You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vienna Metro

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2016 at 7:09pm
Doesn't run when it snows though
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Sponsored Links

PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2016 at 7:13pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Doesn't run when it snows though

Will I be safe on this BSM?
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2016 at 7:19pm
Rife with pickpockets from what I hear maybe BSM could back me up on this
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2016 at 8:17pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Rife with pickpockets from what I hear maybe BSM could back me up on this
confirmed
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2016 at 8:29pm
OK I arrive in Vienna Airport at 19.20 friday subject to Air France not acting the boolix using the S7 and other forms of transport whats my fastest way to charlie p's ( hotel opp charlie p's) as i reckon theres no other irish fans on my flight to share a cab with.

Edited by kevincronin2000 - 04 Nov 2016 at 8:32pm
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2016 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

OK I arrive in Vienna Airport at 19.20 friday subject to Air France not acting the boolix using the S7 and other forms of transport whats my fastest way to charlie p's ( hotel opp charlie p's) as i reckon theres no other irish fans on my flight to share a cab with.

When you get off the S7 jump in a cab it's only 5km to Charlie Ps so should be cheap enough even on your own.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2016 at 8:55pm

its grand i worked it out myself S7 from airport to Wien Pratersern and the U2 to 

Schottentor

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2016 at 8:56pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

When you get off the S7 jump in a cab it's only 5km to Charlie Ps so should be cheap enough even on your own.
Thanks
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2016 at 8:58pm

Get u bahn from Landstrasse to Volkstheatre (line U3), and change onto line U2 and get off at schottentor-10 mins should take you from when you get off s7 to charlies

Edited by bogball88 - 04 Nov 2016 at 8:59pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2016 at 9:04pm
Originally posted by bogball88 bogball88 wrote:

Get u bahn from Landstrasse to Volkstheatre (line U3), and change onto line U2 and get off at schottentor-10 mins should take you from when you get off s7 to charlies

Thumbs Up
Peter Stöger View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

I am Wah.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Stöger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2016 at 9:08pm
Do they take Irish euros on this thing or is it best going to the bureau de change in the airport? 
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2016 at 9:16pm
Originally posted by Peter Stöger Peter Stöger wrote:

Do they take Irish euros on this thing or is it best going to the bureau de change in the airport? 

Butter vouchers only
Peter Stöger View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

I am Wah.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Stöger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2016 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by Butch Butch wrote:

Originally posted by Peter Stöger Peter Stöger wrote:

Butter vouchers only

Maybe the machines take these Wink

BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2016 at 11:26pm

its grand i worked it out myself S7 from airport to Wien Pratersern and the U2 to 
<h1 jstcache="604" style="margin-right: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-variant-numeric: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: inherit; line-height: inherit; font-family: Roboto, Arial, sans-serif; vertical-align: line; : rgb66, 133, 244; list-style: none; overflow: ; color: rgb255, 255, 255;">Schottentor</h1>

Have you been abandoned by all the Donegal boys ?
Landing at 19 30 there is no need to panic about drinking tine
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2016 at 12:31am
I've had a look and it seems it's 3.90 for a single ticket into Vienna on the S7 (not the CAT, avoid it, it's much more expensive and little quicker: there to take advantage of the unwary).

A normal metro single is 2.20.
A 24 hour metro ticket for the city centre zone (all you'll need, aside from the airport) is 7.60.
A 48 hour ticket is 13.30.

It could, potentially, be the case that if you just get a 2.20 ticket for the S7 train, along with a 24/48 hour metro ticket, you will be okay: albeit you'll need to get both in the airport and validate both. Look at it like this: a ticket from the airport to anywhere in the central zone is 3.90. A ticket from the airport to the last stop before the central zone is 2.20..... and the 24/48 hour ticket is valid for the journey inside the central zone. So it might work, although it might be as well to check when you get there.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2016 at 7:07am
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

I've had a look and it seems it's 3.90 for a single ticket into Vienna on the S7 (not the CAT, avoid it, it's much more expensive and little quicker: there to take advantage of the unwary).

A normal metro single is 2.20.
A 24 hour metro ticket for the city centre zone (all you'll need, aside from the airport) is 7.60.
A 48 hour ticket is 13.30.

It could, potentially, be the case that if you just get a 2.20 ticket for the S7 train, along with a 24/48 hour metro ticket, you will be okay: albeit you'll need to get both in the airport and validate both. Look at it like this: a ticket from the airport to anywhere in the central zone is 3.90. A ticket from the airport to the last stop before the central zone is 2.20..... and the 24/48 hour ticket is valid for the journey inside the central zone. So it might work, although it might be as well to check when you get there.

From what I can see that 3.90 on the s7 also includes going to anywhere on the metro within the city zone. Airport is outside the zone so you pay for the journey to the end or 1 zone and then into the city zone. I saw one website that said 3.90 to get you anywhere into the city from the airport
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2016 at 11:03am
Originally posted by BohsinMunich BohsinMunich wrote:

<h1 jstcache="604" style="margin-right: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-variant-numeric: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: inherit; line-height: inherit; font-family: Roboto, Arial, sans-serif; vertical-align: line; : rgb66, 133, 244; list-style: none; overflow: ; color: rgb255, 255, 255;">Schottentor</h1>

Have you been abandoned by all the Donegal boys ?
Landing at 19 30 there is no need to panic about drinking tine

19.20 my flights in, dont want those donegal boys getting too much of a head start.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic