farrell View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farrell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2016 at 9:21am
Crowd of us going to Vienna. Doesn't seem to be any direct flights from Dublin at the minute. Could fly into Bratislava, which is an hours drive to Vienna.
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2016 at 9:22am
Originally posted by Scamper Scamper wrote:

Ya im thinking the same. Flew direct last time and was A1. Will try do the same again. Aer lingus don't seem to have updated that far tho. So will wait another month or 2. Hotel is booked alright, straight across the road from Charlie P's. 😉😉
They do have their flights uploaded for November but it looks like their Vienna route is seasonal: Shocked

So it looks like either flying to Bratislava (Ryanair bosses must be fairly rubbing their hands now) or else indirect flights to Vienna. Cry

Gonna wait anyway to see what Ryanair and Easyjet (for connecting flights) have to offer, both should be uploading their flights pretty soon now, I would have thought?
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2016 at 9:35am
Another  route  is
Vienna -Salzburg with Westbahn train 24.90€ (no need to pre book, pay on the train)

Ryanair-  Salzburg-Stanstead-Dublin
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2016 at 9:59am
Flew to Budapest and took the train down for the last game in Vienna will probably do the same again if funds allow me to do this game
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2016 at 10:27am

Aer Lingus do fly there this winter but it does appear from the timetable that they have dropped the route for next winter. 

Slovakia play Lithuania the night before venue TBC.  I was thinking of going if in Bratislava (unlikely) or Trnava.  I hope Ryanair continue to operate the Bratislava route next winter as direct flights are much easier.
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2016 at 1:23pm

I just called Aer Lingus and spoke to Dara in reservations.  She went and checked for me and apparently they will not be running flights on the Vienna route next winter.   I still wouldn't 100% trust this info but I asked was she sure and was told she was. 

So the choices now appear to be Ryanair to Bratislava (not available yet)  or lots of indirect routes to Vienna at less than €200. 

I found the bus from Vienna to Bratislava airport to be a bit of a pain - metro trip to the suburbs, find the bus stop - well over an hour to the airport.   OK arriving that way from what I recall.  Vienna airport has a direct CAT train to the centre. 

Frankfurt or Zurich seem the better options for connecting flights. They are much better airports to connect in than Heathrow or Paris CDG.
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2016 at 1:32pm

Just seen

Ryanair flights to Bratislava now available.  However 300 euro return around matchday.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2016 at 1:37pm
Ryanair -Stanstead-Salzburg  is a route i am taking in March, handy  to get to Vienna,Salzburg airport is 10 mins and  10€ in taxi to the train station,or 20 mins and 2.50€ on a bus,Westbahn train to Vienna goes every hour and costs  25€,2 and half hour train journey, free wifi , pay on the train, or the flix bus goes from Salzburg to Vienna for 26€
baresi41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baresi41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 4:14pm
Swissair from Dublin with changes to Vienna out 17th return 20th NOV. Works out at €210 with a checked bag at present. LHR AND LGW are pricey @ present, and Aer Ligus returns to both London airports are pricey. Think advice to hold off booking for the moment is sound advice.  WinkWinkWinkWinkWink
FRANCO BARESI: Always supporting the green brigade
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 4:30pm
I'd agree with that. Bratislava and Budapest direct flights may end up a fair bit cheaper, too, especially if Ryanair prices fall. Sure we'll see.
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 4:43pm
Budapest atm is around 140ish return, not bad and don't think it will drop by much
Hickster74 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hickster74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 5:26pm
Booked with Lufthansa (Swiss) Fri-Sun (via Zurich) yesterday - jumped at the €195 just to be sure.
Early back Sunday but suits me.
"Perhaps the reason that they did not consider the worst, was because discussion of such cases would have cast suspicion on the planner as being a "saboteur". Paranoia was rampant throughout."
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by baresi41 baresi41 wrote:

Swissair from Dublin with changes to Vienna out 17th return 20th NOV. Works out at €210 with a checked bag at present. LHR AND LGW are pricey @ present, and Aer Ligus returns to both London airports are pricey. Think advice to hold off booking for the moment is sound advice.  WinkWinkWinkWinkWink

Definitely a good job you held off.  The match is on November 12th.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2016 at 4:13am
newrynyuk View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newrynyuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2016 at 2:03pm
Just booked my flights.  flying out Friday the 11th from Heathrow 10:50, arrive Vienna 14:05.  Returning Sunday the 13th, 17:00, arriving at Heathrow 18:30.  All on BA. 

Cost just £79.00, though admittedly that with using some Air Miles.  Â£109.00 otherwise.

Fadqueen View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fadqueen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2016 at 1:19pm
This is proving more difficult to organise than Moldova and Serbia 😂😂
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 54>
  Share Topic