You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vienna - November 12th 2016 - General Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 85868788>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2016 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by Jason Kelly Jason Kelly wrote:

Originally posted by PaulCullen PaulCullen wrote:

Also must say the Bohs lads were hilarious, getting all sorts of old songs going, and this is coming from a st patricks athletic season ticket holder ClapClapClapClap

St. Pats season ticket holder my eye.

Your a bohs fan Cullen. 

Strange alright.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
Sponsored Links

ProudAndLoud View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2016 at 11:34am
Sorry only getting back. Ye thugs of bouncers alright. I didnt realise it a mafia shop.

My lad who 19 was just up singing on a chair as you may do and bit of hsarmless song sl*gging between group of irish and english lads during scotland/english match. Was all bit of crack with no one offended.

Bouncers asked us chill out which we did. Then half hour later my lad chanced his arm got up again n started to sing. 3 big gorrillas came over said your leaving so we grabbed our gear n headed for door. As my son was going out door he was pushed from behind by bouncer onto path outside. I challenged him n said give it up we didnt want hassle. He then punched me in head and eye. 

Result sore head and black eye. I NEVER look for trouble and first time in about 40 away matches have had any hassle. Im still pissed off but the 3 points from Sat night made trip worth it.

Dubliner Bratislava Bouncers = Absolute Scum.

Ps GUFC thanks for heads up but like other lads I didnt see it
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2016 at 11:41am
To be fair, you were in Slovakia.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2016 at 11:57am
To be fair I wish I had an Kalashnicov. Them Plastic Hammers not worth a fook :)
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2016 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by Smidger Smidger wrote:

Just want to say a huge thanks from all the crew here at Charlie P's, to all the fans that made it an incredible few days in and around (and further beyond) the pub.

We're all just getting our bodies readjusted, some songs still banging around in our heads but thats all good!

Once the staff had a few days to get back to best, I was delighted to chat with them and hear all their positive stories. 
They were thrilled with the help and understanding the fans gave them over the 4 days in what were pretty intense conditions at times. 
They really, really appreciated this

As for the constant party atmosphere...they loved it, especially those who hadn't witnessed Irish fans in fine fettle before!

Some incredibly funny stories too ;) 

Also had a call from the police chief during the week, amazed he was and said they never had it so easy as with the Irish fans

Really proud to see & hear these things about the Irish fans that were with us , can somehow expect it, but to see it first hand in the midst of the action was truly something to behold

So heres to a massive 3 points in the bag (living here, this one was xtra special!) and a weekend never to be forgotten!

The team, the fans...just keep it up!

Roll on March and the next big win

Ro

Smidger you have to remember this is a two way street as i all my years following Ireland away from home i can say that Charlie Ps is head and shoulders above any other " Irish " pub that i have visited .  I didn't visit CPs this time as i knew it would be jammed but to you and your staff i salute you ClapClapClap.StarStarStarStarStar
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Jason Kelly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jason Kelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2016 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by ProudAndLoud ProudAndLoud wrote:

To be fair I wish I had an Kalashnicov. Them Plastic Hammers not worth a fook :)

You should have went to uisce beatha. Its a small Irish bar arond the corner run by a Wexford fella. Sound guy.

Bratislava is a great City  but The Dubliner is a no go. Its treble the price compared to local bars aswell.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2016 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by Jason Kelly Jason Kelly wrote:

You should have went to uisce beatha. Its a small Irish bar arond the corner run by a Wexford fella. Sound guy.

Bratislava is a great City  but The Dubliner is a no go. Its treble the price compared to local bars aswell.
The time I was there every round of the same drinks was a different price. It was like bingo.
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2016 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

To be fair, you were in Slovakia.

Bratislava was grand the last time we were there so I wouldn't tarnish all Slovakian with the same brush as the absolute scum bouncers inside and outside the Dubliner.

Even the time we were there for the double header we drank in a bar which was full of Slovakians who looked rough as f**k and we had a ball .
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2016 at 4:06pm
No issues with the Dubliner, loads of issues with getting ripped off by taxi drivers.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2016 at 10:06am

Sorry only getting back. Ye thugs of bouncers alright. I didnt realise it a mafia shop.

My lad who 19 was just up singing on a chair as you may do and bit of hsarmless song sl*gging between group of irish and english lads during scotland/english match. Was all bit of crack with no one offended.

Bouncers asked us chill out which we did. Then half hour later my lad chanced his arm got up again n started to sing. 3 big gorrillas came over said your leaving so we grabbed our gear n headed for door. As my son was going out door he was pushed from behind by bouncer onto path outside. I challenged him n said give it up we didnt want hassle. He then punched me in head and eye. 

Result sore head and black eye. I NEVER look for trouble and first time in about 40 away matches have had any hassle. Im still pissed off but the 3 points from Sat night made trip worth it.

For a man that has gone to so many away games when you're told once in these places that should be enough. It's not Ireland where you might get away with it.

Doesn't justify what those thugs did either.
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2016 at 10:53am
Thanks for the advice !!!Ouch
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2016 at 3:00pm

Thanks for the advice !!!Ouch

My mate made the mistake of getting thick with a bouncer in Riga the night before we went to Georgia game. My mate was locked and was no threat just mouthing off like you might over here when you're kicked out.

My mate was no threat to him and I was standing in between them. The bouncer came up right behind me and gave him a sickening punch right across the jaw. He flew back and whacked his head off the ground.Myself and my other mate dragged him away as these lads would have killed us.

Moral of the story is the don't mess around in these places and once they warn you, I'd take their advice tbh.
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2016 at 5:26pm
I know its a different story when away in some places. Im usually street wise but didnt see this coming ! Anyway onwards we go 
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2016 at 6:34pm

I know its a different story when away in some places. Im usually street wise but didnt see this coming ! Anyway onwards we go 

We had less than 500 in Georgia last time. Had the guts of 650 in Serbia and a surprisingly same if a little bit more in number in Moldova.

Would be nice if we got more in Georgia next year. Regardless of our home results against Wales & Austria, it's one of these places it'll be hard to attract more than 500+ support out there.
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2016 at 7:48pm
Couldn't make the Austria trip last week due to various commitments but having finally got to see the full game on Friday, here's my few thoughts on a brilliant victory! Very jealous of all that were there!

http://afalsefirstxi.blogspot.ie/2016/11/wien-ner-alright.html?m=1
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
valo88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valo88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2016 at 9:05pm

We got a bit of hassle there in 2013 last time we played Austria, the whole stretch there is corrupt as f**k run by the mafia.

Place directly across the from the Dubliner was the worst, we went around for Breakfast one morning... Your man basically dragged us in the door when we were looking at the menus outside. They had what we wanted anyway so we settled there...

We ordered grub and a round of pints... Your man bring us the pints and a round of shots 'on the house' ...we didnt want them at 10am, hungover t'f**k, trying to get our heads straight for the train journey in an hour. We knocked them back and said cheers anyway.

Meals come, he does the same again. Another round of shots on a tray poured out. Half of us drink these, the other half couldn't stomach it.

We finish our grub again and he tries to pull the same sh*t. We told him no, please leave us alone to finish food, we appreciate it, but we have to get on our way.

We notice 2 heavies come in the door, staring us out of it then talking to your man.

We ask for the bill and hes having none of it. We push that we've a train to catch in 15mins and he eventually talllies everything up. Hes put the 3 round of shots on it, 2 of which we drank.

We didnt want any trouble and just paid up, it was only something like an extra 3quid a head. But he shook an extra 30quid from us. Something he prob would have got off us through another round of beers and tips had he just been sound!
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2016 at 9:31pm
don't people do any sort of research when they intend going places ? 
Dubliner was highlighted plenty of times here  
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2016 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

don't people do any sort of research when they intend going places ? 
Dubliner was highlighted plenty of times here  

Yes, I Google every pub and restaurant before I enter it and read every page of ybig to see what potential danger awaits me, amazed everyone else doesn't go the same
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 85868788>
  Share Topic